FTL: Faster Than Light

video games are fart
kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Re: FTL: Faster Than Light

Post by kob » Fri Sep 28, 2012 04:06

yeah, but i think this hurts a lot more on restart than in isaac, though. this game has a snowball effect, unlike isaac where you can pick up an item that trivializes the entire game on floor 1.

also first attempt on flagship and i died midway through the 2nd phase. motheRFUCK

IF ONLY I DIDN'T GO FULL RETARD AND SEND 2 CREW MEMBERS INTO THEIR MED BAY. WHY DID I THINK I COULD KILL THEM IN THEIR MED BAY. GOD DAMNIT. if i had those 2 crew members i could have dealt with their boarding party without losing a lot of damage to my systems, which in turn would have let me keep their shields on lockdown with my ion weapon and blast their drone system.

anyway i think the engi ship completely blows the kestrel out of the water as long as you pick up an extra weapon. so many enemies later on have anti-missile drones and the ion weapon is just way too good.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Fri Sep 28, 2012 07:09

well! so much for that! run after the one above I beat it. had 8 crew members, 4 shields and 45% evasion. my weapons were an ion weapon, a beam and a hull laser plus anti-ship drone.

my general strategy is to have level 2 shields before sector 3, level 3 shields before sector 5 and level 4 by sector 7. after that I pump everything into engines. from my 2 encounters with the flagship getting high evasion is 100% necessary. he has so many weapons and phase 3 can be complete bullshit if you don't. spending 20 scrap for the upgraded doors is pretty useful as well.

i guess now i'm gonna try to unlock all the ships. almost had the slug ship but i read the directions wrong and missed my chance

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 03:05

Welp, finally beat the rebel flagship on easy. Did it with type B of the Kestrel Runner. Kicked its ass with a burst laser and two nasty missile launchers.

It was mostly luck, I picked up nearly 2,000 scrap that run because of running into two scrap arm collectors and selling a bunch of superfluous weapons. Everything was essentially upgraded to max and I just trashed the thing.

Missiles really are OP. Other than the problem of finding ammunition, they have no downside. They go right through shields, start fires, pierce hull and destroy subsystems.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sun Nov 18, 2012 05:45

missiles are great as a compliment to some weapon setups, but in general i find them to be pretty average. their limited quantity, often times high power usage and ability to be shot down by defense drones make them unfavorable for me.

personally i'd take a set of lasers or an ion/laser combo over a missile/laser combo any day. pegasus is very good though so i'll give ya that

also i think ion blast 2 is wayyyy more overpowered

Achilles
Spider Mastermind

Post by Achilles » Sun Nov 18, 2012 09:11

Yeah that combo with the Torus lets you steam role through the first few sectors.
Fasbook
Achilles wrote: You were always a cartoonist Ransom... unrealistic.