Dota 2, LoL and other ASSFAGGOTS

video games are fart
Syringe
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: OHHHHHHHHHH

Re: League of Legends

Post by Syringe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 13:23

I've had a lot of distaste for Riot as a company so I kind of boycotted their game for a long time. I hadn't played LoL for months and months until I tried it out again these past couple weeks.

It's still fun. I mean, it's a casual game. I still think it has a low skill ceiling. I still think it's a weaker competitive game than SC2 or BW. But.. It's doing better, viewership wise. This is objective fact. A lot of starcraft fans like to talk shit about LoL and make excuses.. I don't like to do that (I used to, but I've come to my senses).

But.. I think that LoL's growth doesn't help esports as a whole. Let me explain-

LoL's growth is great for LoL. It makes them a lot of money. Blizz could learn a lot from Riot and Valve (investing a lot of money in their games' competitive scenes).. But what I've been seeing on twitter is this idea that LoL growing grows esports as a whole.

IT DOESN'T.

There are almost no external sponsorships in competitive LoL and that's the way Riot likes it. They like to do it their way. It doesn't build a sustainable market. It doesn't build the industry, just those specific teams that have LoL teams. Especially when LoL starts pulling this whole "HURR NO LoL AT MLGS IF DOTA IS THERE, AND NO LoL AT BARCRAFTS IF STARCRAFT IS THERE" bullshit. It's dividing the community and that's bad for the scene.

That's why I still dislike LoL, more than anything else.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Nov 25, 2012 06:19

hmm well never noticed this really. (just now saw your post ages later)

I'm gonna get back into the SC scene once the exp comes out but I honestly like the way Riot does the LoL tourneys. all this kinda reminds me of back in the day with CS and Halo buttin heads. sure it only benefits them as a whole but LoL is the most popular PC game out right now, no doubt. the tension is what gets me.

as for LoL yeah it is a lot more causal than DotA but I have more fun playing it. If DotA had AP option for mage characters it would be more balanced but they are only useful for a stun or early game nuke at best. either way it does take a lot of skill to pick a balanced team comp and perform though, even watching the finals you see silly mistakes but the fact that you can be down 2-10 and come back and win is what makes it more exciting. idk that's just my preference.

well, lvl 30 now finally haha. my new lineup goes like this:

top - Shen or Jax

mid - Lux or Vlad

jung - Skarner or Mundo

adc - EZ or Graves

supp - Lulu or Sona
Last edited by youdiedtooeasily on Fri Dec 07, 2012 06:04, edited 1 time in total.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Dec 07, 2012 06:03

thoughts on the new patch? totally different game now but I actually like it, despite the few ranked games I've played been with the special ed ELO jeez...

anyway, this December patch really did change everything but I've heard people praise or bitch about it, was wondering y'all s opinions. the new support items are awesome I wont lie. it seems ap is still the same and for adc they get items faster but are nerfed at the same time, seems like BC is the best item for them right now over IE, BT got a nice buff tho.

I dont see anyone on LoL anymore but was just curious, if you're looking for a revamp this is it believe me.

Syringe
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: OHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Syringe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:49

meh, some new items don't fix the game

i've been playing a little bit it's okay, nothing really changed except what i'm building, core gameplay is still the same

gonna check out nami though since i have so much IP I don't use

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sat Dec 08, 2012 04:56

yeah the core gameplay is still the same no doubt

to me, I seem to play all the champs I usually did differently now and my masteries and item builds are different since the pre reqs for a lot of them changed. like for adc instead of the usual IE PD BT build I go more for BC and LW, pen over crit. jung is a bit rougher now to me, instead of offensive builds I go for pure defense and supp items. bot supp is more fun thanks to that sightsor item haha, I like the idea of it. have yet to try out an ap carry but they seem the same minus a few new items.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Feb 10, 2013 06:19

sup, new lineup for S3 now

top (which I still try to avoid as much as possible): Olaf or hybrid Kayle

mid: Lux or Zyra, tryin to lrn2Anivia

jung: Vi (my new favorite hero) or Cho'Gath

bot (starting to ADC more now over support): Cait or Miss Fortune

supp: Lulu or Sona, on a blue moon Nunu but prefer the other two

what's yours?

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Wed Feb 13, 2013 18:26

zed, kha'zix and nautilus are my bros

but i've been playing a lot of dota 2 lately. not to say i won't play league, but dota 2 is more fun for me right now.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Feb 21, 2013 05:43

wtfman everyone plays DotA 2 now, guess I'll re-install it.

