Gamercast of Thrones

General discussion.
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Re: Gamercast of Thrones

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Jun 20, 2016 20:28

sameeee Mereen is like Dorne quality at this point.

I like how you brought up the lack of establishing shots, that's a perfect observation and I've been bitching about it to my brother throughout this whole season. nice to know someone else agrees! I also think the budget was heavily dumped on the CG which is a shame since a 15 second cut of Theon and Yara walking through the main city gate isn't a constraint really. I think the lack of GRRMs influence is the reason why the buildups are flatlining.

after reading your thoughts on the logic of the battle it made me chuckle, but you're totally right. I still loved the execution of the fighting and it wasn't a shaky cam disaster. The CG and practical effects blended well so they did a good job with the lighting.

Ramsay was a shit but I liked how he just enjoyed being evil. idk, personal pref.

Dany started off as my favorite but now whenever it's a Mereen scene I'm like oh fuck just get this over with already. I'm all aboard the Jon Snow hypetrain now. I would say Stannis, but, well... :snare:

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Thu Jun 23, 2016 17:47

Game of Thrones has really gone to the dogs.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Thu Jun 23, 2016 22:15

rewatched the series up to season 6 and on second watch i actually think stannis' death was done well. it was a fitting end for his character. he became so consumed by his desire for the throne that he put it all up to chance (i.e., Lord of Light) and ultimately paid the price for all the terrible shit he did. not sure why i feel differently now - maybe i'm just less salty.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 22:58

I do feel that the sacrifice was out of character for him. He loved his daughter, and he was so competent, he should've been able to see how desperate he was being. It wasn't the best in my opinion.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Jun 23, 2016 23:40

I wasn't a huge fan of the way they handled Stannis but I didn't mind his death so much, I just wished it wasn't fucking off screen.

like we didn't need to see Brienne bury her blade into his face per se but maybe like show us his headless corpse and she gives him a final blessing or something to confirm it. events that happen off screen is a huge tv/film pet peeve of mine. I just find it lazy.

there are some instances where it can be artistic and clever but in a show like this that's just cheating the audience. it felt like D&D wrote the finale for season 5 and left Stannis' story to be determined and then rushed the script for season 6 and just were like fuck it, he's dead. moving on! idk maybe that's just me.

i.e. Blackfish

-edit-

tfw no more Ramsay. :'(

I will miss him, who the fuck else is supposed to be the antagonist? Euron? who we know nothing about as far as the show goes. the Night's King? same issue. seriously. Cersei, I guess you could say, but she hasn't done anything that horrific lately and I'm assuming is going to die soon. I'm at a middle ground with GoT, I kinda want to run over and sell all the blu-rays while they're still worth something but at the same time it's been such a staple to my life for so many years I'm like ehh I'll wait it out. I'm more concerned about the books being finished tbh. I hope they end the show well otherwise I'll probably lose my shit and break stuff.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Mon Jun 27, 2016 02:30

WEW I WAS 3 FOR 3 ON THE PREDICTIONS

DANY TO WESTEROS

NEXT SEASON IT BEGINS

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Jun 27, 2016 03:05

HOLY SHIT WEW LAD!!!

seriously, these last two episodes have been fire

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 06:00

Ding dong the sparrow's dead. Thank God.

I love how the out shot was "long may she reign," and then it cuts to Dany. Guess not, lol

Ugghhh, waiting a whole year again is the worst part.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Jun 27, 2016 16:21

She should have let him eat more of his sons before telling him.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jun 28, 2016 03:47

just curious

did you guys notice a major difference in quality in the last two episodes of season 6 from the rest?

I swear Miguel Sapochnik is why these past two episodes were good. (minus the character teleportation)

there is a clear cut difference in my mind and I hope they use this guy more often instead of featuring him in the critical episodes. just a thought.

if this guy shot an entire season it would be groundbreaking imo.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Tue Jun 28, 2016 04:27

yeah but not because of the directing, though it was definitely better (how could anyone say otherwise after Battle of the Bastards?) for me it was the writing. it just seemed better - like whoever wrote the script in those two episodes did a better job than the previous eight. i think part of it is because shit was actually happening so the dialogue felt more meaningful. there were less forced comedic moments too. some of those were just fucking cringey and terrible earlier in the season (e.g. Daario infiltrating the Dothraki camp).

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jun 28, 2016 05:38

that's true, but directing does pull a lot of the weight. these past two episodes were in his vision and most of the time that actually can reflect the writing to his style, hell, even editing. it's a real thing that happens backstage. this happens all the time when shooting movies so I found it interesting considering this is a more of a cinematic TV show.

I agree, I think D&D wised the fuck up when it came to the writing but at the same time just hear me out, a confident and talented director can do that on a film set. seriously, compare Hardhome, BotB and tWoW to any other episode. what reigns supreme again? idk, maybe I'm looking into it way too critically but at the same time I think I'm making a solid point.

like holy shit, where was the haunting piano score in previous season leading to the big revel? the director does more behind the scenes than you would think is all I'm getting at.

he did "The Gift, Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards and Winds of Winter". every single one of these episodes are without a doubt the best constructed. All I'm saying is let this dude do all of season 7. imagine the quality.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Tue Jun 28, 2016 05:58

i'd be totally alright with him being the director for the remaining episodes. and given there's only like 12 left there should be a fuckload of action i.e. perfect for his directing.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jun 28, 2016 18:09

I'm confused how they are going to finish it, so is the season going to be split in two halves like some shows do? I really hope not, that is annoying as shit.

If I was HBO I'd do a typical 10 episode season 7 and then do a 2 hour long "episode" as the finale but have a theatrical release along with the tv one and market the hell out of it. I would totally pay to go see that on the big screen.

can't seem to find any info about it, all I've read is season 7 will be shorter than normal but if there's 12 more episodes how does that play out?

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Tue Jun 28, 2016 19:33

yeah there's no real info about it yet. it kinda flew under most people's radar, too. i don't think the majority of fans know there's only that many episodes left. my theory is it gets split in half so they can use a full season's budget on ~6 episodes, which they'll need for all the impending battles. i have zero idea how their contract works but that was my guess.