What is your cell phone history?

General discussion.
Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

What is your cell phone history?

Post by Quack » Thu Nov 17, 2016 01:43

In order from oldest to newest:

LG flip phone
LG Chocolate
LG Keybo
iPhone 4
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
Moto G
iPhone 6
Nexus 5
Nexus 6p
iPhone 6s Plus

My favourite was the LG Chocolate. Shit was so fashion.
Attachments
IMG_0012.JPG

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Re: What is your cell phone history?

Post by kob » Thu Nov 17, 2016 01:57

Motorola Razr (the Verizon version)
Motorola Droid
Motorola Droid 2 (I think?)
Galaxy S3
HTC M8
Galaxy S6
iPhone 6S

I can't remember if i got a Droid 2 (or if there even was one) between the original and the S3, but i remember being really stubborn about switching to touch screen at the time.

I'd say my favorite phone is honestly the iPhone right now. part of that is because with the past few Android phones I've owned I'd get a slow charging issue a year into its lifespan. there's some functionality I miss about Android phones, but I rarely use my phone beyond texting, calling and internet browsing. I find that I much prefer the UI of an iPhone for that kinda stuff. plus I wasn't really stoked on any of the Android phones available when I went to upgrade. it was between the Galaxy S7 and the newest HTC & LG phones. I was kinda bored of the Samsung phones, I had a bad experience with the M8 and the LG phone was wayyyy too big. all that said, I'm sure I'll consider an Android phone once my upgrade is available because I like changing things up and the iPhone 7 is garbage.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Nov 17, 2016 05:11

I honestly don't even know the names of the phones I've had.

I've stuck with Droid the past 6 years, no complaints. When I go in for an upgrade I'm like: "What's the best Droid?", "This one!", "Sold!"

I have whatever the most recent Droid Razr Maxx version is, I love it. The rest of my family has iPhones and they always complain about them so I just stick with Droid, never had a problem at all with them. They even mocked me when I went in for an upgrade recently since my last phone I had for 4 years without replacing. idk maybe I'm lucky or something, I've loved all my Droid phones.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 05:25

I've had:

Some ungodly Samsung flip phone.
Motorola Juke (mp3 player+phone back when that was cool)
Droid 2, first smartphone. Loved the physical keyboard then.
Droid Ultra, first legit smartphone, fell in love with swype
Nexus 6P, current phone, loving it so far

I've sort of become addicted to Android functionality. I barely use regular computers for anything but work or gaming.

All the posts you see I almost exclusively do with my phone, even the really long ones.

I used to be pretty chill with my smartphone usage, the battery wouldn't die for days. Now I'm like one of those stereotypical millennials that constantly has my phone on life support. It's practically an extension of my body.

It's not healthy.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Thu Nov 17, 2016 16:58

I went from iPhone to android to iPhone to android to iPhone. I keep wanting androids for the customization and widgets and retro game emulators. Then I keep wanting iPhones because of the dependability and stability (in my experience, my androids have crashed and froze a lot more than iPhones). Endless cycle. GAH

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Nov 18, 2016 19:05

Samsung flip phone
Samsung flip phone
samsung rogue
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5c
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 20:12

My experience with iPhones has been that they're great, until they're outdated, in which case literally nothing will work. And they're good, unless you want to do anything even slightly different than what they were designed for.

My experience with people who own them is, they're never unhappy with them, but they seem to be settling pretty freaking hard. None of the core features work as well, the app store sucks, even doing simple shit like taking things on or off the phone is tedious and assumes the use is some kind of criminal, and you live in perpetual fear of either not keeping up with, or actually updating to, the next OS version.

All this, and their main marketing claim, that they're "innovative," if the thing they're worst at. They basically don't do anything unless someone else proved it worked first. And the things they *do* invent, Siri, no removal batteries, removing the headphone jack, are either of seriously dubious usefulness or actually damage the value of the product.

They definitely are more stable. Android is a fucking mess.

But you pay a high price for that stability.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Nov 18, 2016 21:55

Apple faggot machine
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE