ydte is now a homeowner edition

General discussion.
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

ydte is now a homeowner edition

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Aug 22, 2016 03:40

Due to Saladmander's new totalitarian rule, welcome to the new pf! RJS is strictly forbidden!

Anyway, looks like I'll be staying in AZ for quite some time since I just signed off on my very own house. I'm moving back to Peoria, AZ in a really nice neighborhood, I finally escaped the ghetto after these past three years! I feel liberated or something. Seriously, fuck these last three apartments I've lived in since getting out of the service, I have stories among stories of the shit I've had to deal with. The world is an ugly reality outside of suburbia. Gentrification blah blah blah.

I did live in a really nice house in Vegas when I was in the Air Force but that doesn't count to me since I was making bank back then and it was temporary, but yeah, I'll be living in my very own house and I'm pretty stoked. I finally feel like a grown up I guess you could say? Even though mentally I'm a basket-case. I own a home, found my passion in my life and know what I want to do in this meaningless bubble of existence, but I feel sort of relieved in a sense. I have a decent job, know what I want to pursue and now have something I own instead of rent, and it took 29 fucking years to accomplish. Better late than never!

idk, have any of you guys felt the same way at times in your life? I'm just glad to be where I'm at right now honestly since I've always felt like a complete failure all of my life internally. This is why I love this forum since I've basically documented my whole "adult" life in a sense on here. I've been a homeless drug addict that used to hide in a library bathroom stall until everyone left, slept on the floor, and woke up when the library opened just for a place to stay and I'd hop on pf with my library card just to keep up with what was going on while filling out job applications. Now I've served 4 years in the USAF, been through college and now getting handed keys to a house. idk y'all, it's just mind warping to me. Never give up is the lesson here? If I can do it, you can too or something. I'm just glad you guys didn't make horrible decisions like I did in the past and seem smarter and above that sort of behavior.

I'm just wondering if I'm not alone in feeling this way, I know I'm a little older than you guys but just wondered if you've felt similar thoughts as we're now in our early-late 20's.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: ydte is now a homeowner edition

Post by Saladin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 16:19

Congrats dude! I'm not crazy about AZ but, as long as you're happy. You've definitely earned some chill time, you've had probably the worst living environments of any of us.

I know that fuck up kind of feeling. I still feel that way honestly even though I have a good job and a stable life.

But I definitely also know what's t like to move up in the world. Two years ago I lost my job, my apartment, my gf, and I weighed 250 pounds. Now I'm making more than I ever did, living comfortably in North Hollywood with my gf, and I'm down to 175.

I struggle a lot with depression and negative thinking. But there's definitely been times where I've felt like, "fuck yeah, I've come a long way."
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Mon Aug 22, 2016 18:47

man that's a pretty similar situation to me 2 years ago as well Saladin (minus losing my job - I quit).

but yeah ydte that feeling is pretty much the reason i moved man. didn't feel good with where I was in life and tired of all the shit. I wouldn't say I've overcome everything, but it's great looking back on where I was and where I am now. sometimes you just need a fresh start. congrats on the house.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Aug 22, 2016 19:15

I seem to get more pissed off when life fucks me now that I'm older. I'm also watching my wallet a lot more, haha.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Aug 22, 2016 19:33

Thanks Salad, I don't mind AZ, I just got used to it I guess. I just hated where I lived specifically in the state and got tired of the crime and violence. I still sort of get the fuck up feeling when I'm writing (everytime when I'm doing rewrites) but as far as a standing grown person I feel more confident overall. I don't worry as much I guess, but then again I won't be surrounded by such a hostile environment anymore so it sort of works itself out in that regard.

Damn dude that's quite a turnaround in 2 years! I admire your ambition. I probably would have moped for 4 years, sort of got better a year later, drank heavily for a year and then maybe get my life back on track. I suck at dealing with loss, so I'm happy for ya dude. I don't really struggle with depression, I just get really angry instead and I tend to bottle shit up which is a bad idea. We'll see how living a comfy life goes!

I understand where you're coming from KoB. I've traveled all over the country and its a nice feeling to have your own spot in a place you feel comfortable with as a person. Indeed, fresh starts are something we all need from time to time and sometimes its a change of scenery to help with that. It's a cool feeling to say you're a homeowner since I just assumed I would be living in a measly apartment the rest of my life. The HOA stuff doesn't sound all that fun but it beats driving past hookers and base heads on the way to work.

Heh I hear ya Smith, I've been a lot more cautious with my wallet as I've gotten older. I basically save and save and save, and then once every three months or so, go to best Buy and buy a bunch of blu rays and then save and save again. Quitting smoking and not having a gf saves a lot of money. The booze is another story. ;)

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 19:44

Yeah, I love saving money. Were it not for the gf, I'd save more than half my income every month.

I'm personally kinda over drinking. I mean, that's a lie, I drink all the time, but it mostly sucks now. I feel like I barely get buzzed and then just feel sick later. So luckily, I could never develop a drinking habit.

