GOTY 2015

video games are fart
kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

GOTY 2015

Post by kob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 19:12

apparently I did this last year so let's do it again! what's your GOTY for 2015?

for me its probably gotta be Rocket League. I have 150 hours in that game and I'm just as excited to play it today as I was on release. the premise of rocket-powered cars playing soccer seems so simple, but the skill ceiling is absolutely absurd. and unlike similar high skill games, it's fun at all levels of play. incredibly addicting, too. what a great game.

my first runner up is Bloodborne. i've sung its praises a million times so yeah. my second runner up is Ori and the Blind Forest. when they first announced this game it looked like another artsy platformer, but turned out to be just the opposite. it's mechanically near-flawless with a perfect difficulty curve and a great aesthetic to boot.

honorable mention goes to The Witcher 3. i'm far from finishing it (and that probably won't anytime soon), but what i did play i enjoyed a lot, especially for a franchise i didn't like prior. also it might not really count, but Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin impressed me a lot. well, the DLC, anyway. all 3 of the DLCs I enjoyed immensely.

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Re: GOTY 2015

Post by Gordon Frohman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 19:43

No Bloodborne? I'm shocked.

For me, it's really tough.

Dying Light, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne were all so good. I can't pick just one.

Though, for strictly the amount of time I'd get out of it through mods, it's have to be Fallout 4. In terms of just overall best, probs W3.

But each one is just fantastic. Asking to pick just one is cruelty.
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 19:48

you know, i actually completely forgot bloodborne came out in 2015. it feels so long ago. fixed. it's my 2nd favorite this year. i might even say it's my favorite, but the fact i have 150 hours in a $20 title from a nobody developer and play it almost daily makes it hard to argue otherwise.

also 2015 has been a really good year for games, especially after last year. a lot of people are saying this year will go down as one of the best in gaming history. while i can't say i'm as enthusiastic about all the titles causing people to feel that way (sans Bloodborne), i can certainly see it. The Witcher 3 alone is probably going to be a landmark title in gaming down the road.

Lord Rameon
Lost Soul
Consoles: Xbox 360, Xbox 1, Wii

Post by Lord Rameon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 22:02

By hours played? Civ 5 by far

Otherwise Fallout 4 has consumed my life since I got it

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Jan 17, 2016 00:21

World of Warcraft
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 06:40

Super Mario Bros 2
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 18:25

By hours played it's definitely Smash 4.

By what I consider the best? Probably either Bloodborne or Undertale.

It actually wasn't that great of a year for games. All of my favorite games this year either came out before 2015, were rereleased, or were pretty disappointing in some major way (MGS V, Fallout 4, etc.)

I'm hoping this year will be better.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Mon Jan 18, 2016 18:58

yeah i can see why you'd feel that way. i can't stand Bethesda developed titles anymore and i've never been an MGS fan so most of the big name releases this year lived up to the hype. i see a lot of people saying Undertale will be another landmark title that solidifies 2015 as one of the best, but i've yet to play it still. the fact no one can explain why it's so good is both the reason i want to play it and don't want to play it.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 19:25

Yeah, I get that. I was reluctant too.

It's a testament to how dry last year was that Undertale was pretty much my favorite. It's a fantastic little game but I really didn't *want* it to be my GOTY.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate