TellTale's TWD season 3 coming soon

video games are fart
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

TellTale's TWD season 3 coming soon

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sat Apr 30, 2016 17:22

As the in-house TTG person I'm pretty stoked for this but I am a little worried of the writing quality after their last few game releases. Seems like they started off great but then were poorly rushed to finish so they better take their time with this entry!

Apparently Season 3 will be set in the same timeline as the show and Clem will be much older. She'll apparently run into the cast of the show at certain points and tie into the graphic novels somehow so I'm pretty intrigued by that aspect.

I hope they go more of Season 1s tone since 2 was fine and all but seemed like a "Hollywood" retread in some cases. Either way, I love Clementine and I'm looking forward to see her character journey progress. I swear to fucking god if they kill her off I'm going to lose my shit. Man tears activation for days.

Still haven't heard anything about a second season to Wolf though, which is what I'm more interested in.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: TellTale's TWD season 3 coming soon

Post by Saladin » Sun May 01, 2016 03:37

I'd be down for more wolf too. Seems like telltale is in a bit of a rut these days though.

I actually really liked season 2, although it was really different from 1. I'm sort of sad to hear it's going to tie in with the main story line. It makes things more predictable and less open ended.

Still, it's been a great series. I'm sure it'll be good.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Re: TellTale's TWD season 3 coming soon

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun May 01, 2016 05:32

I thought Season 1 was 10/10 storytelling, yet it had too many puzzles that were unnecessary. but fuck man, that ending. I literally almost cried.

Season 2 was good but some of the big deaths didn't have the same impact to me personally so I felt like they were trying to bank off of Lee's ending scene and water it down a few times is all. It definitely introduced some interesting characters though, Jane really surprised me. I still enjoyed it but some of the big moments felt a little forced is all, like the ending shootout in Ep. 4 I was like uhh.. and then only one person died. that's a little sleazy.

yeah, I agree with the tie in to the show. I think it'll just be small cameos but I can see them totally ruining the excitement for certain moments for those who have read the novels/seen the show. we'll see. it's supposed to release in July if I'm not mistaken. I haven't played the Michonne standalone game yet but don't plan on it after the bitter taste in my mouth after GoT and the ending to TotB.

I honestly just want to see more Clem, she is one of my favorite characters in any game/film.