Hiring Oblivion Mod expert

Talk about modding Oblivion.
PhilStenstrom

Hiring Oblivion Mod expert

Post by PhilStenstrom » Tue May 27, 2008 19:43

The dream and nightmare laboratory, situated in the sleep research center of Sacre-Coeur Hospital in Montreal, is currently looking for a TES construction kit consultant/tutor. We are a non-profit, government funded laboratory.

We are currently using virtual reality to explore the relationship between dreaming and memory and have chosen Oblivion as a platform.

We recently have received funds (from the IASD) to hire a consultant to teach me some finer points of the oblivion engine. Tutorial sessions will be given by webcam from your home/studio to my office.

The candidate must be highly knowledgeable in TES construction kit scripting, in particular quest and dialogue management (including new dialogue we have recorded). Salary will depend on experience. Number of hours is to be determined. We hope to start the tutorial sessions as soon as possible.

Some advantages:
-Participate in cutting edge research on virtual reality, dreaming and memory.
-Get credits (as programming consultant) on related publications. Our recent publications include Journal of Sleep Research, Consciousness & Cognition, Sleep and Nature.
-We will offer an official letter of recommendation (reflecting your participation in the current project).

Please send a CV and portfolio/examples of TES work (zip file or url) to p.stenstrom@umontreal.ca

For inquiries reach me at: p.stenstrom@umontreal.ca

Philippe Stenstrom, M.Sc.
Principle investigator, virtual reality and memory research project
Dream and Nightmare Laboratory
Sleep Research Center
Sacré-Coeur Hospital of Montreal
5400, boul. GOUIN ouest
Montreal, Canada, H4J-1C5
FAX: 514-338-2531
p.stenstrom@umontreal.ca

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: Hiring Oblivion Mod expert

Post by Saladin » Tue May 27, 2008 21:52

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Unfortunately, it is against forum rules to advocate or advertise.

If this was a mod recruiting thread it would be a different story, but if it is for job purposes I'm afraid these kinds of threads are not allowed.

But in any case this probably isn't the best site to be looking at because it's more of a casual Oblivion discussion forum rather than an entrenched Oblivion community forum.

Try out the forums at tesnexus

http://www.thenexusforums.com/

You're likely to have much better luck (and arguably, much more talented coders and scripters) from that site than you would from anywhere else.

Good luck. :)
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Thu May 29, 2008 21:37

Saladin wrote:against forum rules to advocate or advertise.
YOU LIE!
Paul wrote:1) a. No multiple accounts, users founding using multiple accounts for malicious or mildly annoying reasons will be banned.
1) b. All existing users with multiple accounts will be given 72 hours to surrender their accounts, for deactivation.

2) Violation of avatar size limits will be met with a warning, continue violation will result in avatars being disabled.

3) Violation of signature size limits will be met with a warning, continued abuse will result in a ban of 48 hours.

4) Excessive posting, considered by a majority of moderators to only be for the purpose of raising post count, will result in a warning, then a post count reset, followed by a ban if required.

5) Mr Smith [WAS] a myth, he [WAS] an urban legend and does not [EAT POPSICLES], and this is official forum policy.

6) Spoilers will not be misused.

7) Other forum users are human beings too, keep that in mind.

8) Thou shalt not use racist slurs and thou shalt try thy very best to avoid prejudicial speech as much as possible.
8a) Yes that includes the n-word, even if you are black.

Additional:

9) No backseat moderators. If you've got an issue, report a post, don't step in and try and moderate yourself, which only makes the situation worse.

10) Making a fuss about the differences between British and American spellings - regardless of which one you are advocating - is a warnable offence. I mean, come on. Jesus.

APPENDIX OF COMMON SENSE :

IF THOU SHOULDST FIND WITH THY SINFUL MIND THAT SOME ACT OF MALICE BE NOT LISTED IN THESE HOLY SCRIPTURES, DO NOT ASSUME YE BE SAFE FROM SWIFT JUDGMENT AND THE STRIKE OF THE HAMMER. INSTEAD, BE PRUDENT AND USE WHAT LITTLE WISDOM THOU MIGHT POSSESS TO GLEAN WHAT FATE MAY AWAIT YOU. SHOULD YOU BE DEVOID OF WISDOM, INTIMATELY COMMUNICATE WITH ONE OF THE DIVINE POWERS AND WE WILL HAPPY TO PROVIDE SOME.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Thu May 29, 2008 22:13

ANIMAL FARRRM
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x