I really like what they did with DotA 2 but LoL is still more fun for me, I played the shit out of the original DotA so that might have some say in the matter in my case. I wish DotA had AP/AP items then it would be perfect IMO.

otherwise, LoL been trying to master Bot lane and go ranked but starting to like mid a lot now. FUCKIN ANNIE OP RIGHT NOW OMG LOLOLOL.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Fri Feb 22, 2013 17:06

yeah i used to think LoL was more fun, but the fact everything is overpowered in dota 2 is so enjoyable. i mean jesus christ nature's prophet has a global teleport as a regular skill. or how about rubick who can spell steal ANY spell in the game? or invoker who has like 10 spells and they all do absurd damage or have a lot of utility.

i think dota is fine without the spell scaling. health and resistances are much harder to come by so even late game spells can still hurt.

either way i care not about the fact dota 2 is much harder. just more fun for me right now, especially with all the problems LoL has.

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58

Seriously I used to think everyone was overpowered in LoL, then I played a game against tinker... Dota 2 is such bullshit.
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Blow my fucking brains out
Pretty patterns
On the floor

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 01:09

tinker isn't too bad. his mana costs are fucking absurd. he does have a dickload of burst, though.

personally KOTL is the most bullshit to me. obviously he's imbalanced, but jesus christ its retarded how unfair he is.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Mar 04, 2013 05:49

heh I hear ya, was that way back in the wc3 DotA days.

just can't get back into it, too used to having flash and ignite lol. I will give it a chance but I really like LoL right now. just too accustomed to the heroes/counters now.

only gripe with LoL is the rune bs, I like the mastery idea and summoner spells. it takes more skill to play DotA 2 for sure (denies/no jung in essence) won't lie but it just ins't scaled all that well imo. the games aren't as exciting to me, if you have a good start it's gg unless your team really sucks. LoL it comes down to the wire a lot, look at the tourneys. team fight prowess. DotA it's more one on one gank snatch n grab then 4v5 win.

I like DotAs heroes more but LoL has some cool ones too. just a matter of preference but both MOBAs are good no doubt. just wish you could deny towers in LoL and have buyback, as for DotA I like the AP idea and there needs to be a more viable jung option.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 08:27

it's actually a lot easier to come back in dota 2. it just gives off the illusion that you can't because hard carries can 1v5 if played right.

i find competitive LoL so uninteresting after watching Dota 2. it's way too easy to hold a lead because there's no gold loss on death and items are cheap and too cost efficient. big difference between the two is that in LoL items ARE your character, but in Dota they are a supplement. not to mention towers give jack shit for gold and inhibs give like, what, nothing? so pushing isn't a viable strat to come back. all you can do is farm, but so is the enemy. if you see a couple thousand gold lead in competitive LoL it's basically over. then there's the fact that Flash, high tower damage, low base damages on abilities and higher start health means the game is very passive. it isn't uncommon to see 3-3 20 minutes in. hell sometimes first blood isn't until 15 or 20 min.

i mean i still like watching LoL from time to time since i like the game, but its so hard to get into because of how passive it is and how hard it is to come back. obviously pubs are different, but competitively the best strategy is just to farm. and now with S3 health stacking is just through the fucking roof. i can't stand seeing brusiers with 4k hp and 200/200 resistances. it's ridiculous. the item balance is really bad atm (league of BORK anyone?).

all of that aside, Riot has just gotten tangled in all their decisions and can't get out. Flash can't be removed because balance goes out the window, but a big reason why LoL is so passive is because of it. plus Riot is REALLY stubborn about changing the game. they won't nerf tower damage because their philosophy is that towers protect you where as in Dota you protect towers. they don't want to upset the more casual players IMO even though it's better for the game competitively. it's funny that LoL is so different from Dota yet the ways to fix LoL is to become more like Dota.

but yeah to each his own. i still like LoL just too burned out on it. it's a fun game to play for sure.

also jungling in dota is very much viable. many pro matches have junglers. natures prophet, lifestealer, ursa, lycan, lone druid, enigma - all junglers off the top of my head

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Wed Jul 10, 2013 19:24

dota 2 is officially released bitches and absolutely nothing has changed

at least abaddon and legion commander are coming out real soon

also i am going to TI3 with Stampede it is going to be gr8 fun

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Re: Dota 2, LoL and other ASSFAGGOTS

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Jul 12, 2013 07:07

you took a good thread and turned it into a jewish. wtf.

LoL master race reporting in.

got to Silver III in twisted treeline then I said fuck my life I'm going to play as Annie and just troll.