Gangs of Meseta del Oro (Gangs of the Gold Plateau) RP OOC

For all your role-playing needs.
Forum rules
This forum is for the purpose of role-playing, remain in character or suffer the consequences.
Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Gangs of Meseta del Oro (Gangs of the Gold Plateau) RP OOC

Post by Cowardly » Fri Aug 08, 2008 18:50

Now Bear with me, this is my first try at this kind of thing, if you dislike it so much, it can be re-written by Ransom i guess.-

---------------

In the Hot Sweaty nights of Meseta Del Oro, the city sleeps uneasy. At any moment, their fragile lives could be broken by the Public Protection Forces at any point. Any suspicion, a snitch, true or not, and they would be dragged from their beds and never seen again. The Policía de la Noche were given the responsibility to patrol the streets at night, as well as pile the civilians into large dark vans, named the meat wagons, and drive them to an unknown location.

The Government would not see everywhere, however, the government would always turn a blind eye where necessary. They would not watch the whores on the dirty streets, as long as they stayed in their areas, they would ignore the local beatings, especially when performed by people whose reputation could otherwise suffer if word were to get out about their unsavoury acts.

Yet in the face of adversary, people would come together to achieve similar goals. At first they would begin with simple rebellion, graffiti, resistance. Soon they would gather popularity and become larger, more extreme. They would move onto robbery, military action against the police and terrorism.

After the Government censored TV and Newspapers and banned long range communications, such at the internet and long range phone calls, the city was cut off from the world. The only way they would rouse interest and popularity was through open action and rallies. The Government would make moves to remove the gangs, but they would fail.

The Government would, however, successfully restrict imports to the small city, by enforcing a border around it. With this border they would be able to restrict firearm imports, making any working guns very valuable and any ammunition a very rare find.

Soon the gangs would contest something bigger, they would contest the De Hoyo del la Gente. The one major factor that had remained unknown from the Government, The one part of the city that kept people alive and fed. Under the city there was ore. Gold Ore. Long ago the people had begun to mine the rich natural resource, and the mine had grown.

The gangs new that money lead to power, and they knew that the gold mine meant money. Over the coming weeks and months, the fight for the mine would grow and threaten to consume the city, while the government would struggle to maintain control.-

-----------

This is a Gang based RP. If you would like to enter, i would prefer you to talk on msn or PM me, anyone is welcome but i would prefer people who are willing to stay till the end. We want more then 1 person per gang, preferably 3 people. This limits the amount of groups and is easy to keep track.
Last edited by Cowardly on Fri Aug 08, 2008 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Re: Gangs of Meseta del Oro (Gangs of the Gold Plateau) RP OOC

Post by mongoose_01 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 19:02

I like.

But I'd prefer it set in a sort of semi-renaissance period, rather than having the internet and guns etc.

Still a very cool setting. Much like the Gentleman Bastard series I recommended in the literature thread :rolleyes:
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Sun Aug 10, 2008 00:43

^ lolwut

Also we had a gang rp once, it was pretty fun.
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Sun Aug 10, 2008 09:44

I didnt actually know that.

I'm a bit dissapointed at the lake of entusiasm so far.

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Sun Aug 10, 2008 23:12

THE LAKE OF ENTHUSIASM

samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Mon Aug 11, 2008 09:04

Mrrmmm thanks OB

SO YEAH PEOPLE, POST YOUR CHARACTER AND GET INTO GANGS ALREADY

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 09:13

Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x