Modding tips please!

Talk about modding Oblivion.
KingCasper

Modding tips please!

Post by KingCasper » Sun Oct 07, 2007 22:54

Okay. So I have a few mod ideas for TES4, but i'm not that experienced of a modder, so i was hoping you guys could help me with stuff like how to connect an exterior building with the interior cell, how to make an NPC that can teach a skill, how to link two seperate interior cells with a door. Also i know i probably wont be able to, but can anyone tell me how to make brand new interior rooms/hallways/buildings?
The answers to these questions, and any additional tips would be very very appreciated.
Thanks everyone!

samuelmonaghan_aussie
Spider Mastermind

Re: Modding tips please!

Post by samuelmonaghan_aussie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 02:47

Sorry, but the only mods I know how to do are Creating spells and skill and modding their magika and health bonuses/debufs.

Maybe try here they might hawve something about a tutorial or similar

otherwise just google modding tutorials

Sorry i couldnt be of more help =D
Mr Smith wrote:Can we still say cunt even if Chill is still here?

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 03:02

KingCasper wrote:Okay. So I have a few mod ideas for TES4, but i'm not that experienced of a modder, so i was hoping you guys could help me with stuff like how to connect an exterior building with the interior cell, how to make an NPC that can teach a skill, how to link two seperate interior cells with a door. Also i know i probably wont be able to, but can anyone tell me how to make brand new interior rooms/hallways/buildings?
The answers to these questions, and any additional tips would be very very appreciated.
Thanks everyone!
I knew how to do all that in Morrowind, so I guess I could give it a shot in Ob. It's nothing complicated if it's similar to MW (and i don't see why it would have changed.)

One thing that IS hard is that I would have no idea where to begin to communicate these ideas to you via forum. It would be a nightmare, we'll have to communicate some other way or you'll have to watch a tutorial.

But the basic premise of making interior cells and connecting them to outside sources is rather simple actually. Pretty much you just plop down a door in the world, right-click on it and tell the door where you want it to lead to. Making a cell is easy as a menu command, but I don't know which one. But it's pretty much like File->New Cell or something that easy.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Nefneir
Cacodemon

Post by Nefneir » Sun Jul 06, 2008 05:25

Try right clicking on like a wall or somethin and press >tcf.
"GOD CAN"T SAVE YOU NOW!"-Ryu Hyabusa, Awsome Gaiden

azeklor
Demonic Monkey

Post by azeklor » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:40

If you are new to modding, you should check out this tutorial: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/in ... Set_Primer

Thats what got me started 8)

Yo mama so ugly, even MacGyver cant fix her.