Hey what's up Dawg? (Generic Chat Thread)

General discussion.
Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Re: Hey what's up Dawg? (Generic Chat Thread)

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Oct 02, 2016 18:26

Nursing is a pain in the ass.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Mon Oct 17, 2016 21:17

man school is starting to get rough and i'm only a year into it. my first year i could only take 2 classes per term (we have 4 terms up here instead of 2 semesters) because of how in-state tuition works for people who recently moved to Oregon so now i'm up to taking 3 and it's a lot more work. i'm really enjoying my CS class so far (intro to C++), but i hate doing work in my other classes. couldn't care less about humanities and calculus 2 (and math in general) is just frustrating. since i took so much time off in between high school and college i have a bunch of holes in my math knowledge and it makes doing the work really tedious because i constantly have to work on older shit i should know while learning the new material. just gotta power through it i guess. i'm just venting.

been seeing this girl i met off Tinder too so that's been fun. never expected much to come from it since it's basically a hook up app but hey i'm not complaining. i expect things will become "official" in time but yeah life's good, if stressful.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Mon Oct 17, 2016 21:23

Yeah, I got C's in Calculus and I had to do summer school to catch-up on the pre reqs beforehand.

I double majored in CS and History, so I personally love the Humanities stuff. But I could see how it could seem irrelevant and frustrating from your perspective.

Congrats on the girl and let us know how CS goes. It'd be fun to do some refresher work. Real life software dev is pretty tedious.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Tue Oct 18, 2016 00:00

that's kinda good to hear about calculus. i failed calc 1 but got a B my second time so i'm hoping that what studying techniques i've learned from taking it again will help me at least scrape by in the rest of the classes. and hopefully once i power through all the math i'll just never have to look at it again. i could go without having to take a limit ever again.

humanities can be cool, but it's just so dull having to pore over a textbook every week and memorize. when i do my C++ homework i'm actually being tested on how good my problem solving skills are and that's rewarding. so far, anyway - i'm sure the brick wall every programmer seemingly hits will make me think otherwise haha

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 01:05

No, that's basically true. CS homework is more "fun" because it isn't subjective. It's problem solving and logic instead of critical thinking and building a case. It's clearly more difficult though.

I found my "wall" outside of coursework. Actual development, software methodologies and frameworks and such, are far less straight forward than CS stuff. You often find yourself knowing *what* to do but struggling to find *how* to do it.

You'll be happy to know, I have never again needed to do Calculus. But you usually do need to have a basic understanding of it.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 17:10

Taking classes for surgical nursing training. Haha
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Sat Oct 29, 2016 23:46

living paycheque to paycheque with no ambition or goals. Only things I look forward to in life are new games like LoZ Breath of the Wild and the FF7 remake and KH3 and shit. Oh also ice cream. And dipping Tostitos in hot cheese. Other than that life is boring. I honestly wouldn't care if a meteor hit and destroyed the world.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 01:03

I do remember feeling how you do a few years ago.

I think it helps to have something to look forward to, and someone to come home to every day.

I still play competitive smash, not because I'm any good at it, but because it gives me a place to go and strive for something every week.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Oct 30, 2016 17:18

Met an Asian chick in class. She's fucking amazing.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Oct 30, 2016 20:36

Quack wrote: I honestly wouldn't care if a meteor hit and destroyed the world.
my first thought when I wake up in the morning.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Tue Nov 15, 2016 18:37

So I'm the first guy the chick has ever dated. She was a lesbian and I turned her bi. It's nice for a change not turning straight girls gay, lol.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Thu May 04, 2017 21:01

Hey, since the forums are kinda dead, I figured it was time for a tiny update.

What have y'all been up to? I've been suffering through a new assignment at work, went on a pretty badass vacation to Maui, abd have been playing a lot of Stellaris and other 4x strategy games.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Thu May 04, 2017 22:59

sounds like a rad vacation. lord knows we could use some sun here. i think the sun has come out maybe once per week since like october. first time the temp has gotten above 60 was yesterday too.

other than that been slaving away at school. linear algebra has been a massive pain given how conceptual it is and i'm getting my first test grade back tonight, which i expect to be in the 60s. calculus came a lot more naturally to me, but that's also partly because there's way more online resources and you can skate through calculus by just memorizing formulas. doesn't help my professor is awful either. when your professor isn't interested neither are the students.

still finishing up Nier Automata. probably not too far off from finishing the A2/9S storyline which i believe is the actual ending. picked up Hollow Knight the other day and it's fantastic. really well made Metroidvania that has its own Dark Souls-y spin on it with the complete lack of exposition and the seamless exploration. they made a few tweaks to the map and it makes a huge difference in the experience of exploring. lastly my friend gifted me PU's Battlegrounds for my upcoming birthday so looking forward to diving into that soon. wasn't a big fan of H1Z1's take on it, but since it's made by the dev who created the genre i have high hopes.

lastly about 60% of the way through book 9 (of 10) of Malazan Book of the Fallen series. started reading the series last August and expect to finish all of it in a month or so. what a ride its been. i know i'm the only big reader here but it really is amazing. i'm constantly in awe at how Steven Erikson has managed to put together some of the plotlines with how many characters and places and stories there are. in a way its kinda made me think less of other fantasy stories. like i'm totally pumped for GoT, but it pales in comparison.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri May 05, 2017 05:10

just been working, watching random shit, drafting out my next screenplay I want to finish before the year ends (cyberpunk murder mystery) and been hitting the bottle kind of hard again which sucks but my brother has had some big health scares lately and he's miserable so it makes me sad to see him that way. it'll pass eventually but the past couple of weeks have been tough mentally, if I don't get at least a small buzz I won't sleep. on the flip-side, I'm getting along well with this new girl at work and debating when I'll be ready to ask her on a date, but I don't think now is a good time. like, I was passed out on my garage floor last night and woke up at like 3am and didn't even know how I got there. I'll be okay, eventually, just a phase. I think I'm just gonna take a week off of work and chill the fuck out and that should help. haven't played any games in forever but I like to watch Vman, a decently popular EVO dude, fuck up very hard AI single player fighting game story modes on YouTube. such a BEAST!

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri May 05, 2017 16:41

Saladin wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 21:01
Hey, since the forums are kinda dead
Just like XM_Silver.
I'm doing good, just working my ass off, going to school, wondering if I'm too old to look into med school.