Whatcha playing?

video games are fart
Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Re: Whatcha playing?

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat May 26, 2018 23:19

Syringe, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Sun Jun 10, 2018 20:19

bruh that new from software game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPknmiLxGo

G I M M E

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 04:41

Sekiroooooo

Looks pretty neat. But I'm a little bummed about From's full transition into generic hard action games. That's not really their strength in my opinion.

But still, that verticality and instant resurrection seem pretty sweet.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sat Sep 15, 2018 17:14

i've basically followed nothing since i posted that so idk what to expect beyond the trailer. i hope it's not a 2hard4u shitfest but given their track record it'll probably be good. even ds2 was still a solid game.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 04:39

It's definitely more difficult than previously titles but I don't think it's stupidly difficult. It seems very streamlined such that dying isn't as severely punished. It's much more of a stealth game though, it's like they replace Tenchu with some souls mechanics.

I'm lukewarm excited for it. It looks really solid, but a fantasy style feudal Japan isn't that appealing of a setting to me. Hopefully the story makes up for it.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 04:15

So I still play way too much Warhammer. But this is the new DLC and I feel justified on this basis.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Oct 05, 2018 21:41

Interesting new faction there, I'm not familiar with a zombie pirate race in Warhammer but hey, looks cool. I still want to get this game at some point, I've been watching replays of people playing it and it looks like a lot of fun but I'm not sure how well it would run on my laptop.

I tried getting back into Hearthstone (after an 8 month break) and I've pretty much given up on it, too much of a money sink even at lower rank now. I couldn't even imagine how a new player would even want to bother since they have this RAF deal going on (signs of a dying fanbase). I went from rank 10 all the way down to 18 and the quality of cards in lower tier decks is insane now. I had a really good Paladin deck but it's not standard anymore, and like an idiot, I disenchanted all my older cards to make it playable in the current meta and now I hate my deck. Should've just kept it the way it was and stuck to wild mode, at least I could still have fun with the game.

So, I downloaded MTG Arena and will be checking it out tonight, sn is Fourlok0#07049. Heard really good things and a lot of people that I used to play Hearthstone with switched over so I'm hoping it works out. I miss playing Magic but I don't know anyone that plays, I still have 5 physical decks collecting dust on my desk.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sat Oct 06, 2018 01:31

MTG: Arena is sweet. i had a closed beta invite months ago and played it a bit. it's nice to finally have an actual (near) Hearthstone quality version of MTG. I just can't get back into it like i once was. I was massively addicted 4 or so years ago, but once i quit i've just never found the same passion for it again.

you gonna play classic WoW ydte? i'ma be all over that

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sat Oct 06, 2018 02:36

I've been off and on with Magic most of my life so I hear ya, I like Hearthstone and MTG Arena's style since you can hop on, play for an hour, then hop off and it's satisfying enough. I like having the actual cards and playing that way but so far this is an engaging method to learning and playing the game at a brisk pace instead of going over all the rules constantly.

As for classic WoW, part of me wants to, but the other part knows I'll never fully devote myself to it. I rarely game like at all, and when I do, I like the quick match setup like these online TCGs offer. I just can't imagine myself sitting down and playing WoW all day like I used to. Had some great times though but I don't think I'll be taking that journey down memory lane.

-edit-

I found a card shop that was willing to buy all my decks, traded them in for $120 cash. I was almost going to take their offer for $240 in store credit and build a new standard deck but I passed on it. Ironically enough, I ran into an old buddy at the shop teaching new players how to play the game and that was really cool. We used to be friendly rivals back when we were teens, at most of the DCI tournaments where I was at in AZ it generally came down to me and him in the final/semi-final match and I could never beat his blue/white control decks. He really knows his shit and urged me to keep playing, even showed me a couple decks he's using and they look fun to play but I'm done with it all I think. He wrote down a couple standard competitive deck lists for roughly $100 each and I might consider them if I ever change my mind since he knows my playstyle. We'll see, for now I'm going to stick to Arena though. Just thought that was really random but kind of cool in a way, good times.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed Oct 10, 2018 02:51

I'm digging MTG Arena so far, running a Mono-Blue Tempo deck and having a blast. I think I'll stick with this version of the game since it's fun and easy to play. I think I'll get the welcoming bundle for $5 and that's it, I like the wildcard system since you can build a decent deck right off the bat. I have 56/60 cards that I want for my deck already and I've only been playing for a week so there's a lot of potential for future deckbuilding. I think my next one will be a Green/Red Aggro deck since that's always fun to play. I've been debating whether or not I should get back into the paper version of the game and idk, I found some places that have a strong community and it looks like a lot of fun but it's not the cheapest hobby to have if you want an actual competitive deck and that's the only way I tend to roll. For now, sticking with Arena as my go-to.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed Oct 17, 2018 09:48

I finished my Mono-Blue Tempo deck, I've been on a hot winning streak now, almost at Silver. Finally unlocked all the starting decks and I'm debating on where I want to go next. I have 3 Mythic, 4 Rare, 4 Uncommon and 2 Common wildcards left so I've been looking around at the Standard meta to decide what route I want to go. I only seem to have trouble with Dimir control decks and I've gotten a lot of those popular rares from my boosters so that might be what I make. As for the paper version for the game, did a lot of thinking on it. I don't think I'll ever bother with Standard again, it's just way too expensive of a hobby to keep up with. I dug up some old decklists from the Ice Age block and I can rebuild those for $30 - $60 each and they're fun to play. The Exodus block is where they start getting super expensive so I'll just stick to the super old school cards like when I first started playing for nostalgia's sake. Otherwise, I'm done with Hearthstone, I'll keep Borderlands 2 around, I have the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for Dawn of War which is amusing from time to time and that's about it.