Rome conquered RP

For all your role-playing needs.
Forum rules
This forum is for the purpose of role-playing, remain in character or suffer the consequences.
mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Rome conquered RP

Post by mongoose_01 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 18:46

RP Rules:

1. No god-modding (that includes Jupiter)
2.No killing other peoples characers in a gladiator fight, by execution or choking on doormice (ask them first)
3.Please make these characters and stories realistic. I know the setting is hardly historic, but dont bring in Sikh corner shop owners or astronauts from the future.

Post characters in OOC, lets only have the RP posts in here.

To show you've read the rules, post :vampire: at the start of your first post.

Read the Poll or brainstorm tavern thread for the setting, Ill explain in low detail here.

The RP:

These last few years have been dark times for the Romans. Italian farmers and townsfolk have been forced out of work and into slavery, the foundations of Roman society have been cast out. The Carthaginian rulers loom after their subjects, but are harsh when it comes to punishment.
In my town over the last weeks, there have been two crucifixions and six floggings, the people hardly leave their homes. The occupying troops march regularly around the town centre, drilling in the square and beating local beggars. My own father is ill, and shall not live long under this heatwave that has struck us. I fear for our very world. The end must be near.

I have heard of a group of insurgents known as the Liberti Qui Servunt, the freedmen who serve. I have hopes for joining the LQS and ending the reign of terror in this town of Foggia, and in others like it. But for now I must live my life as usual, travelling to Tarentum every nine days to the market there, and selling our farm produce for scraps. We cannot live like this. We mustn't live like this.
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

Juggernaut
Spider Mastermind

Post by Juggernaut » Fri Mar 09, 2007 19:02

"FIRE!" he heard some one roar out side of his door. Horaticus shot awake, grabbing his bronze shield and horse hair crested helmet, he ran out the door, realising he had forgotten his spear. Cursing under his breath he ran back inside grabbed it, and forced his way through the villagers running for their lives. Through the cloud of smoke he could see the men of the village valiently defending it against the massive force of Carthaginian soldiers. He made his way over there and joined the phalanx. He lowered his spear and rammend it into the chest of a soldier who was advancing. He twisted the spear as he pulled it out to make the wound even bigger, he grinned with satifaction as the blood poured all over the ground. He continued the march with the phalanx, parrying blows and cutting down the enemy force. There were just too many of them, the Spartans broke the phalanx and charged, hoping to catch the enemy off guard.

It worked, the enemy was stunned at the aggressivness of these people. They cut a large path right to the middle, and formed a ring of shields. They stayed in that ring until the Carthaginian soldiers retreated. They gathered the dead and wounded and headed after the villagers, where they were heading, nobody knew.
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:kiddy fiddlers get smashed in prison

Julianos
Baron of Hell

Post by Julianos » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:01

Alicus walked down the isle towards his king.
" Now is the time to start, my lord."
"Good. Grab your armor and bring forty nine spike guardians. Go to the leader of the most powerful nation, whichever that may be, and demand that he bows down to us. If youi are arrested, stay there. If you are killed, stay there. I will bring you back either way." Noctulas said. His boney fingers creaked and grinded while he tapped them on his throne. Two servants came in and whiped off the dust from his skull and his ribs. The lord of the true underlord was awakened. Times for the living would be scarce.

DeltaSnake.Jr.
Lost Soul
Location: In a place where people care for each other, a.k.a, not the current world.

Post by DeltaSnake.Jr. » Sat Mar 10, 2007 17:00

Matthias rode the horse he had stolen in to the town. He let his horse rest at the stable and got off. He proceeded to walk through the crowd, his hood up. He slowly sifted through the crowd as he heard his target, the Carthiginian commander of the area, shouting orders to his men. Matthias would have to get closer without bieng noticed. He noticed a group of people, proably cultists, dressed in black cloaks like him. He tagged along behind, walking like they did as they made their way to the center of the town. Matthias broke off when they reached the center of town by a fountain. His target stood on a pedestal with only two guards with him. That soon changed as one walked away for something. Matthias retreated in to a shadowed alley...

