Suggestion/Question

Talk about modding Oblivion.
djbeast

Suggestion/Question

Post by djbeast » Mon Jan 28, 2008 02:58

First allow me to say just how incredible Oblivion is :D
Okay, got that done.
I was thinking while downloading some new race mods and companion mods and such, that wouldn't it have been cool if there was a mod that could randomly replace npc's with custom races?
I don't know if it's possible but that would make the game new everytime one played through it.
The more races in the game, the more diverce and new it feels, having 15 new racews is kinda cool, and it also makes the game seem so much bigger.
Another thing was this with companions. I sure would have enjoyed to used a companion I had made myself, from say a custom race and once I had made it, like in normal character creation the companion would show up someplace and join after a conversation.
I don't know if theese things are doable, but after seeing so much being done with mods, then maybe this could be one of them.

Would very much like to hear thoughts on this as I'm sure I can't have been the only one thinking this ^^

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: Suggestion/Question

Post by Saladin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 23:05

Both of these things are very much doable. I don't know how you'd be able to randomize them every time you play, but you could certainly change them by hand. Same goes with companions. That would be a LOT of work however, for NPC's anyway. For companions it would be really simple.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

djbeast

Post by djbeast » Sun Feb 03, 2008 20:09

Hmm okay.
I seem to have a problem getting the npc to show up at all in Oblivion. :( Just can't seem to get them to be show themselfs wherever I try to get them.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Feb 03, 2008 20:11

Maybe you should put on some clothes.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sun Feb 03, 2008 20:17

djbeast wrote:Hmm okay.
I seem to have a problem getting the npc to show up at all in Oblivion. :( Just can't seem to get them to be show themselfs wherever I try to get them.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are you saying you can't find them in-game? If that's the case you might want to try a more static NPC like a shop owner. NPC's run on schedules in Oblivion and they seldom stay in the same place for very long.

djbeast

Post by djbeast » Wed Feb 06, 2008 01:05

After I have changed the race of different random people, some of them include the Argonian female Skaleel and Owyn from the arena bloodworks.
I saved it to a plugin and I activated it and then went ingame, only to find that nothing has changed.
What happend? :think:

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 01:43

Well make sure that you saved the mod correctly. Also make sure that the the order in which the mod loads is such that it loads AFTER the race which you changed them to loads or it won't work. Also, double check the NPC to make sure there aren't multiple references of them, meaning you should probably open the cell they are in and change them that way instead.

The seond step in my suggestion is the most important. If oblivion doesn't recognize the race, it WON'T change them. And if the race mod doesn't load BEFORE the NPC change mod, it won't change them.

I do know that what you are talking about is doable however because I saw someone change that old lady in the bloodworks from a breton to a redguard.

djbeast

Post by djbeast » Fri Feb 08, 2008 14:18

Thank you for all your help.
I don't know if it's something to do with my pc or something but it doesn't work no matter what I try to do.
It should work in theory, but unfortunantly it doesn't :\
I am going to try a clean instalation and see if I can make it work like that.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 19:12

Get the Oblivion mod manager and run its conflict detector. It'll help LOADS.

djbeast

Post by djbeast » Sat Feb 09, 2008 14:43

I finally got it working, after reinstalling it seems to work, dunno what caused the problem.
One thing I don't understand is why the npc's I change stop talking. I mean they talk but with no voice and such.
Is there a way to get them to talk like they used to?

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sat Feb 09, 2008 19:00

Yeah, you just need to assign the voice files back to their convo again. Also, when you reinstalled, did you remove your mods? Because I have a good feeling that a conflict was causing your problem?

djbeast

Post by djbeast » Sat Mar 01, 2008 21:46

I noticed something really strange happening in Oblivion. All the merchants from every city has left their shops and are now gatherd togheter in the Imperial market district and they never leave. Also their inventories arn't half full and they don't have half of what they are susposed to have either, and sometimes they don't sell anything at all. Is this a new thing or have anyone experienced it before?

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Sat Mar 01, 2008 21:56

Lol that's weird...

Go to their shops and steal their stuff.
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

djbeast

Post by djbeast » Sat Mar 01, 2008 22:59

I wouldn't get what I want to buy that way. And besides, I don't steal.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 02:40

That is odd, maybe their schedules are dictated by race somehow.

TBH I'm not very knowledgeable with modding info. You would be better off asking someone else, because that kind of baffles me.