New Black Mesa (Black Mesa Source) trailer!

For Half-Life and related games, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Portal etc.

Moderator: Wester547

Wester547
Spider Mastermind

New Black Mesa (Black Mesa Source) trailer!

Post by Wester547 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 09:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGlhgVz5r6E

I think Chapstick will be one to agree with me in the immediate moment that it seems, judging by this trailer, that the wait has been of merit for the mod in question. This trailer of late is rather diverging from the teaser (the teaser was a lot less action-oriented and more about fleeting glances, even though I think we've seen enough of Half-Life in a terms of sheer action), though, as the teaser maintained a similar, authoritative presence but without being cheating yet brief in nature. Yet this one manages to make me fear what I don't see rather than what I do. In a good way. But that's a might bit extraneous. In any case, I think outside of some underpar voicework (not that I could do better, and I still applaud the modders for what they're doing... plus, there's still room to improve upon that facet, on reason of that) this looks absolutely fantastic. Those G-Man model shots are made of win, as is the Gargantua one at the end. It's been over a 4 year wait and as a rather large Half-Life fan I've never flown into such an excitement.

Thoughts, anyone?

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Re: New Black Mesa (Black Mesa Source) trailer!

Post by Cowardly » Thu Dec 04, 2008 17:35

oh
my
goodness

that was a fantastic trailer and man did it bring back memories.
I remember every bit they showed and if any are left out i will be >:3

Your comment on the voice acting: They are the same voices as the original - the one thing i would not change, in all honesty. I hope you can still ruin that guys pie.

Maybe the marines can move and shoot at the same time now.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind

Post by Wester547 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 19:37

It's a new batch of voice actors (from the team behind the mod itself, if I recollect), to my knowledge and recollection. I don't think they quite capture the host of the emotions of the original voice actors (Mike Shapiro, etc), but I'm indubitable that there's still room enough for improvement upon that, as stated. If anything, this mod gives allowance to improve upon many of the shoddy aspects of the original game - the lack of creativity in the marines (on my view) and the lack of attention to character (outside of the G-Man and Barney, for me) comes to mind as some great ideas for improvement to call into question besides the more obvious.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Thu Dec 04, 2008 19:56

Yah this looks quite nice, might have to buy the Orange Box for PC.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE