Review: Tomb Raider: Underworld (360)

For Xbox and Xbox 360 software and hardware talk.
Damondo
Arachnotron

Review: Tomb Raider: Underworld (360)

Post by Damondo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 13:57

Storyline: 9/10
Tomb Raider: Underworld, also known as Tomb Raider 8, is the eighth game in the Tomb Raider series, released on 18 November 2008 in North America and on 21 November 2008 in Europe. It is the third game in the series developed by Crystal Dynamics.

It resumes the adventure from where Tomb Raider: Legend left off and addresses elements of the plot left unexplained in Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

Graphics: 9/10
Lara looks amazing in this game. Her outfits, especially the wet suit are the bomb. All the environments looks awesome.

Sound: 8/10
Maybe its the default setting but I had difficulty listening to some of the characters speak due to high music output. A brief change of the sound settings quickly addressed the issue.

Gameplay: 9/10
The controls are fluid but I feel there could have been some improvement. To move just the slightest bit forward/backward you can easily overshoot to your death. Easily remedied after playing for a while but still its a drag.

Her other movements, vaulting, somersaults, etc. are great. All of her movements were motion captured to give it that real life touch.

The puzzles are exactly what you would expect from the TR series. They do not let you down.

Major Pro's:
If you love TR and all its merits you will enjoy this game very much. Highly addictive.

Major Con's:
Autotargeting bats. Yes, the bats that fly at night. Never once have I seen such crappy arm movement in a character. Almost unrealistic.

The game is short. Can easily be beaten in 1-2 sittings.

Overall: 9/10
Again, if youre a fan you will enjoy this game in its entirety. The only real issue is that the game is short. Not a fan but looking for a fun game to play? Not a good investment of 60 bucks. Either wait until you can buy it used or rent it.

Thatoneguy
Imp

Re: Review: Tomb Raider: Underworld (360)

Post by Thatoneguy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 20:04

i play this game for one thing and one thing only....
Wet suit :P
*Made by me*