Scariest Game!

video games are fart
RevantheVampire
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:55
Location: VVarvendall, Morrowind Province
Contact:

Post by RevantheVampire » Fri Jun 17, 2005 14:09

Same thing as KnightofBane for me, no game really SCARES me.

Although, the closest thing to getting scared from a video game was when played Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb. I was sitting in my room, playing until 3 A.M. And I tell you, at 3 A.M. in a pitch-black room, playing IJET on the last level, it just spooks the crap out of you, with all the undead chinese.

User avatar
Quack
Baron of Hell
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 03:59
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.
Location: canada

Re: Scariest Game!

Post by Quack » Fri Nov 11, 2016 03:08

SOMA had such interesting ideas in it, has put me a mood unlike ever before. Disturbing, intriguing, shocking. One of the final scenes scared me a lot
when his mind got duplicated and we got to see the one that got left behind. Fucked me up man.

User avatar
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 8367
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 22:39
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC
Location: DANCE MASTAH!
Contact:

Re: Scariest Game!

Post by Saladin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 07:08

Yeah, SOMA was great. There's so many little horrifying things in it, along with the normal body horror and monsters, that are insanely creepy.

Like the lady you can leave alive or kill who's plugged into the wall and the WAU is sustaining. Or you can just leave the VR machine on with the brain scan people you tricked the codes out of. And in either case, there's this horrifying ethical dilemma about what the right thing to do is, and yet both the in game mechanics and in the context of the story, what you ultimately decide doesn't fucking matter at all.

It's so brutal and soul crushing. They did a really good job.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

User avatar
kob
CyberDemon
Posts: 12768
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 14:40
Consoles: PS3 - PC
Location: get slam'd
Contact:

Re: Scariest Game!

Post by kob » Fri Nov 11, 2016 19:12

it says a lot about SOMA that i couldn't even finish it from how scary it was.

well, that's not entirely true. some of the monster encounters were incredibly frustrating so between that and shitting myself i couldn't bring myself to finish it, but it's a great game overall.

User avatar
Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 9442
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 06:44
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine
Location: In your sister

Re: Scariest Game!

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Nov 11, 2016 19:56

Doom 3
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

User avatar
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 8367
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 22:39
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC
Location: DANCE MASTAH!
Contact:

Re: Scariest Game!

Post by Saladin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 21:51

For real though? Come on man.

I replayed it a while ago. It's occasionally unnerving but its primary method of scaring you is turning off the lights and spawning in enemies behind you. The only real scares are the dread you feel waiting for the next jump scare or the occasional unexpected surprise.

I feel you kob. I haven't yet been able to finish Outlast or SCP Containment Breach. Some games are just too scary.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

User avatar
Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 9442
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 06:44
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine
Location: In your sister

Re: Scariest Game!

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Nov 12, 2016 22:08

Saladin wrote:For real though? Come on man.

I replayed it a while ago. It's occasionally unnerving but its primary method of scaring you is turning off the lights and spawning in enemies behind you. The only real scares are the dread you feel waiting for the next jump scare or the occasional unexpected surprise.

I feel you kob. I haven't yet been able to finish Outlast or SCP Containment Breach. Some games are just too scary.
How about playing the game at night with the lights off? Too spooky!
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests