Dota 2, LoL and other ASSFAGGOTS

video games are fart
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Dota 2, LoL and other ASSFAGGOTS

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sat Nov 14, 2009 23:51

OFFICIAL ASSFAGGOTS/MOBA/ARTS/DOTA-STYLE GAME THREAD

Got a beta invite and downloading this right now, looks pretty neat with the cel shaded style.

Wondering who has played or plays this game and what your opinion about it is compared to HoN, DotA and Demigod.

I'll post a mini review after playing it for a while, put in 140 hours in HoN and about 100 in DotA so we'll see haha. So yeah anyone else play besides RP?

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Re: League of Legends

Post by Quack » Sun Nov 15, 2009 02:45

I'm looking forward to refering to it as "LoL"
I agree, the cell shading looks cool.
I havn't played any of the other games you mentioned.
I signed up and just finished installing, so I'll post what I think later

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Nov 15, 2009 04:06

well been playing it for a couple hours or so and already I like this one the best out of all of them by far!

most balanced gameplay/heroes, has a practice mode so you can try out all the heroes beforehand, lots of perks and un-lockables and I love the presentation of the game itself, the cel shading is well done.

well I'm getting this one now instead of HoN haha but yeah just have to see how the match making system works out in the future, so far so good. oh yeah and my s/n on there is ydte420

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 04:28

man i didnt mean for you to choose this over HoN lol. to be honest, i prefer HoN but this is a pretty fun game. maybe i'll grow into the more and more i play it.
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Blow my fucking brains out
Pretty patterns
On the floor

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Nov 15, 2009 04:44

haha

I like the fact that it has the level 18 cap instead of 25 so even if a side dominates in the beginning there's more of a reasonable chance for the teams to even out in late game. I also like how the items arn't overpowered at all unlike HoN to some extent and the action, while there still is a lot of it, isn't too fast paced so if you make one wrong click you don't die in three seconds like in HoN or DotA lol. HoN is still pretty cool though but I think LoL is a step ahead, I'll def play both but think I'm gonna pre order Legends.

Still need to play more of it and see everything I guess but from what I've seen in the first few matches it looks pretty polished.

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 06:01

haha thats true about the items. if you fuck up in HoN there is more of a consequence. either way we be killin it.
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Pretty patterns
On the floor

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Nov 17, 2009 08:45

well so far so good, really enjoy this game. It's nice to switch off to HoN once in a while but I still like this one the best.

so what do you think of it Quack?

only thing that bothers me with the game is that dickhead rat dude (Twitch) and Teemo are pretty tough, ecspecially when paired up. But all depends who's playing as them I guess, match I just played I was playing against both of them but in the end they were 1:15 combined haha. and the fact that you can't deny towers kinda sucks but I like that you don't have to focus on creep denies the whole game which is nice, can focus on the pvp instead of last-hitting shit.

new update tonight though wonder what it'll add hmm.. oh yeah and my new fav hero is Gangplank haha that dude is cool. Cho'Gath is pretty beast as well.

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Tue Nov 17, 2009 15:35

Well it started up fine and everything and I began the tutorial but once I got in control I couldn't move the screen. like it just stays focused on one area. Moving the cursor to the edge of the screen wouldn't do anything and I tried a bunch of other things but no luck. It happened when the tutorial told me to move the frost archer dude. It's probably because I don't have a gaming pc, just this shitty netbook. :(

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 18:22

the screen stays locked in the tutorial for a little while. just click somewhere on the screen or the mini map and you should be able to move.
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Pretty patterns
On the floor

Quack
Baron of Hell

Post by Quack » Tue Nov 17, 2009 20:35

itsmedan wrote:the screen stays locked in the tutorial for a little while. just click somewhere on the screen or the mini map and you should be able to move.
I tried that

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Nov 17, 2009 21:29

hmm weird, there is a button on the bottom right that you just click and then it lets you view the map freely.

try playing a practice game, think it's that way by default.

well despite doing pretty damn good in all my matches only have 6 wins so far :|

I'm not one of those extreme people that barks at the team but jeez... some people really just don't get the concept of 'working together' ahhh

Quack
Baron of Hell

Post by Quack » Tue Nov 17, 2009 21:42

I'll try it again

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed Nov 18, 2009 01:26

eh 26 kills 0 deaths last round, is that good? :lol:

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Mon Jul 05, 2010 18:04

you guys should join me and Syringe sometime. my username is Trilogique.

last round me and him went Gangplank and Amumu (respectively) and trolled the fuck out of the other team. still lost, but it was funny.

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 18:43

Gangplank suuckkss

I played this quite a lot, but stopped and now it won't start.
I got quite good with Sion!