When I had some Percocet around after some surgery though, now that shit is dangerous.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Aug 22, 2016 20:42

I try to save half as well if I can. idk I decided if I wanted to get my medical weed card or drink and chose drinking because its cheaper. I like to go HAM on my weekends. I still toke it like once in a blue moon but kinda have a been there done that attitude about it. Yeah I hear ya, I tore abdominal muscles while I served and they gave me Valium for like 3 months and it was so hard to get over the withdrawals when I finally healed.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Mon Aug 22, 2016 20:59

haha every time i drink moderately/heavily i always feel like shit after so i could never develop a habit either

weed, on the other hand, is hard to resist. i've been smoking less but when you have those days where you have nothing to do it cures your boredom so quick. almost too much.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Aug 29, 2016 04:52

well it's official, the house is mine, moving in on Oct 1st! 3 bedroom, 2 bath, living with my brother and will leave the third room as a spare. if any of you ever happen to travel to the Phoenix metropolitan area for a Con or something I got an extra room if you want to save on a hotel, just sayin. we don't plan on getting a third roommate so that room is all on its own.

did the last inspection today to finalize it, it's in a really great neighborhood and only 6 miles away from work so not bad at all. everything is up to date and needs some minor fixes which sucks since this is my house now and I don't have a leasing office to fix everything, I have to. One of the toilets doesn't work, there are a lot of stains on the carpet, the interior needs to be repainted, the backyard patio is cracked and needs to be replaced with pavers and the screens on the windows are old and torn for the most part. luckily my parents have a bunch of connects in this realm due to being realtors so I can get it all taken care of for rather cheap. these are the things you'll have to consider when buying a home btw, it's not always going to be move in ready right away, a majority of the houses I looked at needed fixing in various departments and you have to cover those costs on your own.

it's just a great feeling is all, I've been renting all of my life so it's nice to actually have your own home that you can do whatever you want with. I'm already thinking of crazy xmas light designs when winter rolls around just for the fuck of it. can't really do that with an apartment.

-edit-
I've never had the drinking issues y'all have suffered I guess in the aftermath, it only happens when I intentionally chug a bottle of tequila or something stupid like that. must run in my genes or some shit. I only get hangovers if I purposelessly contribute to them and that means like me drinking an entire bottle to myself or on an empty stomach. must be an Italian thing idlk.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Mon Aug 29, 2016 16:07

Congrats! Sounds like a nice setup. The short commute is great. A bad commute can make even a good job a complete slog.

It's true you gotta pay to fix it up, but think of it like a security deposit. You get it back by essentially adding the value to your house.

Drinking didn't always used to be like this, started to happen after college was over. Sometimes I'm glad it did because otherwise I would drink a lot more lol.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Sep 25, 2016 05:35

I got to move in early and today was the day. damn, y'all, feelsgoodman. for once in my life I feel proud, the house is legit awesome. I'll be taking some photos once me and my bro officially unpack everything. It's a great feeling though, knowing this is your place. it's still registering, for real. idk, just wanted to live in the moment so to speak, I've been walking around in circles for hours just in awe I guess since I'm so used to renting and being told what I can and can't do. not this time! I'm sure y'all will feel the same once you own your own home.

but yeah, I'll throw up some pics after we finish everything, but it may be a few days due to work scheduling. as of right now, everything is unboxed but is just laying around in heaps. we'll get it done soon. but idk, its that feeling. it's hard to explain. the feeling of ownership of your own residential property is quite kappa. already planning xmas light designs.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Sep 25, 2016 17:43

So you won't need any of the homosexuals from HGTV to fix up the house? That's great news dude. You should plant a veggie garden in the back yard.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Sep 26, 2016 01:55

heh, nah, we're good. everything is coming together nicely. we're redoing to backyard by ripping out all the grass and plants and replacing them with rock and cacti, same with the front. grass is too hard of a bitch to maintain in this state. I actually considered the garden idea but my parents have one so I'll just mooch off of theirs.

should have pics up tomorrow after I get off work since most of the house is sorted out at this point. I have everything I need for the most part minus some dining chairs, a wall mount for my tv and some sort of bbq/grill for the back patio. I definitely want to spruce up the place with some wall art since there are so many perfect spots for posters/art.

-edit-

I've been cucked by photobucket and photoshack to upload shit. fuck it, I'll send them via FB msg if you want to see them.
Last edited by youdiedtooeasily on Wed Sep 28, 2016 04:09, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Sep 26, 2016 19:39

youdiedtooeasily wrote:heh, nah, we're good. everything is coming together nicely. we're redoing to backyard by ripping out all the grass and plants and replacing them with rock and cacti, same with the front. grass is too hard of a bitch to maintain in this state. I actually considered the garden idea but my parents have one so I'll just mooch off of theirs.

should have pics up tomorrow after I get off work since most of the house is sorted out at this point. I have everything I need for the most part minus some dining chairs, a wall mount for my tv and some sort of bbq/grill for the back patio. I definitely want to spruce up the place with some wall art since there are so many perfect spots for posters/art.
Dude, at least plant some watermelons and squash. One watermelon plant produced 8 foot vines and 12 watermelons. lol