Doom Fanfiction: Knee Deep in the Dead

For discussing anything in the Doom universe.
Impie

Doom Fanfiction: Knee Deep in the Dead

Post by Impie » Sat Mar 15, 2008 02:39

I've just published a horror novella (100 pages) based on Doom's first episode online. I heard the guy that published the last super-lengthy Doom story was from these forums and figured I might find an audience here. If anyone's interested you can find it here:

http://sites.google.com/site/theplutoniasaga/Home

And if you have any comments or feedback I'd love to hear from you, here or at the Doomworld forums. Sorry for the shameless plug but I've been working on it for over six months.

The novella, I mean, not the shameless plug.

Excerpt from first chapter:

I hate space travel. I've been sitting in a titanium ice chest for the last two hours with no TV and no radio, crammed shoulder-to-shoulder with seven of my shift buddies and marinating in a collective body odor that burns my eyes. If I don't keep myself distracted I'll pass out, either from the smell or my starving gut. So I'm finally using my PDA as a personal log. Had it since I arrived two months ago and never touched it except to check for memos from Sarge or updates from Max about Poker Night. Always wanted to take a stab at journalism.

Feel like a sardine in here. On the outside the ship looked huge. Standard transport shuttle, about fifty-by-thirty feet of bulky titanium hull, six stiff legs and six big lights fore and aft. When docked, it looks like a clunky wind-up tick the size of a small house. But inside it's as cramped as an armored personnel carrier, only so cold your fingertips go numb. Passengers sit with their backs to the walls in plastic-coated seats that I'd bet good money are made of concrete. They strapped me in so tight I can hardly turn my head, and scratching my ass is out of the question. Any other marine would sit back and call it cozy. Color me disillusioned.

Space marine, as hip as it sounds, is roughly similar to calling someone a rent-a-cop. Mars Patrol officers tend to be hot shot kids that haven't even finished their eight, and the few that have any real combat experience are the kinds of soldiers that get swept under the rug before they stain the Corps's reputation. Next to Sarge I'm the most experienced marine on this flight. Rowlins served in the war, but he never talks about it, and if anybody asks he just goes into a silent string of prayers, stroking the cross dangling around his neck. Right now he's sitting upright with his eyes closed, either sleeping or meditating, I can't tell which. Mad Max has tenure, too, but as a Chair Force helicopter pilot. At least, I hope so. She's flying this hunk of shit tonight.
Last edited by Impie on Mon Aug 18, 2008 06:21, edited 2 times in total.

Chapstick
Baron of Hell

Re: Doom Fanfiction: Knee Deep in the Dead

Post by Chapstick » Wed Mar 19, 2008 17:29

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a read. :)
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!

Impie

Post by Impie » Sun Mar 23, 2008 02:41

Okay, somebody deleted my novella from the site without an explanation, so I'll let you all know when I find a new, better place to host it.

UPDATE: I decided to use my free google page. The url in the original post has been changed accordingly.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Mar 23, 2008 04:27

Sweet dude.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Impie

Post by Impie » Mon Mar 24, 2008 08:00

Hey, thanks for showing interest, guys. Hope you like it.

The problem on fanfiction.net has been resolved, so the story now exists in two places. But I like the look of the googlepage version better, and I have more control over that one anyway.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4131496/1/K ... n_the_Dead

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Mar 24, 2008 23:39

Wow dude that was awesome!

Very descriptive, made me feel like I was immersed in the setting. I like how you had detail of the psychological state of the marine as well, well done.

Impie

Post by Impie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 02:52

Thankya for the kind words, youdied.

Impie

Post by Impie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 04:37

I revamped the google page. It now has an index page with links to Knee Deep in the Dead and the prologue for The Shores of Hell. Check the link!

http://mmmacdee.googlepages.com/home

samuelmonaghan_aussie
Spider Mastermind

Post by samuelmonaghan_aussie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 15:01

Very nice and Captivating
Mr Smith wrote:Can we still say cunt even if Chill is still here?

Impie

Post by Impie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 08:42

Okay, everybody, I got a new, better-looking site now. It has Knee Deep in the Dead, and the newly completed Shores of Hell. Go check it out!

http://sites.google.com/site/theplutoniasaga/Home