Whatcha playing?

video games are fart
burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Re: Whatcha playing?

Post by burnfire88 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:28

What about RABBIT LEG are you even challengeraraereere breh?
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

Lord Nelson Derp
Consoles: Xbox 4

Post by Lord Nelson Derp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 07:30

Fallout 4 and Crab Nicholson: Extreme Sleepover
HMAS Snapping Duckshit

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Tue May 17, 2016 15:19

anyone played the new DOOM? it's fucking awesome. i hope there's an arena shooter revival someday because i miss 'em so much.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Tue May 17, 2016 16:56

I watched Jim Sterling play it for a bit and it seemed stylish but repetitive. Does it mix it up later on?

It actually kind of looks like it took design inspiration from the Brutal Doom mods too.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Tue May 17, 2016 20:45

i'm only about 2 hours in so i have no idea, but i'd imagine it doesn't change all that much. they've been feeding me upgrades and new guns at the right pace which keeps the gameplay fun. it's fast as hell, the guns feel amazing and it's hilariously brutal. i don't have anything to complain about so far other than it's shallow, but it's a DOOM game so that comes with the territory. i'm just here to kill demons.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed May 18, 2016 23:42

Final Fantasy X and X-2 got an HD makeover and released on Steam a few days ago.

I ended up buying it and gonna play through them for nostalgia reasons.

random thought I had last night:

why hasn't there been a new No One Lives Forever game? those were great!

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Thu May 19, 2016 00:34

lemme know how the port is i've never gotten all the way thru ff10 and i'd love to revisit it

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Thu May 19, 2016 16:36

NOLF just never sold that well, so the IP kinda died. People probably moved on.

I quit FFX after the fake laughing scene and had no desire to play it again after that.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu May 19, 2016 23:25

just did that part, I know, it definitely does have some cringe moments but I love the combat system so I keep playing. I miss these turn/party based rpgs.

it's a great port actually! really digging reliving the experience. the only negative things I've noticed is sometimes, depending on the environment, there are some fps drops but if you lower the HDR/bloom settings the problem goes away. every once in a while the CGI cut scenes will glitch out. that's about it, been playing for 8 hours so far.

the revamp is really well done, the graphics are incredible. I'll finally beat this game once and for all lol! I was in the same boat as you KoB, never finished this game years ago when I had it.

oh, one last thing, I'd highly recommend playing with a controller, keyboard is a nightmare unless you bind your own keys or something.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Fri May 20, 2016 03:32

sounds cool man. what is X-2 btw?

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri May 20, 2016 05:45

X-2 is like an expansion to FFX, never played it tbh.

all I know is you acquire gear from gathering new "dresses", it's a trio of a female cast leading the way and the particular dress you wear determines the outcome. sounds stupid as fuck but I want to test it out. so far, I'm really enjoying FFX again. as for X-2, I'll get to it once I finally beat FFX.

the whole dress thing just sounded stupid but I can see it having tactical advantages if deployed correctly.

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:03

X-2 was much better than X in my opinion, but it HAS been like 12 years since I played em!
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed May 25, 2016 16:38

just beat FFX, awesome game minus some cringe moments between Tidus and Yuna. I really liked the story although the pacing was a bit off at times. the ending was amazing. our heroes succeed but at great cost.

I forgot what it's like to play a long singleplayer game, damn. it took me 46 hours to beat the game. I prefer games like that honestly, since the payoff was worth it. that's kind of why I stopped gaming. paying $60 for a 5 hour game isn't worth it to me anymore, and the multiplayer facet isn't as appealing to me. I spent $20 and got two games that'll probably take 100 hours to finish both.

I was able to kill Omega Weapon and that is one of the most satisfying moments in these kind of games. the Dark Aeon thing is a bit ridiculous since you have to have like every stat maxed to even stand a chance. I was able to kill one of them by paying Yojimbo a shitload of money but I don't think I'll spend another 40 hours farming just to fight them. I might check out some side quests but I feel like I'm well equipped enough to handle anything so I don't see it as necessary.

gonna try out X-2 today and see how it goes. I messed around for the first hour or so without saving just to get a glimpse and idk man, the combat system makes no sense. I'll give it a fair shot though.

-edit-

oh shit, just noticed FF9 is on Steam now, I'm probably going to play this one instead of X-2 for the time being. I thought 9 was great but I don't remember a lot of it so might go back down memory lane again!

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri May 27, 2016 06:14

well, since I'm such a dangerous edgelord apparently, let's talk Final Fantasy.

how I feel, FF9 > FF7

discuss.

(mods, feel free to separate this into a new thread if enough attention is brought upon said subject).

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Fri May 27, 2016 07:02

i like 7 more and i don't even know why. 9 is great but 7 to me is just a tad bit better. i think it's the tone and also i played 7 more and the whole cloud twist was a complete shock to me as a kid. nostalgia basically.