guild bores 2

video games are fart
kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Re: guild bores 2

Post by kob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 02:08

yeah optimization is pretty poor. intel processors seem to run it a lot better so if you have an AMD you might be suffering just because of that

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 04:07

i have it and plan to play but i've been without good enough internet since it came out

Syringe
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: OHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Syringe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 17:28

I think I've kind of grown out of MMOs. They just don't hold the appeal. I can play games for hours but.. I prefer it to be in short pieces, you know? Like, I can sit down, play a game of SC2 for 15 minutes, go get a drink, read reddit, read 4chan, play another one, read PF, play another.. etc. Same with most shooters and LoL. I just don't want to be sitting down to play for 6 hours any more. It's just not how I game these days.

GW2 didn't seem that fun to me in beta. It may have changed, but idk. The people I usually play with (KoB and others) loved it in beta, but the whole time I was like "well, this is just WoW with kind of different combat" and.. that just doesn't interest me. The city was really impressive though. The human one. I walked around it in awe for a good fifteen minutes just being like 'WOAH'.. But that's not enough to make me pay 60 bucks. I'm not 14, I don't roleplay any more lel

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Wed Oct 03, 2012 15:19

okay so it took a while to click (the beta never quite sold me on the game but i had already preordered whups), but i am actually really digging this game now.

as decompressed an experience as it is, arenanet's somehow managed to make an mmorpg that doesn't feel like running on a treadmill. it takes a lot of tired mmo concepts and runs them through a polish and a player-friendliness filter. exploration is rewarded in an intuitive way, the crafting system is actually fun, and combat feels playstyle-flexible and (for an mmo) fairly nuanced. i also like the casual way you can run into other players and get involved with shit they're doing without the barrier of parties. WvW is cool too.

i think the best word to describe it is pleasant. it's a pleasant game to jump into for an hour or so at the end of the day. the lack of monthly fee pressure helps that a lot, i think.

the stories are a vanilla crapshoot, but at least the asura and charr ones became kind of tolerable once i learned to laugh at them

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Wed Oct 03, 2012 15:37

have you found any of the jumping puzzles

that's probably the best part about exploration. not only is exploring worth your time (it's a pretty integral part of leveling unless you grind the same events over and over) but the platforming puzzles are well hidden and make the exploration that much more rewarding when you stumble upon one

i still have a lot of issues with the game, namely the character progression in this game, but overall i think they've managed to grab all kinds of audiences without spreading themselves too thin. it's just not as thick as i'd like so i don't play as much as i did on release. i've been playing a lot of LoL and FTL too so i can't make as much room for GW2. the good thing is the lack of a sub fee makes it like any other game so i can pick it up and play whenever i like.

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 01:52

do the viewpoints count as jumping puzzles because if so then yeah, those are neat.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Thu Oct 04, 2012 03:14

no

they don't really show up on the map. you have to explore heavily to stumble upon one. they all give loot at the end so that's when you know you found one. some are actually pretty tricky both in platforming and puzzles