Re: Gamercast of Thrones

Post by kob » Mon May 30, 2016 02:38

CLEGANEBOWL HYPE IS AT A NEW LEVEL

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon May 30, 2016 04:18

it's at a tease level to me but I think it'll happen, hell, I even think the name of the episode will actually be Cleganebowl. trust me, I want nothing more than this to happen, but it has to be done right. so many importants!

I don't see it happening in this current season but it will be the Red Weeding of S7 if it does happen. who knows.

I thought I had all of the plot mapped out but in some cases I'm right and others I'm so backwards on, time will tell.

I think by the end of the season my theories will hold up, until then, been a fun ride so far this season minus a few cringe moments.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Mon May 30, 2016 05:04

Christ, they are drawing this shit out so hard. Ugh.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon May 30, 2016 22:08

CLEGANEBOWL HYPE!!!!!!

anyways

yeah some of the plotlines are getting dragged out (Sam/Gilly) while others are starting to peak (Dany/North).

the "Coldhands" reveal was odd but it works I suppose.

I was really surprised about the Riverlands theory I made and I think it's going to happen! Walder Frey mentioning Blackfish, the Brotherhood, Red Wedding. we'll see!

these next few episodes should go all out since time is running out; considering they claim to only have like 12 episodes left after this season.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jun 07, 2016 05:46

watched the recent episode back to back.

how confirmed is Cleganebowl at this point?

I'm seriously treating this as a holiday and will plan accordingly.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 16:13

Yeah, you definitely called it.

It was the only interesting thing that happened that episode too. This is, by far, the most drawn out season in the series.

You legit could have skipped the entire season save maybe ten minutes across episodes and not have missed anything important.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Tue Jun 07, 2016 18:03

yeah this season has been pretty whatever for me. personally the writing has been really off. i started watching the series over again a week ago and the difference in quality between newer and older episodes is almost staggering at times. everyone seems to love it, though.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Tue Jun 07, 2016 18:53

same thing happened with Breaking Bad to be honest. the first few seasons had a distinct tone to them and then it got popular. now the writing caters to fan service instead of depth.

I see most of this playing out the same in the books but I hear ya guys. I still like it but I wish it felt more like the first couple seasons instead of this "shocking moment of the week!" mentality. now people are teleporting around Westeros to convenience the plot and "surprise" the new wave of fans after the Red Wedding.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Tue Jun 07, 2016 19:07

that's pretty much why i don't care for this season. it's like all kind of convenient things keep happening to setup shocking moments. i'm actually really interested in seeing how much the book is going to differ from what D&D are doing.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Jun 13, 2016 02:38

yeah this recent episode pissed me off. I honestly think my own theory is better but that may come off as smug.

thankfully the preview for the Battle of the Bastards looks pretty good. I think it's supposed to be the whole episode kinda like when the Wildlings attacked Castle Black. I'm all about seeing that.

this season has definitely sent me through peaks and valleys about the finale. I'm kinda worried actually, I hope the books actually finish this story more logically but I will endure and see what D&D deliver with.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Mon Jun 20, 2016 05:06

Ok, so there was some bullshit in this episode 9 for sure, but there was way too much awesome shit for me to care.

I'll wait for y'all to confirm you've seen it before I fangirl out on spoilers.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Mon Jun 20, 2016 05:13

i watch them live but yeah exactly how i feel. terrible writing but the action and tension was so on point i don't even care

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Jun 20, 2016 05:19

I called the Littlefinger reveal to win the battle.

I thought this was the best medieval battle sequence ever shot imo.

I have my gripes this season but this was a great episode not gonna lie.

I wished Ramsay got beheaded, like a mimic and awe moment, from Ned beheading the guy in the first episode. Starks will be Starks! the feeding to the dog thing was lame to me tbh, it could have been handled way better thematically considering the circumstances. I honestly will miss Ramsay. He was a great counter to all the lawful good trope characters in the show.

rip

the Theon and Yara scene should have been epic as fuck but felt so forced. I hate this teleportation of characters happening now. there is never any payoff to these scenes. I should have lost my shit by seeing Dany, Theon, Yara and Tyrion in the same room but nope. I was like meh. that's all I'm saying. Pacing 101 ya bish.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Mon Jun 20, 2016 16:10

Yeah, for how much fucking waffling they did this season, you'd think those scenes would have had better buildup. Even just a couple of establishing shots of them entering the city would have been good enough. I sometimes get the impression that entire scenes get left out for budget reasons, like they couldn't afford to do the CG showing all their ships in the harbor or something.

The battle was visually stunning, so I loved it. But it was logically broken in a dozen ways.

Where the hell did all of Ramsay's men go? How the fuck did a 30 foot tall pile of bodies materialize in an open field battle? Why did Jon Snow have straight up plot armor while hundreds of arrows hit everything *except* him even when he was the only target? Why the did the knights of the veil wait until everyone was basically slaughtered before assisting? (That one is actually ok if it was a Littlefinger trick but Sansa should've been furious). Why did Ramsay loose an arrow to hit the giant when Jon Snow was right freaking there? Why did he then pick the worst possible weapon and still have that stupid smirk on his face even when he missed three freaking times?

Still, I gotta disagree ytmnd. I *hated* Ramsay so much, and it was so much better to dispatch him violently and horribly. There was too much catharsis in that for it to happen any other way.

And Dany killed it of course, but that whole arc has lacked weight since they conquered Mereen. The power of their enemies felt forced, and so did her completely overwhelming comeback. Just feels a little too lazy. How she got the army ended up being much more interesting than how she used it.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Mon Jun 20, 2016 17:58

yeah ever since Mereen Dany's whole story has been a complete slog for me. i get really bored when she's on screen because it's pretty clear they've just been waiting for the story in Westeros to be ready for her invasion. she's been one of my least favorite characters since the beginning though so par for the course.