Looking back at Doom, is it still awesomeness?

For discussing anything in the Doom universe.
Paul
Spider Mastermind

Looking back at Doom, is it still awesomeness?

Post by Paul » Sun Jan 17, 2010 00:23

It's been a few years since Doom came out, many of us on the forums were drooling over the game for a several years before its release. Looking back does it still seem like one of the decades best games? Or is it just a footnote in your memory for the last decade?

For me its one of the better shooters that have come for a while. It's one I actually bothered to complete, the only others really would be Crysis and Half-Life 2 (still not finished Episode 2 though). I also think its one of the decades more underated games, seemingly attacking it for having stale indoorsy gameplay, seemingly forgetting the awesome Hell levels, and the awesome interactive computers which still have not been replicated elsewhere anywhere near as well.

My only regret is that we didn't get the Trent Reznor sounds, they were so much better than what was in the final game.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Re: Looking bac at Doom, is it still awesomeness?

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 00:25

To this day I still have Doom 3 and Doom 3 RoE on my PC, I still enjoy playing it. It was my first real videogame since I was a kid and it holds a special place in my heart. I love Doom 3. <3
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Chapstick
Baron of Hell

Post by Chapstick » Sun Jan 17, 2010 00:27

Doom 3 was one of my most anticipated games ever. It's the game that got me on this forum.

I played it once and enjoyed it, but never played it again.
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!

Achilles
Spider Mastermind

Post by Achilles » Sun Jan 17, 2010 00:30

Doom 3 was the first game I got for my PC when I got out of the hostpital, it pretty much kept me sane when I was laying in a bed all day, everyday for 2 months. Plus it's one of the only games that make me jump.
Fasbook
Achilles wrote: You were always a cartoonist Ransom... unrealistic.

Paul
Spider Mastermind

Re: Looking back at Doom, is it still awesomeness?

Post by Paul » Sun Jan 17, 2010 00:38

What about multiplayer? I actually quite enjoyed mutliplayer, its 4 player max was kinda unusual and the smaller dark levels made things pretty tense.

Wish I still had a Doom 3 server. :)

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 00:41

The Edge 2 was my favorite map, god I loved camping in there. Capture the flag on RoE was a real nice touch, but I didn't enjoy those maps because of the lack of camping spots.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Chapstick
Baron of Hell

Post by Chapstick » Sun Jan 17, 2010 00:42

Yeah, I remember playing some multiplayer on your server. That was fun.

I remember when I got my hands on the alpha leak, or whatever that was. Man those few, glitchy levels were rad
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!