Half-Life: The Movie - What do you want?

For Half-Life and related games, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Portal etc.

Moderator: Wester547

halflifethemovie

Half-Life: The Movie - What do you want?

Post by halflifethemovie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 19:00

Hello Half-Life fans,

I am a Hollywood screenwriter/producer currently adapting the video game Half-Life into a big budget feature film. I am preparing to pitch the script to Valve within the next 3 to 12 months and then to major studios thereafter. I am fully aware of the fan bases instability with the idea of a Half-Life film. Every video game based film to this day has either been crap or has completely turned its back on the fans that made the property/brand popular in the first place. However, i am willing to take a break from my busy schedule to give this a try and see if me and my partners can make a fantastic Half-Life film.

Valve Software has refused dozens upon dozens of offers from people like me from Hollywood. However, i believe i and my partners have the understanding and patience to make Half-Life: The Movie as compelling, innovative and interesting as the game was when it was first released.

While i have down plenty of work, research and writing already on this subject, i figured the next logical step would be to connect with as many fans as possible and see what they love about Half-Life and what they think should translate to a feature film.

Now, please, leave the "Half-Life shouldn't be a movie" or "Gordon shouldn't talk" discussion out of this. I have been through these steps already and trust me, i have enough projects and work to do, that if there is any hint that this film cannot be done right, it won't happen. I am sure Valve will just tell me know anyways if they don't like it. So Valve will be the judge of whether it should be done or not. I am not here to piss off a fan base numbering in the millions. The Half-Life fans are going to be the ones to spread the word. If this film is as good as i plan for it to be, the fans will spread the word.

Just so everyone knows, this is an adaption of the first Half-Life game. The central character is indeed Gordon Freeman. Barney Calhoun does have a speaking role in the script, however it only lasts for about 4 to 6 pages.

So, answer me these questions. What do you like about the story of Half-Life? What was it about the experience that brought you in and kept you there?

Also, what are your ideas for a Half-Life film?

Give me any concerns you may have here... the more feedback, the better.

All i ask it that you keep your posts mature and orderly. This is a serious project so i need serious ideas and concerns.

Thanks,
Your friendly Hollywood Producer
Last edited by halflifethemovie on Sat Apr 05, 2008 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Re: Half-Life: The Movie - What do you want?

Post by Gordon Frohman » Sat Apr 05, 2008 19:08

Lol'd.

Yeah right.
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Sat Apr 05, 2008 23:33

hey baby

do you wanna have a fucking baby

on a serious note:

gtfo trollfag

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Sun Apr 06, 2008 02:10

I would lol if that was like

Steven Spielberg
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Apr 06, 2008 02:20

You should have a scene where Gordan Freeman takes a shit on Frohman's chest and then rubs it in with his butt.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon

Post by Gordon Frohman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 02:57

I am not one for Cleveland Steamers.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Apr 06, 2008 03:01

Gordon Frohman wrote:I am not one for Cleveland Steamers.
No, not you, the real Gordon Frohman.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Sun Apr 06, 2008 03:05

THAT'S FUNNY YOUR IP PLACES YOU IN VIRGINIA
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Apr 06, 2008 03:07

Saladin wrote:THAT'S FUNNY YOUR IP PLACES YOU IN VIRGINIA
Doesn't the forum Vampire live there?

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon

Post by Gordon Frohman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 03:38

Haha, yeah, Urra lives in Tazewell or some shit.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Apr 06, 2008 03:54

Gordon Frohman wrote:Haha, yeah, Urra lives in Tazewell or some shit.
2 more days and I find out where you live, I'll stoplooking if you stop with Urra.

halflifethemovie

Post by halflifethemovie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 04:03

You don't need to live in Hollywood to work in Hollywood. However i do live in Hollywood. Another forum checked my IP and said i was in Texas. I checked my own IP and it says i am in North Carolina. So don't trust the IP. Last time i checked, i lived and worked in Hollywood, CA.

I have posted this same message on Half-Life Fallout and Halflife2.net and got better results (naturally they were reluctant to believe i am from Hollywood). I don't feel like repeating my other messages as well. Feel free to find my topics on those forums and come back and give me some thoughts, feedback and ideas.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Sun Apr 06, 2008 04:06

halflifethemovie wrote:You don't need to live in Hollywood to work in Hollywood. However i do live in Hollywood. Another forum checked my IP and said i was in Texas. I checked my own IP and it says i am in North Carolina. So don't trust the IP. Last time i checked, i lived and worked in Hollywood, CA.

I have posted this same message on Half-Life Fallout and Halflife2.net and got better results (naturally they were reluctant to believe i am from Hollywood). I don't feel like repeating my other messages as well. Feel free to find my topics on those forums and come back and give me some thoughts, feedback and ideas.
then theyre fucking idiots, you're a troll and you fail at it.

please gtfo

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon

Post by Gordon Frohman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 04:20

Mr. Smith wrote:
Gordon Frohman wrote:Haha, yeah, Urra lives in Tazewell or some shit.
2 more days and I find out where you live, I'll stoplooking if you stop with Urra.
I like Urra, what am I doing with him? I have no problem with him.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:38

Here's a ready-made script:
John Freeman who was Gordon Freemans brother was one day in an office typing on a computer. He got an email from his brother that said that aliens and monsters were attacking his place and aksed him for help so he went.
John Freeman got his computer shut down and wet on the platform to go up to the roof of the building where he left his motorcycle and normal people close because he was in his office lab coat. John Freeman got on his motorcycl and said "its time for me to live up to my family name and face full life consequences" so he had to go.
John Freeman ramped off the building and did a backflip and landed. He kept driving down the road and made sure there was no zombies around because he ddint have weapon.
The contrysides were nice and the plants were singing and the birds and the sun was almost down from the top of the sky. the mood was set for John Freemans quest to help his brother where he was. John Freeman looked around the countrysides and said "its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys".
John Freeman was late so he had to drive really fast. A cop car was hiden near by so when John Freeman went by the cops came and wanted to give him a ticket. Here John Freeman saw the first monster because the cop was posessed and had headcrabs.
"I cant give you my lisense officer" John Freeman said
"Why not?" said the headcrab oficer back to John Freeman.
"Because you are headcrab zombie" so John Freeman shot the oficer in the head and drove off thinking "my brother is in trouble there" and went faster.
John Freeman had to go faster like the speed of sound and got there fast because Gordon needed him where he was. John Freeman looked at road signs and saw "Ravenholm" with someons writing under it saying "u shudnt come here" so John Freeman almost turned around but heard screaming like Gordon so he went faster again.
John Freeman drove in and did another flip n jumped off his motorbike and the motor bike took out some headcrab zombies infront of John Freeman. John Freeman smiled and walked fast. John Freeman then looked on the ground and found wepon so he pickd it up and fired fast at zombie goasts in front of a house.
John Freeman said "Zombie goasts leave this place" and the zombie goasts said "but this is our house" and John Freeman felt sorry for them becaus they couldnt live there anymore because they were zombie goasts so he blew up the house and killed the zombie goasts so they were at piece.
Then John Freeman herd another scream from his brother so he kept walking really faster to get where he was. Ravenholdm was nothing like the countrysides there was no birds singing and the pants were dead and teh dirt was messy and bloody from headcrabs.
When John Freeman got to where the screaming was started from he found his brother Gorden Freeman fightin the final bosss and Gordon said "John Freeman! Over here!" so John Freeman went there to where Gordon Freeman was fighting. John Freeman fired his bullet from teh gun really fast and the bullets went and shot the final boss in the eyes and the final boss couldnt see.
Gordon Freeman said "its time to end this ones and for all!" and punched the final boss in the face and the final boss fell. John Freeman said "thanks i could help, bro" and Gordon Freeman said "you should come here earlier next time" and they laughed.
The laughed overed quickly though because John Freeman yelled "LOOK OUT BRO!" and pointed up to the top of the sky. Gordon Freeman looked up and said "NOO! John Freeman run out of here fast as you can!" and John Freeman walked real fast out.
John Freeman loked back and saw Gordon get steppd on by the next boss and he was mad and angry.
"I'll get you back evil boss!" John Freeman yelled at the top of lungs.
to be continued..?
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x