E3 2016

video games are fart
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

E3 2016

Post by Saladin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 19:09

Figured we might as well talk about it. Anyone have anything that piqued their interest so far?

The new open world Zelda looks really good and really different. It has crafting and survival elements and "non-dungeon" physics tools, ie your tools actually serve a functional purpose beyond opening doors. It looks really fun.

Resident Evil 7 is perhaps the worst name to give to what looks to be a brand new idea, possibly even a reboot of the series, in VR. Looks pretty freaky too.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Re: E3 2016

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jun 14, 2016 19:47

I liked the South Park: Fractured but Whole trailer and the Walking Dead Season 3 announcement.

haven't payed much attention to anything else really.

Zelda looked interesting.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Tue Jun 14, 2016 21:33

probably the least interesting E3 in recent memory for me. Dishonored 2 was the only one i was really into. there were some interesting titles, but nothing i walked away from being hyped like last year. that said i'm impressed by the amount of games being shown, especially Sony's conference. that was refreshing.

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Post by Gordon Frohman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 20:38

I actually read that RE7 demo is not indicative of the real game. Apparently the demo is nothing like what RE7 will be like. Dunno how true that is but there you go.

God of War looked really sick. There were some surprisingly emotional moments to it, like the boy killing the buck and when Kratos is about to kill the troll it screams in pain, "Wait!" I thought that was interesting.

Very disappointed no Last of Us 2, get the fuck on it Naughty Dog.

Days Gone looked pretty cool, but then I'm a sucker for anything survival/apocalyptic soooooooo

Some of MS' games like the pirate one and State of Decay 2 were pretty neat but overall I have to agree with KoB, although the face that it was purely games on each side is such an improvement over past E3's where it was just MOTION CONTROL SMARTGLASS TV IN YOUR LIVING ROOM NOW YOU CAN PLAY ANYWHERE ANYTIME USING YOUR IPAD type shit.\

Also Horizon Zero Dawn looks pretty neat.
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 22:40

Considering how many changes were made to RE4 before it was released, that's very likely. They want to get this one right and they're probably not entirely sure yet what they want the final product to be like.

I don't care about God of War as a game or a series, so them attempting to mix things up holds no interest for me. The only game of that genre I even find remotely interesting is Bayonetta.

Didn't see Days Gone or the rest, but no one seemed that hyped by them.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is another game that seems interesting with a bafflingly awful title. I'm amazed they're still calling it that. It's way too long, and despite having six syllables and a subtitle, not only does it not tell you anything about the game, I actively can't reconcile what the fuck the title has to do with anything.

Sorry for the mini rant, but it's just so amazingly bad. It's like they focus tested a title first and made the game later.

I mean, how the fuck could you make a bright, colorful, post apocalyptic game with an interesting female protagonist hunting massive robot dinosaurs sound *boring*? I didn't think it was possible.

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 03:12

Zelda looks fun.
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sat Jun 18, 2016 22:03

haha yeah horizon zero dawn is a pretty shit title. if i hadn't seen the game i'd have no idea what the fuck it was about. and yeah zelda looks pretty cool too. funnily enough i've never actually played a zelda game. oops?

oh one game i forgot is Yooka-Laylee, the new game from the Banjo-Kazooie dudes. a gameplay trailer got released a few days before E3 and it looked really fun (it's coming to steam too!) i've missed those 3D platformers of the late 90s/early 2000s so much.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sun Jun 19, 2016 16:34

Surprisingly, there basically isn't a bad Zelda game. Some are a lot more tedious or overly easy than others. But save the CDI knockoff monstrosities, any Zelda you play, from NES to present, is at least competent and enjoyable. That's a pretty impressive feat for a series that's run this long.

The new one is so radically different though, it's barely the same game. Which is good, after Skyward Sword, the series had basically reached a dead end with its current formula.

I'm not too hyped for Yooka-Laylee. It's cute, and I'm happy Banjo fans got something they wanted, but it's not something I find holds my attention. Like, I love DK64, kinda the poor man's BK, but I don't think I could ever go back and play it. I beat Conker's on an emulator a while back and now I'm kinda done with the genre.

I don't know if it debuted at E3, but We Happy Few actually looks really cool. I'm interested in that, assuming it's not just another combat focused game with an interesting setting.

Also, I can't believe we haven't talked about Death Stranding yet. God knows what Kojima was actually able to salvage from Konami's death grip on Silent Hills, but just the possibility that the game is getting made, and has the freedom of being a new IP, is really exciting.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sun Jun 19, 2016 17:53

what's Death Stranding about? i think i was afk when they announced it. is it supposed to be a horror game? because if so then count me in. PT is easily the scariest horror game i've ever played and probably edges out most movies.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Mon Jun 20, 2016 03:51

No one knows, but it looks to be the spiritual successor to Silent Hills/PT. That's good enough for me.

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:00

Mike if you've never played a Zelda game, Link to the Past is by far my favorite. I would also recommend Minish Cap, and the Ages/Seasons games! Wind Waker is also top tier. You can emulate them all currently, I'm sure WW would run decently nowadays.
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it