Doom 3 is absolutely fantastic, there'z no deny in that. The characters, the storyline and the game environment is all great!
However, there are several bugs, which you might also encountered, and I wonder if you have the same opinion 'bout them.
- Too few secret places compared to the older Doom-games.
- The levels are too dark, and there is no attachable or built-in flashlight for your weapons. I know, I know, there are several mods which has this minor bug fixed, I'm talking 'bout the original game now.
- TOO MUCH AMMUNITION! Almost every FPS game has this enormous problem. The levels are easy to complete even in Nightmare mode, since there is no such problem as ammo shortage. The only exception is the Hell level alright, but at the other levels, there is no challenge in shooting, and direct hits. You don't even use that enormous amount of ammo.
- Invisible walls: Also a common problem in most games, not just FPS. "We don't want you to climb this and that object/wall/rock/whatever, because we would need to draw extra pixels, create secret areas, and bullshit, so we block it with an invisible wall". This shows incredible lazyness of the authors'.
- The Pinky demon roar: I found this little bug in Monorail skybridge level (or Recycling sector 1, if you prefer). Y'know that wide, U-shaped corridor when 3 Pinky demons come to greet you. Using a grenade, you allure them out of the corner, and kill them. You kill the third Pinky as well, which is summoned near you. BLAM! Pinky goes down. Then you continue your way, and you hear them roar...
- Monsters' limbs "clip" through movable walls, and objects somethimes.
- The shotgun's spread is too big. Just compare it to Doom 2.
- I miss water pools, and underwater areas. I thought every good game has underwater sections nowadays. Even Quake 2 and 3 had it. Why did they forgot them in Doom 3?
- Wide open areas, and large, toxic pools with bridge crossing is also missing.
- Cacodemons are quite small compared to Doom 2, and Lost souls are too big.
- I miss the Baron of Hell, Arachnotron and Pain elemental as well. The classical demonic head with horns.
- The marine's movement is FRIGGIN' clumsy and gangling. Compare it to Quake 2, and y'll see what I mean.
- Too many bullet-proof objects! I don't know how can a computer's monitor survive a BFG-blast.
These are my "bugs" from Doom 3. I don't know what do you think, but these should be fixed in Quake 4.
"Marine! Er...never mind..."