Hey what's up Dawg? (Generic Chat Thread)

General discussion.
Jon0101
Mancubus

Hey what's up Dawg? (Generic Chat Thread)

Post by Jon0101 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 00:59

Anything going on?

(I finally got around to re-sizing my avatar so that it doesn't look like a jepegged garbage image.)
Hi! I like fun, and I like posting stuff, and I'm a information addict.
Quack wrote:Daylight Savings is a sale

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Re: Hey what's up Dawg? (Generic Chat Thread)

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Oct 29, 2015 05:52

hello, please kill me. no seriously.

anyway, not a huge fan of life at the mo, but I'm getting by. I got back into LoL to try and kickstart a new ranked reign so we'll see how that goes. (ban me once Riot, hah! I'm back you bitches!) otherwise, I hate my fucking hour long commute to work when it used to be only 10 minutes, I'm sick of school, I'm pissed I don't get to write as much as I used to, I hate my apt complex, I want to murder my upstairs neighbor and get away with it somehow, I'm sick of drinking $9 a handle vodka since I'm a bum now, I want to fuck the shit out of this chic that lives right by me but she thinks I'm weird yet constantly talks to me so I'm like wtf make up your mind you swit. idk, shit could be worse I suppose.

on the upside, I hope I live long enough to see the new Star Wars movie. until then, fuck this shit, I'm getting drunk and I can't wait until my Mulholland Dr blu ray comes in the mail since the only thing better than pussy for me is watching a movie for the first time in a long time. seriously, I'll tell a chic to fuck off if I'm going to watch a movie. that's like all I live for, but since I don't have time to write anymore, it makes me mad. I want to finish one of the six on going scripts I have but fucking work and school make it impossible since I want to make sure they are perfect. I can half ass a paper for a class but not a script, not going to happen.

so, in the end, I'm still making it, somehow lol. sometimes I wonder how, but at the end of the day I'm like fuck it. I've been through so many peaks and valleys in my life I'm glad I'm not incarcerated. so, that's a plus. I have a decent job, a shitty drive to and from work, and buy the cheapest of the cheap everything. I'll eventually end up in a trailer park and develop some sort of mental illness but for now, it's all good.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Thu Oct 29, 2015 19:00

just enjoyin' life in Oregon and getting through school (something i wish i did 5 years ago). only downside is not having friends so majority of my time is spent doing stuff alone. i deal with it pretty well, but damn its a lot harder to make friends when you're older. doesn't help i'm very picky about who i befriend.

really craving some travel right now, though. looking at visiting Iceland or Norway early next year. most likely Iceland because its so much cheaper.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 19:16

Sorry to hear about your emotional state youdied. Hang in there, things will improve.

Glad to hear you're enjoying school kob. I know that when you're older, you take school more seriously. But it's a great place to meet people if you linger. Some of my best friends came from struggling through CS assignments and study groups. Well, that and roommates and tournaments these days.

I'm well settled into my new job, I'm back with my girlfriend, I'm getting better at competitive smash and I have more money now than I've ever had.

I basically got everything I wanted, although it's been hard to keep up with friends.

Because of that, I still occasionally feel depression creeping back up on me. There's definitely this moment in adult life where you're like, "is this it? Isn't there something else I should be doing?" That existential panic is probably what eventually convinces people to have kids. It's making me want to get back into indie game dev.

I've been having trouble forming memories. It's like my brain thinks nothing is important anymore. I find it hard to talk to people, I have no good stories to tell and I find it hard to organize strong opinions about things people care about (and holding back strong opinions about things no one cares about).

Everything is going really well, but it doesn't feel that way. That's my life ATM.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Thu Oct 29, 2015 20:57

Working 50 hours a week, only have 1 day off. Going insane. Least we got a bunch of hot female drivers from the local colleges. So I'm having fun with a few of them. Other then that, life sucks, but that's what life is.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Thu Oct 29, 2015 21:28

yeah definitely taking school more seriously, but holy shit you (and Founder) weren't kidding about CS. even just the intro course is like an entirely different way of thinking. i'm definitely more keen on the programming aspects we've done so far than the computer science aspects (if that makes sense). its certainly challenging and yesterday was the first time i truly felt like i got my ass kicked so that was an experience all in itself.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 21:58

Yeah. It gets worse but, there's a point where it *stops* getting worse. If you can get through the first two years, you can do the rest. But I almost didn't make it. Just don't give up and you should be fine.

And no worries about CS being less interesting than coding. I haven't used pretty much any CS other than big O notation at any job.

You need to know it because it helps. But you almost never use it.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 22:00

Mr. Smith wrote:Working 50 hours a week, only have 1 day off. Going insane. Least we got a bunch of hot female drivers from the local colleges. So I'm having fun with a few of them. Other then that, life sucks, but that's what life is.
What is your job currently? Is your career in government permanently on hold?