The commander stood in silence as he looked over the town. He took his wine skin and took a hardy drink. Little did he know it would be his last. The arrow shot through the air and through his wineskin in to his skull...

Matthias rode out of the town in silence as the screams of townsfolk could be herd from the commander in the area bieng dead.
Rupert: 2000-2007. May he rest in peace.

Click if you wish to live.
http://world5.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=59212185
KnightofBane wrote:
Saladin wrote:Very, it's all risky and taboo.

Besides, what else would it be? lol

It's not like you're gonna have a serious relationship with a family member.
XM Silver did

why do you think he quit the internet? he lives in Alabama.

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Sun Mar 11, 2007 02:45

:vampire:

"I think I speak for everyone when I say that this is a dark day for the Carthaginians...or perhaps just what they needed." says the tramp to himself drifting around town.

Maximus walks into the throne room formally dressed for the tragic event. He had been selected to be the new leader of the Carthaginians. He couldn't believe it. Why me? I'm just a soldier.

"You, Maximus are a brave soldier who has surpassed many on the battlefield. I am honored to name you the new leader of the Carthaginian Elite."

Maximus straightened up after the ceremony realizing he had an arsenal of loyal and respected soldiers and militia.

"Tonight we will spill the blood of the retched foes who have crossed us and killed our leader. Tonight we light the embers that may begin the blood bath of the new era. We will wash away our enemies and instill fear into their hearts. Join by my side in battle, for whoever did this will pay. and they're village will perish."

Raising his sword to the air, he hears the roars of the brave soldiers and men. We are about to change history forever.
KnightofBane wrote:Impostorzim:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.
Yeeaah... That pretty much sums it up.

Julianos
Baron of Hell

Post by Julianos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 03:19

Alicus walked to Carthage with his spike guardians, and didnt break a sweat. These were no normal humans.At carthage, the followers of noctulas waited outside the royal grounds, not noticing the guards, just standing there, waiting.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:51

Today shall be the day of my judgement. If Jupiter truly thinks that I am good enough, I shall be his, to fight for him against the heathen Carthaginians and drive them from our ancient land.
I walked to the baths, dodging any CM curfew-enforcers on the way there, carrying a bag with my prized possesions and my family's steel gladius. Rounding a street corner, I saw a procession of elite troops, perhaps spanish mercenaries, parading before a large man wearing a jewelled necklace and holding a sceptre in his hand. I caught a few words from his mouth before I scampered past him, something like "As new governor of Foggia, I hereby declare...three hundred...a bolster to the garrison...elite troops, well equipped...". I wondered if perhaps I chose the wrong time to join the LQS. An army was coming to Apulia.

The cellars underneath the baths were dark and damp, an odd smell of algea and lead drifting over from the sewer-pipes. A small doorway, set back into the wall, lay a few yards ahead, with a sign on it. An eagle had an elephant gripped in its talons, with the letters "LQS" emblazoned on its breast-feathers. I knocked.
No answer. I knocked again. Nothing. I tried to remember the words spoken to me by my best friend before he himself joined the rebels.
"Roma victor, etiam subterrania." Rome victorious, even underground. I started to think there was nobody-
"Who speaks these words?"
"It is I, Marcus Primus. I wish to join your ranks."
"Lucius Marcus Primus?"
"Yes."
"Come in."
Gordon Frohman wrote:
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

DeltaSnake.Jr.
Lost Soul
Location: In a place where people care for each other, a.k.a, not the current world.

Post by DeltaSnake.Jr. » Sun Mar 11, 2007 17:08

Matthias sat in the cellar of the tavern where him and his twelve fighters had called home for the past week. Matthias's most trusted warrior, Brutus, came up "Sir, moral is down." Matthias brushed it off "Then we must do more assassinations to rid ourselves of the enemy." Brutus pushed the issue "Sir, they've lost their will to fight." Matthias was mad "You dare question my authority!?! I ccould send you back to the gladiator camp where you came!" Brutus started yelling back "At least as a Gladiator I was given three meals and a bed!" Matthias couldn't believe what he was hearing "How long have you not had enough food?" Brutus calmed down "Three weeks." Matthias started pacing around the room "We'll need employment, I need to find a Spartan commander I've heard of, ask if he'll hire us."

KnightofBane wrote:

XM Silver did

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Mon Mar 12, 2007 13:48

Maximus now the leader of a Carthaginian elite group of militia and select soldiers were armed and prepared when stopped at the bridge. Maximus couldn't get a good look, but he swore their leader appeared to be solely bones. "what is it that you and your men want?"
-"We have come to demand you bow to us immediately in the name of our lord."
-"I believe you are mistaken. We bow to noone."
I bet these have something to do with the death of our squadron leader.

"Then feel our lord's wrath you pitiful fools!"

The oppossers advanced in front of Maximus' men. Before words could be exchanged, blood was. Soldiers on both sides collided right in front of the town gates. Maximus split the head of one man with his buckler as he spun a half circle and slashing the belly of another. The battle was fierce but short. "Keep some alive" Maximus demanded pointing to the wounded survivors. "We will have answers." He was covered in blood as was his companions.
KnightofBane wrote:Impostorzim:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.
Yeeaah... That pretty much sums it up.

Julianos
Baron of Hell

Post by Julianos » Mon Mar 12, 2007 20:29

Alicus walk following the elite guards, and stopped. Willingly, his "life" was made dormant, he fell to the grond, appearing dead. The rest followed.

The day went on, and the guard attempted to burn the bodies. Strangely, the fire has no effect on them. After a while, they gave up and sent them down a river.

DeltaSnake.Jr.
Lost Soul

Post by DeltaSnake.Jr. » Sat Mar 17, 2007 17:19

Matthias and his twelve men rode across the path that lead to a large cities gates. Blood was everywhere across the ground and guards were dragging dead bodies inside the city. He wondered what could be happening.

KnightofBane wrote:

XM Silver did

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 19:27

as the last few passers-by joined the crowd, the messenger spoke out from on top of the raised platform.
"People of Apulia, in the second town of this province, I bring you news from Tarentum. The capital has suffered an attack by bandits and is still reeling from the raid. However, no citizens were harmed, and the city guard fought gloriously for their empire and honour. the attackers were repulsed, and if anyone here sees any shady characters coming into the town in the near future, be warned that any suspects are to be hanged without trial. I would suggest that you do not house any foreigners in the coming months, and keep an eye out for strangers. that is all."

Murmurs from the crowd. Shouts from the back of the mass. shouts supporting the attackers. guards scrambled, drawing swords and pushing away protesters with their shields. a short scream, a child crying. I ran home that day. all the way home, didnt say a word to any friends I saw on the streets. this town was going to be ruined.
I pulled on my leather armour, and grabbed my gladius. Then I headed out for the LQS base, and locked the door.
Gordon Frohman wrote:

Juggernaut
Spider Mastermind

Post by Juggernaut » Sun Mar 18, 2007 16:47

They had been marching for three days straight, but they were not tired. They had been marching towards their capital, but were intercepted by a messenger.
"My lord requests your help," The Messenger panted.
"Why should we help you..?"

DeltaSnake.Jr.
Lost Soul

Post by DeltaSnake.Jr. » Tue Mar 20, 2007 02:13

"Because 'The Shadow' wishes to assist you." The Spartan considered it "Why?" The messenger went in to specifics "He needs to work for you for he needs supplies and a force to protect him." The messenger felt like he was going to die.

Matthias had him and the eleven other men dismount their horses and headed to the tavern cellar door. He walked through and had one of his men lock the door behind him as he waited for the messenger to return. Whenever that might be.

KnightofBane wrote:

XM Silver did

Juggernaut
Spider Mastermind

Post by Juggernaut » Thu Mar 22, 2007 19:25

"Spartans do not sell their services." Horaticus grunted as he signled his men to start marching.
"Wait my lord, if the Carthanigans take Rome, whos to say they won't take Greece?" The messenger pleaded.
"Fine, but i'm not working for your leader."