Whatcha playing?

video games are fart
Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Re: Whatcha playing?

Post by Quack » Wed Apr 11, 2018 14:34

https://youtu.be/Xv-Pd_NH5tQ
ESO: Clockwork City, freeing Sotha Sil featuring Divayth Fyr and Nocturnal. I made dis

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Sun Apr 15, 2018 20:12

d2 tomorrow (4/16) saladin? like start sometime between 7-8pm PST?

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 06:12

Hey, when are we planning to play again?
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Thu Apr 26, 2018 17:19

sadly doesn't seem like this is gonna work. i've been trying to schedule a day but my buddy just landed a new job, syringe is doing lyft during those hours and then i have my own obligations as well. seems like there's always a schedule conflict every time i'm setting up a date. i don't really see us getting anything regular going. sorry man.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 20:27

Adult lyfe

Ok, that's a bummer. Let me know if anything changes.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Apr 27, 2018 04:19

Playing Star Trek Online again, getting ready for the new expansion.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Apr 27, 2018 17:25

Went on a little gaming spree since I'm stuck in Act II of my current screenplay project and none of the films I want to see have leaked online yet.

Revisited Skyrim with some ENB mods (highly recommend checking these out if you game on PC) and it was a comfy if flawed experience. I looked at all the hours I put into my three characters and wow, what a time sink. After Morrowind, I didn't really like Oblivion much in retrospect and Skyrim has its own set of baggage, like holy shit the main story is awful, combat system is still broken, everything is made so much easier eliminating any semblance of strategy. I mainly just explored around instead of really playing the game with my own set of RPG playstyles since you really can make one character and be a master at everything if you want which is lame. I'll keep it installed since it’s just one I like to relax and walk around in and the mods make it gorgeous to look at.

Beat Fallout New Vegas on Very Hard/Hardcore with a couple different builds, and like Skyrim, ENB mods really help out in the overall presentation. It's basically playing New Vegas with Fallout 4 graphics yet maintaining the core gameplay mechanics. Absolutely love this game and looking forward to a huge mod project (Fallout: New California) that has a separate story/factions so that should be interesting (prequel leading up to the NCR's arrival into Nevada).

My steam with Hearthstone finally ran out, I have a couple decent decks, but it really is a pay to win scenario and just isn't very fun anymore once you get higher ranked (10+). You basically play against the same two deck builds over and over and over and the outcome is only determined by how well the enemy player knows the deck. I still like to dive into the single player dungeon runs since you get access to all the cards but that gets old after a while. I'll keep it installed for future updates but kinda burnt out. I honestly have no fucking clue how streamers can do it.

I attempted to play Final Fantasy X-2 for the second time, I just can't do it. I put in five hours and am at 25% completion, but I just can't play this game, it's so fucking cringy. I could look past some of the cringe moments in FFX since at least there is a decent story but X-2 is like some sort of parody of the previous game. I can't take it seriously. I might try to pick it up again at some point since the remaster looks incredible but idk. The only minor interest I have left for the game is the endgame bosses, but I'd rather download someone else's save file than grind to get to that point, unfortunately there aren't any available atm. Probably just going to uninstall and check for a decent save file to download to give it a, uh, third go.

-edit- found an endgame save finally, this is perfect. just going to try and beat all the final boss challenges and then fuck this game. random side note, went back to my old ff9 save and did all the ridiculous prereqs for the Ozma fight, thank God for YouTube. All these years later, going to finally try and beat that son of a bitch once and for all.

I reinstalled Borderlands 2 and forgot how fun it is, I'm pretty much decked out with 5/6 of my characters so there's little room to improve, all that's left is beating the DLC campaigns on Overpower 8 which is fine and all but I only plan on doing it with one of my characters since there's no point doing it 5 times. With that being said, I'm ALWAYS down to hop in and play it with other people in case any of you have it on Steam. It's one of those cases where I don't mind helping people out since the story campaign is pretty fun to play through over and over, I'll keep it installed.

I officially gave up on League of Legends, the game is just nothing like it used to be and is plain awful in its current state. Carries don't exist anymore; every match revolves around 4 tanks and a healer fighting 4 tanks and a healer and whoever wins the clusterfuck of a team fight late game wins the match despite how well you did in lane/jung/objectives. Uninstalled and will probably never play again, I put in so much time into that game and felt like it was all for nothing. Just a giant middle finger from Riot and wasted money on flashy skins. I might get back into Dota 2 but I'm also kind of burnt out with MOBAs over the years.

So, was an interesting time revisiting all these games. Now that the dust is settled I'm just not much of a gamer anymore I suppose which sucks but I guess that's part of getting older. Whenever the next big thing comes out I generally just watch people on Twitch play them and my only interests on Steam seem to be cheap classic games. I do have the urge to get sucked into a long RPG every once in a while but after looking at all the hours I put into them on Steam I'm like do I really want to go through this again?
Last edited by youdiedtooeasily on Sat Apr 28, 2018 01:33, edited 1 time in total.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Fri Apr 27, 2018 17:40

yeah i feel you ydte. i'm not as much of a gamer as i used to be either. occasionally there's an excellent title that i absolutely love (e.g. Celeste this year) but unless the game really grips me i end up dropping it quick. the only new title i'm looking forward to is Monster Hunter World on PC. i guess WoW Classic sorta counts too.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 02:53

Playing games as you get older is fucking hard, because it's not nearly as novel and it's just way more tedious and time consuming.

Other than smash, I've been playing a lot of Total Warhammer. It's great, albeit pretty flawed.

I'm probably more of a gamer now than I ever was. But I have almost no time to commit to any of the games I care about.

If you like TES ydte, have you tried any of the Soulsborne series? I think they're a significant step up if you're interested in that kind of genre.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sat Apr 28, 2018 07:05

If I do sit down and play a game these days I do a complete 100% run, it's the only way I can justify the investment of time/money.

I would be playing Total Warhammer but I doubt my rig could run it very well, I already have issues with TW Rome as it is. I'm waiting for a Steam holiday sale on that one down the line though since that game does admittedly look amazing and I love that whole setting/universe.

WoW classic sounds nice, if it's free by some miracle I might go back down memory lane for that.

I'm familiar with the Soulsborne series but never got around to them, this is the first time I've regularly played vidya in like 2 years apart from the random LoL match here and there. My brother used to own all of them on Playstation and he broke five controllers at their expense so I'm a bit wary haha. I've already lost a couple mice due to Black Ops rage. Some of the fights I've seen are gorgeous though! The whole gimmick in trying to figure out the underlying meaning of the games intrigues me as well since I love when that happens in film with director commentaries.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 07:25

Unfortunately, the best of them, Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, are PS exclusive. But Dark Souls is pretty good, and it's PC compatible. I'd recommend them in order if it goes on sale.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sun Apr 29, 2018 00:40

i don't see Classic being free, but i'll still gladly play it. i did a private server (which have gotten really fucking good) a few months ago and i loved it.

souls games sound right up your alley, especially if you're jaded with gaming. it's the best modern series and even the weakest entry (Dark Souls 2) is still a solid game.

Syringe
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: OHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Syringe » Tue May 15, 2018 04:15

you dweebs still fuckin use this site?

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue May 15, 2018 16:49

Barely.