23%
Alternative
15%

Total votes: 13

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Re: GTA Discussion

Post by OBrocks » Mon Mar 31, 2008 23:45

Gordon Frohman wrote:I agree, that was dumb. There should be a Halo and GTA forum, and Mass Effect forum, and a System and BioShock forum, and Star Wars forum.
Uh, no.

That's why we have a Gaming in General forum. If we made a forum for every big game that came out, it would be a waste of space and the gaming forum would be useless.
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 23:53

Saladin wrote:Yeah but so is CoD4, and MGS4
haha not on the same scale GTA is.
The Spore forum is kind of silly, but it's meant to be a realm of discussion for people who visit the Spore portal. I admit it's doing piss poorly, but that's the idea behind it. Besides, if we were going to axe forums based on inactivity, we'd lose about half the forum.
well yeah, but like you said it's doing poor and its existence is a waste

also i'm all for removing all the inactive forums then.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 00:03

Spore forum was for Cat.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Darth Urra
Spider Mastermind

Post by Darth Urra » Tue Apr 01, 2008 00:34

I vote on a GTA4 Sticky to be put in the Gaming Section...and that's about it...

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Post by Gordon Frohman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 00:43

Stabbeh wrote:.
System and Bioshock would be kinda fail though.
FUCKING FAIL
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Tue Apr 01, 2008 01:16

Damn torn in two..

A sticky would do the job as it will be a big game (both in content and success), with multiplayer etc.

Though saying that, you may aswell sticky every game which you presume will be a success and then we get a big mess.

So yeah..

?

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Post by Aliens » Tue Apr 01, 2008 02:49

Saladin and the other opposers dont like the idea because San Andreas has blacks!
And they are racist!
Racist!

Scythe
Arch-Vile
Consoles: PC, Wii U, New 3DS, 3DS, DS, GBA, GBC, Wii, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS3, PS2, PS1

Post by Scythe » Tue Apr 01, 2008 04:29

Damn torn in two..

A sticky would do the job as it will be a big game (both in content and success), with multiplayer etc.

Though saying that, you may aswell sticky every game which you presume will be a success and then we get a big mess.

So yeah..

?
<33
Ransom wrote:
Mr.Smith wrote:Apple faggot machine.
I imagine this as a little robot that wanders around and collects bundles of sticks and dumps them at your feet
only white, and stylish, and incompatible with most sticks
KnightofBane wrote:i did not touch it other than to put it in my mouth
click this if you're new

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Apr 01, 2008 06:21

I don't really think it needs it's own forum per se, but a sticky or a huge ass thread would suffice.

Yeah the spore forum is useless, WoW forum was a good idea but should have been implemented earlier since no one really plays anymore. I think the SC forum will be popular once SC2 comes out, but yeah even though I like GTA I think it should stay in the gaming section.

Or at least trade the spore forum for a gta one and see how it goes for a month?

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Post by Aliens » Tue Apr 01, 2008 16:06

Spore forum was for Cat.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 16:36

I vote stickies for the big games. Maybe keep the OB forum, that's huge, although it's inactive now. Thing is, I'm not suggesting a GTA forum for US (as in us, not the USA), but for the wealth of people who might join after searching "GTA IV forum lolwut" on google. But as for the other games, just make them stickies.
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Apr 01, 2008 17:54

Uh well when was the last time we heard from Cat? Dont want to sound like a dick but yeah, spore forum.... (where'd she go anyway?)

I still say you give it (gta forum I guess) a trial run at least but I really don't think it's going to go very far, and then everyone else will demand their favorite games as forums too.

Like, uh well a good majority of us here play TF2 yet we don't need a seperate forum, that's why we have the orange box thread. Same can go for GTA when it comes out, you can have a three hundred page thread about the glory of the GTA series haha.

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Wed Apr 02, 2008 00:54

I vote stickies for the big games. Maybe keep the OB forum, that's huge, although it's inactive now. Thing is, I'm not suggesting a GTA forum for US (as in us, not the USA), but for the wealth of people who might join after searching "GTA IV forum lolwut" on google. But as for the other games, just make them stickies.
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 09:34

OB_rocks13 wrote:I vote stickies for the big games. Maybe keep the OB forum, that's huge, although it's inactive now. Thing is, I'm not suggesting a GTA forum for US (as in us, not the USA), but for the wealth of people who might join after searching "GTA IV forum lolwut" on google. But as for the other games, just make them stickies.
Great idea OB! I say we listen to you all the time!

But seriously, I'm only in favour of a GTA forum because of all the other crappy sub-forums. I think that it would be much easier if we just made them stickies, but then:

1. We'd be overflowing with stickies of peoples' favourite games
2. We'd attract no new members with the promise of a forum for discussing GTA
3. There would be nowhere to spam
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Wed Apr 02, 2008 13:41

I'm happy to give it a trial run, although I very much doubt it'll see any kind of serious activity to justify it. It's really up to Paul, of course.

As for the other inactive forums, the main reason they're inactive is because the portal sites are all out of date and aren't bringing in new members, and in the case of Spore and Starcraft 2 the games aren't even out yet so there's not much for the people who are here to talk about.