The Comic Reel

General discussion.
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Re: The Comic Reel

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Aug 12, 2012 06:07

lmfao, nice one.

lold hard at Mikes face, even though he's probably the biggest badass in the show.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Sun Aug 12, 2012 16:00

hahhaaha god damnit

Syringe
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: OHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Syringe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 22:56

burnfire88 wrote:>SHIGGY DIGGY LEL REDDIT GUYS

Fuck you VoN the only thing about it stupid were the rage faces. Hop off.
are you mad that i don't appreciate your lel so randumb humour

sorry

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 03:04

Yep I'm anal frustrated, that's correct.
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Post by Gordon Frohman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 04:31

^

Just block the piece of shit.

Anyway I don't understand why people hate Reddit. I don't go there but /v/ hates it for some reason.
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Mon Aug 13, 2012 16:29

because they beat memes into the ground and every comment turns into a circlejerk of puns or "witty" shit.

i still like reddit, though. there is a lot more interesting content on it. i just go to 4chan to shitpost

Syringe
Spider Mastermind

Post by Syringe » Mon Aug 13, 2012 17:21

because reddit is a content aggregator

the only new material that comes out of it is an endless stream of 'memes' that have been so beaten into the ground that they make me mad more than they make me laugh, and yeah like KoB said the entire community is based on circlejerking

they've taken everything bad about 4chan, everything bad about a normal messageboard, and mashed it together into a big conglomerate of AM I FUNNY YET GUISE?! UPBOATS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

that video is a perfect example of the shit i'm talking about

edit: it isn't about 4chan vs reddit there are more than 2 websites on the internet, I just think reddit is fucking disgusting

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Mon Aug 13, 2012 23:38

i think it is laughable that you find a website as inoffensive as reddit disgusting. also my only contact with the site has been through the original content a community that large is inevitably capable of producing, like that eternal war thing or the various worthwhile AMAs that draw wider attention.

i have not watched that video but you are being absurd.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 23:57

I agree.

And while the quality of reddit or its various subreddits can vary wildly from pretty informative/entertaining to outright crap, it is, at the very least, a more intelligent place than 90% of the rest of the internet.

I know this isn't a 4chan vs. reddit issue, because no one is honestly going to defend 4chan as anything other than a useless shithole, but there really isn't a superior alternative to the kind of service Reddit provides. That doesn't necessarily make it good, but probably easily the best in its class.

If it's bad, it's mainly because the internet itself is bad. And it's honestly too big to be written off as "disgusting." That's like calling youtube "disgusting," there's too much shit on it to justify that, even if it was true most of the time.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 03:08

mm. when you get a community that large it becomes a kind of mini-internet, with all the social peaks and valleys that implies. SA's the same, although the toll bridge seems to keep out the worst of it.

Scythe
Arch-Vile
Consoles: PC, Wii U, New 3DS, 3DS, DS, GBA, GBC, Wii, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS3, PS2, PS1

Post by Scythe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 04:18

<33
Ransom wrote:
Mr.Smith wrote:Apple faggot machine.
I imagine this as a little robot that wanders around and collects bundles of sticks and dumps them at your feet
only white, and stylish, and incompatible with most sticks
KnightofBane wrote:i did not touch it other than to put it in my mouth
click this if you're new

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 04:42

hahhaa

Syringe
Spider Mastermind

Post by Syringe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 18:12

Ransom wrote:i think it is laughable that you find a website as inoffensive as reddit disgusting. also my only contact with the site has been through the original content a community that large is inevitably capable of producing, like that eternal war thing or the various worthwhile AMAs that draw wider attention.

i have not watched that video but you are being absurd.
i don't know. 4chan is fucking huge too but there's still that underlying tone of the entire website. same thing with other similar sites. reddit has the same thing. of course it has good content occasionally. monkeys, typewriters, shakespeare etc

it's not some huge thing that I am shouting from the rooftops or anything, I just don't really like the website. letting users moderate content leads to circlejerking. period.

also re: saladin, 4chan is good for what it is. it serves its purpose, and it's the only place where you are truly judged based on what you post. anonymity has its perks.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 20:15

I'll agree that the general tone of reddit can occasionally irk me. It tends to be flooded with self-entitled, wikipedia experts who have internet educated themselves into functional stupidity. I just got into an argument with someone who pointed out a logical fallacy in a joke.

But whatever merits 4chan has, it has them accidentally. It has, bar none, the worst community on the internet. I would almost rather spend time on a Twilight fan forum.

4chan can be very funny, that's where its pros stop though. The fact you can be properly "judged" based on "merit" is overwhelmed, like a shrub in an avalanche, because no one who goes there ever has anything worth posting. It's comprised entirely of shitheads, trolls, morons and neckbeards.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 20:36

that's a bit of an exaggeration. i won't disagree that there are a lot of trolls and idiots and that some boards are fucking awful (/b/ for example), but even still you're being a little unfair. disregarding that a lot of funny shit comes from 4chan, you can actually have a lot of great discussions. i don't know if your tastes reside in the more 'intelligent' (lol) boards like /sci/, but i have had a lot of great video game, music and sport discussions on /vg/, /mu/ and /sp/ respectively. hell even on /sp/, a board notorious for its shitposting, has good discussions of off-topic shit from time to time. late at night is when the quality drastically improves.

admittedly i go to 4chan mostly for the laughs, but when you're able to weed out the crap it's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be. in all honesty both you and syringe are making 4chan and reddit out to be a lot worse than they actually are. neither of these communities are the worst on the internet: