okay what the fuck, time to talk about the election fam

General discussion.
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Re: okay what the fuck, time to talk about the election fam

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Oct 20, 2016 06:16

Saladin wrote: What are you talking about with regards to internet censorship or political correctness? Like, the internet is clearly not going anywhere. It's perhaps more uncensored and crazy than it's *ever* been.
For now, but look at other countries, they are threatening people with arrests by deeming a post being "offensive". I find that scary. There are two sides to an argument, not one. I just find this could easily get blown out of proportion and be counterproductive to the internet as a whole without any sense of reasoning. Policing the internet won't fix anything substantial.
Saladin wrote:Also, it's been a few years since I've been in college, but it wasn't my experience at all that people were running around censoring people or some dumb shit like that. People tend to be oversensitive babies, but it's usually just a self-righteous phase people go through in their 20's. I don't see it as a problem at all.

I think the larger conversation about social justice is really, really important. Particularly in this election, because I don't think the media misrepresents it at all. If anything, they probably undersell it.
I had BLM activists literally shove flyers in my face and called me a "racist white pig" when I walked away. Yeah, this crap is happening on many college campuses. They get a free pass to do so though, since campus security is too afraid to intervene due to a fucking possible controversy in the media. Explain that one dude. (I'm not hating against you by any means, but seriously. how do you defend that?)
Saladin wrote:I think the larger conversation about social justice is really, really important. Particularly in this election, because I don't think the media misrepresents it at all. If anything, they probably undersell it.

A good example is all the police killings of unarmed men that keep making the news. There were reports for decades of that happening, but no one ever believed the people it happened to because they were typically poor, non-white or both. The popularity, and non-censored nature, of the internet has allowed undeniable evidence of shit like that to explode in a way that's undeniable.

Similarly, I think women's issues are finally being heard after decades of having no popular representation in the media. Even watching old tv shows from the 90's can be fucking cringe inducing when you realize how far we've come. A lot of that shit goes overboard, but so what. Feminists of one stripe or another have been saying ridiculous shit for a hundred years, and no one takes them seriously. But the ones who do raise legitimate points typically get lumped in with the rest for nakedly partisan reasons.

The gender divide in the voting populace this election is literally unprecedented. Women basically aren't voting for Trump. Not literally of course, the divide is like 70-30. But electorally speaking, there's never been a divide that large, it's the first time in American history. And obviously, it's not hard to understand why.
The first half is the medias problem with misinforming their audiences, yeah I know, what a shocker. What oppression do women face in a Western society? Look at what they did with "fair representation in the media". We get fucking Anita. I'm glad in America less than 15% of the population dictates our entire culture and influences the entertainment industry now, high fucking five there. Oh, well in the UK only 7% identify as feminist. I get where you're coming from, but no, third wave feminism is almost as bad as modernistic BLM. It's all inspired by hate, not """""equality""""". I'm sure you don't feel the same way but that's how I perceive it. Again, I don't have any grievance with you, that's just how I feel on said subjects. At least I have the balls to talk about it and I wish more people out there (and on pf) would. Well yeah, of course women hate Trump, that's not rocket science. Most people hate Trump, but as you mentioned before, people are dumb enough to endorse his campaign in the crazy amount of numbers due to deep rooted animosity.
Saladin wrote:Even if you don't like "PC" stuff, which I don't even think is a real *thing*, just something people whine about, Trump is a completely bigoted piece of shit who very likely did sexually assault women. Not hard to understand why he's not winning the female vote.

In any case, Hillary is very clearly going to win and we're probably going to have 4-8 years of another Obama equivalent. That is to say, a President that will do jack shit because she'll be obstructed at every turn by Republicans about literally everything, no matter how mundane.

The real story over the next few years is what twisted monstrosity the right-wing is going to turn into now that traditional Republican bullshit is dead.
Yeah, I personally think the "PC stuff" is fucking bullshit (rip ASU), but I don't disagree with you on your closing statement. I think the real story is if she'll run free speech and the internet's sanctity into the ground on a global level to support her corrupt narrative to turn the world into a gigantic false bubble of reality. I'm a registered Independent. I don't give a flying fuck about super liberal or conservative ethos, even though I've been called "alt-right" on many social media platforms, which I seriously don't even know what the fuck that means tbh, but yeah. I understand your enthusiasm and agree/disagree on some of your points, but either way, I think we're all fucked for the next 4-8 years regardless who wins. We have opposing views, what a shocker, but I still get what you're trying to say and respect it. (huh, if only our Presidential candidates thought the same way...)

please more of you pf ppl reply, btw. this is kinda important. for discussion sake at least.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 15:33

there's no denying there's some utterly hypersensitive dumbasses who will misconstrue everything you say, but i also think there's some merit to the argument made by more rational ones. for example, the girl i've been seeing doesn't like the word 'retard' so i don't say it around her. i don't agree with her. society has deemed that the word be used interchangeably with stupid or idiot for so long that its meaning changes with context. i don't believe anyone is making fun of mentally handicapped people when they say it. that's opposed to a word like 'nigger', which has literally no other meaning than a racial slur. however, i don't consider saying 'retard' as a part of my identity and if i can make someone feel a little better by not saying it then i don't really have a problem. that's kinda my opinion on "PC" stuff. it's case by case. if we only look at the extremists then yeah it's easy to see how ridiculous people are being and i certainly don't agree we need to go around policing what we say. but when a trans person wants to be called by she/he and people actively refuse to because of their biological sex then that's pretty fucked up. just like there's a line you can cross that makes you a hypersensitive baby, there's also a line you can cross that makes you an asshole (not any of y'all in specific just in general).

as for feminism, it's kinda the same thing. if we only look at the extremists then yeah it sounds pretty dumb, but the ones who rationally put together arguments have a very fair point. there's really no denying that we treat women shitty compared to men from a social standpoint. they do tend to get objectified a lot more. and then other shit like women who sleep with guys being a slut but guys who sleep with a lot of women are champs. stuff like that is a little fucked up. women are human beings and if that makes me a feminist then i guess i am. i just think we should all treat each other equally. it's also why i don't put them on a pedestal either because they're my equal. so when people tell me it's rude i don't do certain things for women i tell them i'm treating them exactly like i would a guy. that's kinda my stance.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 15:34

We're all just individuals, we all only have our own perception. So it makes sense that we don't agree necessarily. Particularly if you've had shitty experiences with SJW types. I personally never have.

That's why I think it's important to argue on the facts, and not on anecdotes. Otherwise, we just disappear up our own assess.

In any case, I think the internet has made us all a little paranoid. As bad as things are right now, from a historical perspective, things are actually pretty decent, mainly just embarrassing.

I mean, we've lived through a civil war, massive depressions, two states of total war, multiple public hysterias, you name it.

The country will survive a mediocre president.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Oct 20, 2016 18:04

Damn, sorry for all the unnecessary cursing last night. After they started discussing immigration on the debate I had to pop a bottle and by the time it was over I was pretty trashed. I'm still sticking to my guns though but would like to answer your comments in a more civil tone. I'm actually glad we finally brought this up.

The only problem is I only see the hypersensitive dumbasses point of view both online and on campus. If you would kindly point me in a direction where I can listen to someone's point of view with actual merit on the subject I'd be more than willing to hear what they have to say. I don't immediately discredit a person based on their beliefs. I just can't stand people shouting rather insulting messages and then curling up in a ball and crying victim when called out on it (BLM, third wave feminist radicals). That is unacceptable. Where is the accountability? I say outlandish crazy ass shit all the time but at least I own up to it if proven wrong and am willing to listen to the other side instead of shouting over them. It seems like that kind of discussion doesn't exist anymore.

Your comment about comparing retard to nigger is a good point. My main gripe about the PC stuff is how it has become a staple to college campuses now. Keep politics out of the lesson plan is my stance. As idiotic as many protests I see, they have a right to do so, and that's fine. The last couple years at ASU my professors flat out tell us that they are diehard left and they only explain and lecture said subject from that bias, if you disagree, you're wrong. I don't think that is acceptable by any means. I've had to bs so many assignments just to fit the "narrative" and I felt disgusted by doing so, since I don't always believe that way. Don't get me wrong, I'd say the same thing if it was super right as well. I sort of fall in the middle and feel liberal or conservative on individual topics. ASU is the #1 online school in this country and is unabashedly left and this is their nationwide lesson plan. Don't think for yourself! Follow our script on how to think and only watch and read the very condensed left content that supports our narrative! I just find that to be extremely shallow and misleading, instead of becoming a free thinking individual you're now part of a "clubhouse" that doesn't actually fit into a balanced reality. Painting a pretty picture over a fucked up society doesn't solve anything, this is why I don't like the PC pandering since that's how I feel about it for the most part. Yeah its easy to focus on the radicals, but when I see this kind of takeover happen across many college campuses across the country I consider that a problem. The LGBT issues are a misinformed problem, I understand, but as you said that's just people being assholes for the sake of it instead of welcoming or being open to new ideas.

The feminist angle I'm still not buying what they're selling, and more and more people around the world are saying the same thing as their numbers are dropping dramatically. Most of my female friends that I have are lesbians and declare themselves humanist, all being prior feminists. They even think it's batshit insane at this current stage after preaching it for most of their adult lives. I don't see any instance where women are treated unfairly in Western society. They are destroying males in education, straight males are offing themselves in record numbers because of tolerated hatred against them, the wage gap is a debunked myth, the college campus rape culture is a myth, 90% of Americans already believe in gender equality and third wave feminism is clearly just a hate group against men. Yet look what they've done to our culture. Look at how many major companies had to apologize publicly for such menial nonsense just to pander to them. Look at the forced and eye rolling changes to modern day entertainment to fit their agenda. I have to give it to them though, they are a small yet organized group of crazy people that bitch and moan until they get their way and then claim the victim card when refuted. Bravo! :snare:

I think it's just scary is all, how we as a culture just let it slide and now EVERYTHING is misogynistic or sexist, and even if it isn't, we still have to take it seriously and pander to them. I think when you refer to modern day setting feminism you're exhibiting humanist ideologies. The word feminist got run into the ground by a bunch of miserable extremists hell bent on making us just as pathetic as they are. Just something to look into is all since that's how they (female friends) explained it to me for why they left the movement in favor of actual equality (humanist). I personally don't believe in all this labeling crap, I'm just me being me, but I do listen to what they have to say and form my own opinion. In this case, I can't sit here and pretend this isn't a problem.

I'm glad you've never run into the ugly side of the SJW types and I've only seen the worst so yeah, perception and personal experience does play a huge factor in that regard. Oh, sorry, I meant "bigly" (seriously Trump?)

I agree, election season makes everyone lose their minds and now that social media has exploded it's easy to put everyone on edge with just sharing a meme. The paranoia is real and I see it all the time when I'm on YouTube or Facebook. I roll my eyes and scroll past it but it is alarming how many people lash out over this stuff like the world is going to end or something.

The we will survive with a mediocre president comment is true, to put it bluntly. I think the upcoming Supreme Court decisions are at its most crucial time in our generation for how the next few decades will pan out for the world, not just this country, and that's my only main concern.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 18:56

I honestly half suspect Republicans will block all Democratic court nominees. They're that fucking crazy at this point.

That being said, I agree that it's arguably the most important part of this election. From Citizens United to Hobby Lobby, this court was a fucking disaster of right wing nonsense. Even decisions people think were fairly "liberal," like upholding Obamacare, were actually completely insane right wing decisions. In that case, for instance, the Supreme Court ruled that states have a right to *reject* programs created and funded by the Federal Government if they partially administer it. There is no precedent for that, they pulled it completely out of their ass. And it's done massive damage to the expansion of Medicaid as a result, and there's no way to fix it.

Going back to SJW college stuff, I could definitely see how it would be frustrating to be right leaning and go to university. But proud bias is pretty rare, and it's also department dependent. Economics tends to be filled with Libertarian fuckwads, for example. I used to work for them.

To me, it's all about the merits. What are SJW types actually proposing?

Is it body cams on cops? Because I think that's a great idea. Is it more inclusion for women in STEM education? I'm for that too. There were literally like 10 girls in my entire Computer Science graduating class, and they were definitely creeped on or otherwise made to feel unwelcome.

Put bluntly, if they wanna fuck about on Tumblr with "cis white scum" comments, I don't really care. We're all assholes online. Their opponents are MUCH worse.

What I care about instead is larger conversations about actual facts and issues.

Like, here's one, feminists lobby for better representation in games. Blizzard makes a game like Overwatch that appeals to more people, everyone's happy. Seems like a win-win to me.

A lot of what we see as "PC" now is just the culture changing to be more tolerant. We shouldn't assume that who we are is the best possible version of ourselves. We should be open to the idea that we've been assholes for years and never noticed. Couldn't hurt to at least think about it.

That's abstract though. With regards to what you're talking about, I think the real thing that's been lost in this election is fucking reality. Particularly from Trump supporters. People are just living in their own Facebook universes of illuminati Satan conspiracies or are earnestly stupid enough to think we're really going to build a fucking wall.

Our country has a lot of very serious problems. Student debt, bad healthcare, bad infrastructure, Global Warming, you name it. It cannot afford to get caught up bitching about things that don't even exist.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Oct 21, 2016 01:35

Saladin wrote:I honestly half suspect Republicans will block all Democratic court nominees. They're that fucking crazy at this point.

That being said, I agree that it's arguably the most important part of this election. From Citizens United to Hobby Lobby, this court was a fucking disaster of right wing nonsense. Even decisions people think were fairly "liberal," like upholding Obamacare, were actually completely insane right wing decisions. In that case, for instance, the Supreme Court ruled that states have a right to *reject* programs created and funded by the Federal Government if they partially administer it. There is no precedent for that, they pulled it completely out of their ass. And it's done massive damage to the expansion of Medicaid as a result, and there's no way to fix it.
Oh wow, I didn't even know about the ruling that states had the option to reject Federal programs like that. Christ. I agree, our Social Security is going to disappear by the time we're eligible to benefit from it. What a mess.
Saladin wrote:Going back to SJW college stuff, I could definitely see how it would be frustrating to be right leaning and go to university. But proud bias is pretty rare, and it's also department dependent. Economics tends to be filled with Libertarian fuckwads, for example. I used to work for them.

To me, it's all about the merits. What are SJW types actually proposing?

Is it body cams on cops? Because I think that's a great idea. Is it more inclusion for women in STEM education? I'm for that too. There were literally like 10 girls in my entire Computer Science graduating class, and they were definitely creeped on or otherwise made to feel unwelcome.

Put bluntly, if they wanna fuck about on Tumblr with "cis white scum" comments, I don't really care. We're all assholes online. Their opponents are MUCH worse.

What I care about instead is larger conversations about actual facts and issues.
Fair enough, I don't really have anything sustantial to comment on here. I've only experienced "slutwalks", body positivism types, radical feminists, MRA assholes, and BLM. Basically just gender and race related, and the loud, obnoxious versions of these movements mind you. When I think of SJW these are the people I think about. Generalizing is bad, I know and I understand.

I honestly don't care what people post online either but I just don't like the double standards in some cases. A girl or zi or whatever the fuck can say "all cis white men must die!" and get thunderous applause for it. If a guy says "dumb fat bitch" to a woman they are instantly demonized to the point of possibly getting fired, or in the UK, threatened to be arrested. I personally just shrug but the media perception is hard to take seriously on a case by case basis like this.

Oh, I'm not right wing, I just don't like being forced to only look at one side of an argument in every course I take. I'm a mutt. I just get called 'alt right' online all the time when I disagree with someone, and I still don't even know what that means.
Saladin wrote:Like, here's one, feminists lobby for better representation in games. Blizzard makes a game like Overwatch that appeals to more people, everyone's happy. Seems like a win-win to me.
This one I still am not entirely buying but yeah, Blizzard did a good thing with diversity in Overwatch. Anita still made a video complaining about it though, this falls under the """"""""""""""""""problematic"""""""""""""""""" body shaming category now in games. Even though I disagree with about 99.9% of everything that comes out of her mouth, I still watch her videos just to hear what she has to say. I listen to both sides which is something I think a lot of people don't practice anymore, aka our current election.

Seriously, when is enough going to be enough. I agree with diversity but COME ON. -_-
Saladin wrote: A lot of what we see as "PC" now is just the culture changing to be more tolerant. We shouldn't assume that who we are is the best possible version of ourselves. We should be open to the idea that we've been assholes for years and never noticed. Couldn't hurt to at least think about it.
Thinking about it is a good thing, I get it. PC just gets a bad rep from people like me when I get a flyer telling me what to believe in shoved in my face instead of a civil conversation. I wish smarter, well spoken people like yourself would be the ones out there advocating these ideas but based off my personal experiences that isn't the case.
Saladin wrote: That's abstract though. With regards to what you're talking about, I think the real thing that's been lost in this election is fucking reality. Particularly from Trump supporters. People are just living in their own Facebook universes of illuminati Satan conspiracies or are earnestly stupid enough to think we're really going to build a fucking wall.

Our country has a lot of very serious problems. Student debt, bad healthcare, bad infrastructure, Global Warming, you name it. It cannot afford to get caught up bitching about things that don't even exist.
Goddamn dude I busted out laughing so hard after reading the wall comment, I couldn't breathe. I totally agree with your statement btw, it's just the way you worded it. idk, I lost my shit. :lol:

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Fri Oct 21, 2016 04:33

it's not that i think the wage gap or rape culture exists, it's that we, consciously or subconsciously, treat women differently in social situations. again it goes back to things like slut shaming or objectifying women or the "friendzone", which is a huge crock of shit. women do these things too, but it's mostly a problem with guys. we're dudes - we've all heard the shit our friends (and perhaps ourselves) have said and done. that also isn't to say us men don't have our own problems either. there's inequality for both genders. but you can't generalize an entire group based on a bunch of extremists. i don't have links to rational feminists because i frankly don't find this subject all that interesting, but i have talked to them. women who don't want to be degraded for enjoying sex, or women who don't want to be catcalled and harassed by thirsty guys. i can only speak from my perspective and the women i've talked to (e.g. my sisters, my exes, the girl i'm seeing now etc) and i do think it's fucked up. but i think it's fucked up for the same reason we have double standards against men or racial inequality or anything else. i'm a humanist too - i just see feminism and MRA and everything else under that umbrella term.

and frankly i cannot in good conscience support changing social stigmas regarding men without being supportive of women either.

i agree entirely with saladin that we shouldn't ever assume we're the best society we can be and that it's worth having the discussion regardless of your stance.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Oct 21, 2016 05:44

oh, it's a ydte is the bad guy episode, how original. (kidding)
kob wrote:it's not that i think the wage gap or rape culture exists, it's that we, consciously or subconsciously, treat women differently in social situations. again it goes back to things like slut shaming or objectifying women or the "friendzone", which is a huge crock of shit. women do these things too, but it's mostly a problem with guys. we're dudes - we've all heard the shit our friends (and perhaps ourselves) have said and done. that also isn't to say us men don't have our own problems either. there's inequality for both genders. but you can't generalize an entire group based on a bunch of extremists.
This has to be a demographic issue or maybe a social class problem, but go on. I admit to have treated women shitty on this very forum in the past and vice versa. Hell, a few of them tired to kill me at one point. I already admitted generalization is bad concept, which has to work both ways, but no, it won't. I'm not going to feel ashamed of myself since the spotlight is focused on a minimized group of degenerate sexless vagrants controlling our way of life. I have yet to personally speak with or experience a third wave feminist with rational thought and reasonable debate mannerisms. I would say my lesbian friends gave me insight but even they even denounced the movement. That's saying something, since that is what the movement wants. I don't hate women, I don't. I just don't like authoritarian facial pierced banshees conducting our way of life without logical reasoning.
kob wrote:i don't have links to rational feminists because i frankly don't find this subject all that interesting, but i have talked to them. women who don't want to be degraded for enjoying sex, or women who don't want to be catcalled and harassed by thirsty guys. i can only speak from my perspective and the women i've talked to (e.g. my sisters, my exes, the girl i'm seeing now etc) and i do think it's fucked up. but i think it's fucked up for the same reason we have double standards against men or racial inequality or anything else. i'm a humanist too - i just see feminism and MRA and everything else under that umbrella term.

Talked to who?, who is rational in third wave feminism? I'd love to talk to them/hear them out. Out of simple curiosity. I didn't even claim to be humanist, just brought the notion up from mostly lesbian women (the desired target for Anita's squad) I hang out with, and I'm glad you at least looked up the term, but yes, they are umbrella terms. I agree. I can't exactly understand your own life experiences but I'm just reflecting on my own. No one is right or wrong in that context. I hear you dude.
kob wrote:and frankly i cannot in good conscience support changing social stigmas regarding men without being supportive of women either.
Well yeah, of course, that's actual equality. Unfortunately that's not the message that gets relayed to the masses and sadly their ignorance wins over all of our combined logic on this forum. Think about that. I know I'm painted out to be the bad guy all the time but seriously, think about it.
youdiedtooeasily wrote:i agree entirely with saladin that we shouldn't ever assume we're the best society we can be and that it's worth having the discussion regardless of your stance.
What a surprise! I get it, I do. I'm all about free speech and would NEVER oppose discussion on any topic. I like the idea of having an open dialogue on any and every subject, expect pf isn't real life, sadly. I guess it's just where I've been living these past 3 years until now, holy fuck. These are some radical ignorant dumb fucking people that get to vote. I know I'm not the brightest of the bunch, but at least I stand for what I fight for and back it up if needed. I get the whole "let's shit-talk on ydte" angle, again, I'm used to it by this point, but I'm admitting my faults and saluting you guys for bringing up points. I'm still 50/50 on your ideals but I respect the conversation. This doesn't happen where I live so just take that into consideration. I don't have decent, reliable people to bank off of. I just criticize social indifference as I see it. No victim calling card here, I stand behind my opinions just to clarify. Not to sound like a dick, but I still have major concerns of censorship of the internet due to this cultural takeover, not gonna lie. I may not say things in your favor but I still have the right to. As a potential film artist, I mind as well kms, but that's a different story.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Fri Oct 21, 2016 06:51

no one is shitting on you man don't take the tone in any of our posts more than just neutral discussion. i know it's easy on this subject to seem like you're being attacked from some kinda moral high ground but that's not anyone's intention here.

it just seems like we're discussing two different things. i completely agree that the feminism that gets "relayed to the masses" is fairly ludicrous. it's very radical and exaggerated and a lot of bullshit (e.g. wage gap) gets perpetuated. they're only making the problem worse for themselves. i honestly don't even know what third wave feminism is. i've been speaking strictly from the definition of a feminist and the actual issues. the people i mentioned are self-proclaimed feminists and they all have very rational opinions on it. it can be emotionally charged, as expected, but they're never like the prototypical "feminazi." they've told me their experiences and when i really thought about it i realized i completely agreed. and tbh it's easy not to see because it's socially programmed into a lot of us, but when i look back at the conversations i've heard and been apart of i can really notice it.

that said, this is all just our experiences and our views will vary based on that. you've had some bad ones it seems and i can understand why you react and feel the way you do.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 16:12

Well I like rape so I'm gonna vote for Trump.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Jon0101
Mancubus

Post by Jon0101 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 18:53

youdiedtooeasily wrote:Welcome back from the dead!

Thanks for your input. I find the scariest part is in 4-8 years there won't be an internet since it will be entirely censored and policed beyond repair. I'm generally rather neutral on most topics but I am a huge advocate for freedom of speech and despise censorship. I think places like 4chan and the deep web are a crucial component to our society and there is undeniable proof around the globe of freedom of speech being threatened.
I think the biggest censorship thing (that isn't from a government that is doing all it can do to silence their people,) is probably what youtube is doing. They are doing it to become more Ad friendly. It's more like they are disney-ifying youtube. I still think we are a few years away from another company being able to support a huge network of video hosting, but I can see youtube being forced into more competition.

youdiedtooeasily wrote: I like the thought of the transfer of power every 4 years, that's a nice system. But when you "pass the baton" from a corrupt asshole to another corrupt asshole, that only operates for self interest instead of the glaring societal issues you've mentioned, it becomes an absurd joke and hard to take seriously. Nothing really gets done, it's all talk and no follow through. They just want those checks for life and satisfaction to their colossal egos.
No matter how big the ego they still need to push through some laws that the voters wants, so really the horrible ness of current political situation is probably from the apathy of the voters.
youdiedtooeasily wrote: I agree 100%. Racial tension is at a boiling point (BLM, Islam), political correctness has overstayed its welcome, the definition of "sexist", "racist" and "bigot" have lost their meaning due to improper over-usage, classwar I'm not too familiar with but will look into it, the misinformed presentation of these problems is completely the medias fault yet no one will come out and admit it, SJW takeover of college campuses is making people dumber after they graduate, students are not learning, just being told how to think and talk and professors have severely limited what they read and watch to force a narrative (even the college I go to is doing this and it pisses me the fuck off), safe spaces, trigger warning crap.
The race relations is not that big of a boiling point. It's really unlikely there is a going to be another civil war. Even the rioting that is happening is not getting that big as Watts in 1960's or Los Angeles in 1992. Hell in the USA crime Peaked in 1993, and has fallen until the last few years where it went up a smidge, so we are as safe now as we were in the 1960's.

When compared to some parts of the internet. Radio, and Television are showing off their in ability to engage their listeners, they have always been like that, but nobody had anything to compare it to before.

The Trigger warning stuff, and Social Justice Warriors people. I don't see that being a thing in most science classes. If there were any classes that need warnings about stuff, it would have be History, Philosophy, Literature, Politics, Video production stuff. That stuff can be really dangerous in the wrong hands. I went though college just before Trigger warnings had a name, but I defiantly was presented with warning on certain subjects.
youdiedtooeasily wrote: I suppose you have a point if another recession happens. I don't feel like the economy is getting better but perhaps it is the "business squeeze" putting us in the stranglehold.
The recession is complicated. You have the baby boomers leaving their peak production time and going on social security. Automation is taking more jobs. China did take a percent, but then once automation hits that country they will lost those jobs, or those jobs will move to another country. Like of like how electronics went from Japan, to China, to now korea (samsung) maybe africa, or Latin America is next. Also Americans work too hard. Like we though everybody would have like 30 hour work weeks, back in the 1940's but instead we just let a lot of people not have jobs and those who do have jobs kept the 40 hour work weak.

Businesses want to have high profit margins. Labour is the most expensive part of most businesses, so cutting hours but still overworking a person from lack of having a lot of employees is a thing. Also you have people working 2 jobs and 60 hour work week, but no over time, that's another thing.
youdiedtooeasily wrote: I'm going to watch the debate tonight and probably immediately be inclined to drink heavily afterwards. I'm down to vote on proposals, I just don't think I could live with myself voting for either God Emperor or Killary to put it kindly.

Thanks for providing the list though, I'll check it out.
They are both kind of reto, you have to remember that the biggest voting block in the US is the elderly. So it makes sense that these two famous people, who have been around for years , would run because they are the most recognizable faces.
Hi! I like fun, and I like posting stuff, and I'm a information addict.
Quack wrote:Daylight Savings is a sale

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Nov 07, 2016 04:43

I did my homework, gonna do a huge post about my beliefs on said prior subjects. It may be a few days since this current advanced screenwriting course I'm taking is kicking my ass. But yeah, it's happening. I'm gonna break it all down one by one and give my final thoughts on varying social and political subjects.

Some I'm sure we'll meet in the middle and others y'all will still give me shit but it's all gravy baby, y'all have been giving me shit for over a decade. I don't bitch out by claiming victim, I actually encourage your opposing ideas and embrace them since it leads to an actual discussion.

All I gathered from this current fuckfest of an election is what do I really stand for I guess. I think I have it figured out. Coming soon to a thread near you.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 05:09

jk Y'all, this country is a fucking joke.

I have no idea what happens next, but there's literally no positive outcome.

kob
CyberDemon

Post by kob » Wed Nov 09, 2016 05:12

this is fucking insane. it's brexit all over again. all the polls were wrong. god damn.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed Nov 09, 2016 05:34

283 Trump
255 Clinton

THE GODDAMN WALL IS REAL PEOPLE.

:lol: x420