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Oct 30, 2015 06:38

thanks Saladman! I think I'll be alright, just in a slump right now. it happens. I just can't remeber when the last time I was actually happy is all, but when I think about it, it was when I was working the medical call center job I had at the beginning of the year. those 4 months were the shit, it went downhill form there but I've been through worse. shit, I've literally been homeless before, at least I have a job and I'm in school. so, it makes me less angry about all of it.

the fucked up thing, is all I want to do is lock myself in my room and write to my hearts content. I know it will never happen, but I dream of it. maybe one day, I can work and come home and just do that one day, it's a nice thought. sure, you could say, well why are you playing LoL again you fucking cuck!? I just play it on the weekends, after my homework is done and I ain't got shit else to do. I originally wanted to come up with a funny twitch stream involving LoL but meh, I just play it casually and still yearn to work on my scripts. I just don't have the motivation anymore to work on them since when I get home late at night I'm brain dead and my weekends consist of bullshit menial tasks so I can't focus. I can hop on LoL and play a couple matches real quick and I'm like oh that sucked or fuck yeah I won! but with writing I have to be like 100% in the zone, and I'm slowly getting back to that as a full time hobby.

glad you're enjoying it over in Oregon Nite of BANE? that's cool dude. so what if you don't have a huge group of friends right now, you'll meet them. I do have a CS degree and I can relate, even though it's only an Associates that's supremely outdated at this point, but yeah, you will get the hang of it. it seems like so much up front but once you figure out how a process works it all starts to unravel and you'll get it. just a matter of time is all, as long as you pay attention you'll flourish. it's a stepping stones attempt, but seriously, once you figure out one part of the process it all clicks in during the long haul. that's how it was for me anyway, but Saladman may have more appropriate advice since I graduated from that field like 5 years ago and shit has changed a lot since then.

well, hope things with your girl work out for ya Saladman, but I'm glad you're on that right track so to speak financially, that's awesome since last time we did one of these you were sleeping on a couch or something so fuck yeah dude. I believe in ya, you know what's up. and high five Smith, I'm surprised you of all people could handle that workload. at least you have some eye candy to look at each day! :D

Jon0101
Mancubus

Post by Jon0101 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 15:44

Eh, youdie, you'll make it to star wars, it's like December something or other.

Yeah fucking commuting is a bitch. Give me the robot cars already, so I can sleep more.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Oct 30, 2015 21:54

Saladin wrote:
Mr. Smith wrote:Working 50 hours a week, only have 1 day off. Going insane. Least we got a bunch of hot female drivers from the local colleges. So I'm having fun with a few of them. Other then that, life sucks, but that's what life is.
What is your job currently? Is your career in government permanently on hold?
The Office of Emergency Management is on hold. I'm the General Manager of Papa John's right now. I would like to eventually go to the OEM but the crap that's going on with them is not worth my time.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Jon0101
Mancubus

Post by Jon0101 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 23:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKS1WTM6fzg
This "ten types of metal vocals" has some good laughs.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Tue Nov 03, 2015 23:56

i love me some jared dines

Julianos
Baron of Hell

Post by Julianos » Wed Nov 04, 2015 00:26

I'm in my third to last semester of ChemE school now (switched from Industrial to Chemical), I'm going on my third fulltime internship in January. Everything's going pretty well, my oldest brother just moved to NOLA with his girlfriend and dog, my middle brother is in the police academy and his wife's got a baby coming. I've been getting absolutely fucked by classes, I'm in heat transfer and modern physics right now, things are pretty nutty, but things overall aren't so bad. Still living in my frat house, I've been playing the Witcher 3 recently.

I remembered recently that there was a PF secret santa thing one year, I got a really really cool thoughtful gift from quack, and I was supposed to give KOB something, and kind of forgot to, and when I realized I forgot I offered to give him my WoW account, which I never made good on either. Then I sort of fell off the face of the PF earth. Shitty, shitty thing, entirely, so I'm sorry for that KoB. Especially considering I think I kind of got the secret santa thing organized in the first place. So, with that said,

KOB: would there be a school mailing address or something I could send you something at, either a package shipped from here or just something cool off amazon or otherwise? What are the kinds of things you're into now, books, movies, music, vinyl, graphic novels, etc? I kind of want to make good on that or else I feel like it'll get brought up on judgement day or some shit. It's one of the biggest unresolved fuckups in my life, right up there with telling this kid Ian he couldn't come to my birthday party in kindergarten because he had a gravely voice (I apologized to him in high school, we're totally cool now)

It's shitty to read that a lot of us are in a tough spot. You guys are all genuinely talented and cool as shit, other than smith ;)
I've found that a staggering amount of young people have problems with anxiety and depression nowadays, which might be a new thing and a product of how overstimulating and alienating everything is. I've never dealt with depression personally, but honestly I'd say half of my closest friends have had or currently have depression, often for no obvious reason, it's such a strange fucked up thing our brains do, and what's so shitty is that it's so misunderstood by everyone

Stampede
Lost Soul

Post by Stampede » Wed Nov 04, 2015 01:15

i just smoke memes and play rocket league
KnightofBane wrote:no smith I do not own a shamwow
hehe