EVO 2016

video games are fart
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

EVO 2016

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jul 19, 2016 04:47

I have a lot more of an appreciation for Smash players now than I've ever had. That's some entertaining skill. I do hold the Street Fighter niggas close to home, but I now take Smash pretty seriously, since they pull of some amazing skill.

also dat Chris G Marvel comeback, I was in awe. I can't wait for the day where EVO becomes a boxing TV special event. I'd totally go to a bar to watch these fights instead of the cucked UFC rigged bullshit.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: EVO 2016

Post by Saladin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 17:22

Glad you feel that way. It's really hard to get people to take you seriously when you play smash.

I actually went this year to compete in Melee and Smash 4. The tournament itself was great but the management was a shit show for a variety of reasons.

I laughed out loud when they were trying to interview people on stage and the audio was like they were underwater. Completely inaudible. That kind of baffling fuck up was common across all events but smash 4 in particular was shat on really hard.

The Marvel grand finals were great. Chris G was phenomenal and Wong's almost solo comeback with Akuma was nuts. I didn't care much for Marvel before but I'll definitely be watching it in the future.

Smash 4 was pretty good but was soured by outside fuck ups and other events. Still, a Megaman getting second place? This game gets weirder and weirder all the time.

Melee is actually way more interesting before top 8, the battle of the gods tends to be fairly routine. But it ended up being so close between hbox and Armada that it was definitely a nail biter.

Street Fighter V was surprisingly dull. It's not a very interesting game in its current state. I'd prefer them to bring back IV or 3rd strike if it's just gonna be Nash and gimmicks the whole time.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jul 19, 2016 17:42

Who do you play as in the Smash games? just wondering (also any chance your fights got recorded so we can watch?). I used to be pretty good way back in the day but people weren't into videogames as much when I was younger. In SSB was a good Yoshi/Capt. Falcon and Melee I played Falco or Marth.

Yeah Wong's Akuma is freakin godlike, he's done so many ridiculous last minute solo combos with him in the past. I love watching the Marvel giants go head to head and I'm glad you're taking an appreciation for it as well.

I just have nostalgia feels for the SF series since it's been a huge part of my life. I thought 4 was a perfect fighting game as far as balance, I haven't tried V yet. SF is the most boring to watch from an outsider perspective but the amount of skill really shows if you've played them religiously like I have.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 00:38

I played Kirby in 64, Ganondorf in Melee, ZSS in Brawl, Bowser in PM and Ryu/Rosalina and Luma in Smash 4. Although I play lots of other characters for fun too.

None of my fights were recorded sadly and the ones that were in the past I'm too ashamed to show. I don't play well under stream pressure. But I'm ok at smash 4 and mediocre at Melee. Working on getting better at both.

I dunno if I'll ever play Marvel because it's so fucking goofy but it's damn entertaining to watch and appreciate as a spectator.

SFV is...weird. I'm not well versed enough in the series to explain why but, it just feels off. IV is crazy but it's also insanely technical and complicated. I like to play Ryu and Cammy but I'm hot garbage with both.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate