Really Good Idea

'Improve' the 'community'!
worm82075

Really Good Idea

Post by worm82075 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 22:23

I have an idea for an Elder Scrolls site, where you could go to place a classified ad and you wouldn't have to be a member to post it. Ads like, work wanted, modder wanted, model wanted etc,etc... Or you could just place your resume there and see who bites.

Also it could have a very extensive list of links to everywhere in the community. And up to date statistics on all those sites, like how many mods they host, the current poll, the latest news headline, how many members they have, how many posts they have etc,etc...

Oh, yeah and a top 5 list ranking all the sites by their different statistics.

I think it would be cool if someone made a site like that.

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Re: Really Good Idea

Post by Aliens » Tue Feb 19, 2008 22:27

What?

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 22:51

turn off your computer. Go outside. Breath in the Fresh air.

This is living.

worm82075

Post by worm82075 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 22:56

Was I not clear in my description or is this the wrong place to post?

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 23:20

Sorry, you've just come to a forum in its declining days. Ragnarok is imminent.

Anyway, it does sound decent. The only problem is getting people to believe that it's legitimate. I almost never click on ads because there's almost no reason you ever should. Also, I would say the Oblivion modding forum is a much better place to do that. Not very many people visit it anymore though. If it was up on the main site, it would work better as a flashing bulletin board. Similar to an entirely separate forum but not quite. Bottom line though, most mods that need help are already doomed. Also, Oblivion is dying down now because it doesn't have as much potential as Morrowind does in a lot of ways. Mods are released to add new content or to fix broken or silly parts of a game, which ironically is why MW had such potential. But Ob doesn't because it's more fun and because the story and atmosphere are a lot less compelling. In my opinion, no more significant mods that haven't already been started are going to come out for Ob.

Though your reasons are compelling, I just can't see this having much if any effect.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Post by Gordon Frohman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 01:35

I have a question Saladin: what do you mean this forum is in its declining days?
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Post by Aliens » Wed Feb 20, 2008 01:52

Gordon Frohman wrote:I have a question Saladin: what do you mean this forum is in its declining days?
mongoose_01 wrote:Portal Forums: Don't bother joining we're basically dead.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 01:53

Most of the things that drew people to this forum early on have all long since died out. Doom 3 and Oblivion are old news. The service this site use to serve is not longer that useful. Also, the general attitude here is exclusive and unfriendly. And though we've never been the center for really intelligent thought, there is a general sense of disrespect towards intelligence and serious threads in this forum now imo. Most discussion isn't too different to what you'd see on an MSN convo. And a lot of the older or cooler members are slowly drifting away (and unlike before, have no real compelling reason to come back). Also a lot of us are getting older and our lives are changing a lot, especially for older members who are all out of or just got into college or are busy with jobs and have difficulty finding time to get on. Plus Paul basically resigned a while ago from admin duties and chapstick is gone probably forever.

Not all of it's bad, some things about the new PF are pretty cool. But unless we get another admin and start up a Spore Portal, our site will eventually fall into disrepair or our numbers will slowly dwindle.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Wed Feb 20, 2008 04:32

I guess I'll be the new Admin.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Wed Feb 20, 2008 15:34

It would be a complete turn around if the most banned, most notorious member in PortalForums history became the Administrator. Hell I'd vote for you. As long as bad zim gets to be mod! Also we should have a section titled "The Frohman Files".. I don't know why it just seems like it would come to use.

May I add that out of all the new people who have joined since we got that Introductions section, about half were already members, and I think 2 people actually stayed. Now talk about progression!!
KnightofBane wrote:Impostorzim:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.
Yeeaah... That pretty much sums it up.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 19:19

Well seeing as we're so hostile to new members, PF doesn't strike me as the friendliest of forums...
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Wed Feb 20, 2008 19:56

My first act as Admin is to change Frohman's gender to female.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Thu Feb 21, 2008 04:07

Why not make Smith admin?

I'm being serious about this, we basically don't have an admin right now and Smith is always on PF. Since PF is turning into a spammy piece of shit anyway, who would be better for the admin job than Smith? I mean, really, he is a spammy piece of shit.
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 04:46

Or there's the option of, you know, not making PF a spammy piece of shit. Or at least not a piece of shit.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Thu Feb 21, 2008 06:06

Well if I was made Admin I wouldn't fuck it up, I want to prove to Paul and Ransom that I'm a good guy, and I'd make a Spore portal a a WoW portal and get more members on the forums, and I wouldn't ban anyone, I'd leave that up to the mods.