Serious Stuff (Improving the Forums)

'Improve' the 'community'!
Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Re: Serious Stuff (Improving the Forums)

Post by Gordon Frohman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 21:51

TBT I think if Stabbeh doesn't start posting more, or Achilles, Sally should be a mod again. When him and Ransom were mods everything was fucking gravy.
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Fri Sep 12, 2014 22:20

Saladin wrote:That would be far more manageable, and more closely follows the model that's popular these days. If we could set ourselves up with some exclusive content somehow, we might even attract a lot of people.

I would like to point out though, with absolutely no ill intent, that we are now doing exactly what Urra did. We should keep that in mind moving forward.
this is exactly my point i made about the doom 4 portal. the only way this works is if we have something new to offer, otherwise we're just parroting other sites. there needs to be a reason to visit that isn't reposting news. that's why we need to land, say, a good interview and post it on other sites to drive traffic here

also i don't think we should archive or delete our old posts. it's part of what made this forum what it is. if someone decides to go back and read all the bullshit that used to go on here that's fine if you ask me. i'm not an admin, but whether this forum lives or dies the last thing i'm going to ever support is censoring people (outside of obvious things like racism), past or present.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Sep 12, 2014 22:38

kob wrote:
Saladin wrote:That would be far more manageable, and more closely follows the model that's popular these days. If we could set ourselves up with some exclusive content somehow, we might even attract a lot of people.

I would like to point out though, with absolutely no ill intent, that we are now doing exactly what Urra did. We should keep that in mind moving forward.
this is exactly my point i made about the doom 4 portal. the only way this works is if we have something new to offer, otherwise we're just parroting other sites. there needs to be a reason to visit that isn't reposting news. that's why we need to land, say, a good interview and post it on other sites to drive traffic here

also i don't think we should archive or delete our old posts. it's part of what made this forum what it is. if someone decides to go back and read all the bullshit that used to go on here that's fine if you ask me. i'm not an admin, but whether this forum lives or dies the last thing i'm going to ever support is censoring people (outside of obvious things like racism), past or present.
Well, it looks like we have a lot of work to do.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon

Post by Gordon Frohman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 22:46

Seriously, who gives a shit if someone gets offended by old posts. If they stay, well, think of it as a filter.

Besides, I like reading old posts.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 03:29

deleted my doom 4 post in general since this is a better topic

but for starters if we do decide to we gotta actually take it seriously and work on it. if it's just a half-baked idea then it won't work.

with that said we need a domain. i dunno if doomportal or whatever it used to be is available, but that'd be a good start

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 03:37

kob wrote:deleted my doom 4 post in general since this is a better topic

but for starters if we do decide to we gotta actually take it seriously and work on it. if it's just a half-baked idea then it won't work.

with that said we need a domain. i dunno if doomportal or whatever it used to be is available, but that'd be a good start
Well Saladin is good with computers and shit, maybe he could run the tech part of the site, we get a youtube channel and a twitter and all that shit going. I'm like 80% sure I could get an interview with Garret Wang and 50% sure I could get an interview with Jeri Ryan. I'm 100% sure I can get interviews with the devs for Star Trek: Online and once that happens, other game studios will see we're legit.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 03:41

well gamerportal.com is a no go, but we could get gamersex.com for $1800.00

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 03:49

We kinda also have Gamercast. We could ask Paul if we could expand on that.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 21:38

that'd be cool, but i'm not sure how it'd work unless he just throws up a link on the sidebar to a portal site.

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 05:33

Podcast between some members or something about upcoming games?
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Sep 14, 2014 06:36

burnfire88 wrote:Podcast between some members or something about upcoming games?
Some Let's Plays too. It would be good if we got some good comedy. The shit I had to deal with then I played WoW with Vinny when he was drunk was comedy gold. He would pick fights with alliance, pull elites, make poor choices, lol.

Lord Rameon
Lost Soul
Consoles: Xbox 360, Xbox 1, Wii

Post by Lord Rameon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 16:47

I am totally for trying to bring life back into the pf!

As for ideas- uhhhhhh not really an idea man. I'd rather try whatever idea, no matter how lame or how much some people disagree with it- try it. We are already deader than dead, so what's to lose? You all are an online family and aren't going to just up and ragequit (for more than a few days :P ) so there is nothing truly at stake.

Try all these ideas! If they work, AWESOME. If not, well you guys have some funny ass stories of how you guys epically failed- which might bring in people anyways due to our crazy hi-jinx

"Be men of action. Not just men of ideas."
-prolly said by someone famous

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon

Post by Gordon Frohman » Sun Sep 14, 2014 17:49

I wouldn't at all say deader than dead.

I mean, yeah, we were, for at least a few months this year, but this isn't at all the first time this has happened. We have ebbs and flows.

Lately it seems like more of us care about PF, so we are doing our best to keep it going.

Lord Rameon
Lost Soul
Consoles: Xbox 360, Xbox 1, Wii

Post by Lord Rameon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 18:01

I've never been "regular" enough to know the difference, But i am glad I can come back and still see you guys :)

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Sun Sep 14, 2014 19:39

podcast is a really bad idea.