The Marijuana Thread

General discussion.
Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

The Marijuana Thread

Post by Quack » Fri Feb 17, 2017 20:57

Hey homies. I recently started smoking weed. A guy I've been seeing smokes it all the time and I eventually tried it and found that it made me feel super chill, relaxed, and happy. So I've been smoking his stuff all the time, which is always indica or an indica hybrid. I'm new to marijuana in general, but I've learned that Indica makes you chill and Sativa makes you more alert. My friend from back home in Ontario told me an easy way to remember is Indica = InDaCouch lmfao.

So 2 days ago I decided to buy weed for myself. I went to a medical dispensary where all they require is photo ID and you to sign a form and they will sell you weed. They have different strains every day, and sell at a flat rate of $10 per gram. Each strains of the day have a name and show how much THC and CBD is in each.
Here's their website: https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/canna ... resden-row

Anyways, this has become a big part of my life now, and I've been learning a lot about it and wanted to share and discuss stuff with you guys. For example, I watched a documentary about drugs and apparently the less CBD there is, the more possibilities of having hallucinations and other negative symptoms (psychosis, paranoia, etc).

DISCUSS!!!

Do you smoke weed? How much does it cost per gram where you live? How strict are the laws where you live? Do you think smoking weed is safe? Tell me all your thoughts.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: The Marijuana Thread

Post by Saladin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 21:10

Don't we already have a drugs thread?

I don't smoke pot very much anymore because the gf doesn't like it, and it tends to make me paranoid and anxious rather than relaxed. It's finally legalized here in Cali though, so that might change.

The main thing I like about it is getting crossfaded. Being just a little drunk and just a little high is the greatest feeling in the world. It's a delicate, dangerous balance though.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Feb 17, 2017 21:55

When I smoked I enjoyed Sativa blends the best. As for individual strains, Sour Diesel and Hawaiian Kush (pink hairs) got me high as shit. I was thinking about getting a card due to my military medical records and various muscle tears/insomnia but idk, I think I’m done with getting high in a general sense.*

* - I still once in a great while get an eighth and blaze it up on a weekend or something but that’s a rarity these days. I just get super lazy and don’t get anything done except smoke all day and I hate myself when I waste entire days like that. If I’m at a party and not driving, I won’t turn it down if offered for instance but I’m not necessarily looking for it either. If I dated a chic who smoked I wouldn’t mind if there is some level of moderation involved, ideally an artistic type that likes to smoke on the side before she paints or watches something is fine. 24/7 stoner gamer girl is a no.

Good for you though man, I had my glory days with bud and smoked my fair share with no regrets. 420blazitupbruh. I went to visit family in Sac-town and noticed a lot of my relatives had cards and went in and bought this insanely good herb at almost street value, I was impressed. I would be way too tempted to spend too much, I can just tell. Cool concept though, I don’t see what the big deal about weed is and I’ve been saying that for years. Hell, even when we went to the store you could smoke a joint in the smoking area; I was like where the fuck was this when I was younger!

We have had a lot of threads about this topic but fuck looking back all those years ago. Anyway, to answer your question good sir:

I’ve never bought in just straight up grams but I’d say average is $15-20 for chronic. Probably like $5 for dirt shit. I usually buy an eighth at $50 for decent shit and $60 for the really stronger strains. A Quarter usually goes for $80-100 depending on quality. A Zip (ounce) is generally $300. These are AZ street prices though, I don’t know how much dispensary stuff goes for out here. When I lived in/visit Cali, you could get an eighth of insanely good shit for like $30 on the street, idk how they did it. Fuck I missed those days.

The laws in AZ are still pretty strict but they’ve been getting more lenient about it year after year, I think they’ll copy California’s laws on it eventually. I think smoking weed is safe as long as you’re in your own home doing whatever. I hate seeing people getting super high and driving or people high at their jobs (even though I am so guilty of this in my past I can’t stand it now). I just don’t think it’s this super taboo crazy thing people make it out to be. It’s a plant. You set it on fire. It has effects. Oh brb, almost left the house without my gun, how silly of me! Oh, and my cigarettes! Hopefully there was a joke in there.

Ah yes, moderation is key, well said Salad. A tricky balance indeed.

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Fri Feb 17, 2017 22:33

I forgot to mention that it helps me with my pain management, I have lumbar levo-scoliosis and osteoarthritis. Plus general anxiety bullshit like everyone else. I honestly smoke a bowl once a day seems like.

Thank you for sharing guys, I LOVE LEARNING

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri Feb 17, 2017 22:46

So how are dispensary prices compared to street value in your area? I always wonder this for some reason. I can do the cost conversion on my own, just curious. Oh and also, preferred method of blazing up? I was always a bong person and have gone through several, I just like taking two or three good hits and being good for a while. I still have a pipe but it feels like it takes forever to get a decent high when I use it. (2 - 3 bowls)

Quack
Baron of Hell

Post by Quack » Fri Feb 17, 2017 23:04

I use a pipe because I find it easier to use than a bong or to roll joints. I find I get a satisfactory high from just 1 bowl. Street prices in my city are around the same as the dispensary. $10/gram is pretty much standard here. I've only ever bought once and from the dispensary, but my friends say street price is generally the same. Everybody loves the dispensary now though because you know you're getting legit shit, plus they both weigh it and bag it in front of you. I like the names of the strains too. I bought one called "help me" lmao so weird.

Also the legality of this dispensary is extremely iffy. These are not medical professionals, and the possession of marijuana is illegal here. They actually got everyone arrested a couple weeks ago at this dispensary, but they're back up and running. Seems like "exercising your right to use medicinal marijuana" is winning.

I actually found he article about it.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia ... rug-search

Seems the arrests were for a connection to trafficking. Such a formality. I wonder when the law and marijuana will work itself out here. But I love that I can get it like this right now without needing a "green card"!

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 23:58

i do partake in the marijuanas regularly (i.e., most nights a week). i never used to until i moved to oregon and it became legal. 9 times out of 10 i'd rather get high than drink nowadays. getting high regularly is something i can do (relatively) consequence free unlike drinking, which makes me feel shitty the next day and eats at your wallet much quicker. seriously a vape is a godsend. i got an Arizer Extreme Q about a year ago and it saves you so much cash. i can get high off the same bud about 4-6 times before having to pack a new bowl.

regarding anxiety: i used to have it really bad when i first started but something just clicked one day and i stopped. like a realization that it was all bullshit. i'm not gonna get busted because it's legal, no one gives a shit if you're high or not and i most definitely wasn't going to die. been anxiety free ever since.

regarding dispensary prices: $10-14 a gram is about normal, but keep in mind it's all top shelf shit. i usually get 22-26% THC bud for about $50/eighth. not sure how that compares to street prices.

also the crossfade is definitely a fine line. it can be amazing or absolutely miserable. for me it's like 2 beers and my usual amount of toking to hit the sweet spot.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sat Feb 18, 2017 00:25

I guess that's the disadvantage of being a bong owner most of my life, I went through stashes pretty quickly but got rekt. I've only tried the Volcano vape and yeah it seemed like a small bowl lasted forever. I still love getting drunk but I would rather be high, I just don't trust myself to go back to smoking it regularly because I think I'll overdo it. I know exactly how much I need to drink to get a good buzz so I make it more cost effective I guess haha and don't suffer from hangovers, yet.

I never had the anxiety issues when I first started blazing so that's interesting to hear from both of you. That's great that you are anxiety free, I only got that way on certain pills like xanax as an example.

Those prices are awesome compared to out here and very similar to what I used to pay in Sac on the street. $50 an eighth for high quality bud is awesome, out here it would be at least $60 and possibly get "taxed" by a dealer or counting stems as part of the weight (those evil bastards). I think the more pot friendly states like Cali and Oregon are the reason why better quality bud is cheaper as a whole, so good for you man.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Feb 19, 2017 18:57

I don't need weed because Jesus is my drug.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE