RPG-BlackDragon
Zombie Monkey

[REL]RPG-BlackDragons Oblivion with Shadows

Post by RPG-BlackDragon » Fri Aug 15, 2008 19:37

Pictures of the project:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

For a long time ago I have start my shadow project and now it is partly finish. This mod enables shadowing for some objects in Anvil. Moreover I have written a tutorial for creating shadow casting objects. Furthermore the mod contains a Shaderresource were I have find out which shaders do what, especially by the shadows.

Unfortunately Oblivion doesn't supports so a high amount of shadow casting creatures so I have deactivated some scripts so that at least the houses casting a shadow:

If you test the mod you will understand the bug better. Sometimes the shadows are fading-in and fading-out. This is also caused by the moving NPCs in the near area. Morover big objects doesn't cast a correct shadow or they cast no shadow. You will see on the pictures that they doesn't displayed alway in the right direction.

Another possibility is to scale Oblivion down and make many creatures to one creature so we have only a few shadow-objects. But this is very expensive and would cost much of time so it is better to play Oblivion on the Crysis-Engine. Salenger has showed it with his Oblivion to Crysis Mod.

Anyway you can take part on the poll because someone could find out a way to get this mod working or to do the shadowing with the shaders.

Pictures:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

How do I create shadow casting objects?
Tutorial: Create Shadow-Objects

POLL: RPG-BlackDragons Oblivion with Shadows:
Go to POLL for RPG-BlackDragons Oblivion with Shadows

RPG-BlackDragons Oblivion with Shadows Videos:
View Video of RPG-BlackDragons Oblivion with Shadows: Well!
View Video of RPG-BlackDragons Oblivion with Shadows: Wayshrine!
View Video of RPG-BlackDragons Oblivion with Shadows: Farm!

Download:
Download Oblivion with Shadows