Lego Batman? O RLY!?

For PlayStation related topics.
Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Lego Batman? O RLY!?

Post by Impostorzim » Wed Mar 28, 2007 05:04

YA RLY!! :evil:

For some damn reason the dukes at Traveller's Tales and the Dicks at Warner Bros. got together one night and said. "Hey you remember when we made that game about Star Wars with Lego and actually made money? Well...lets do that again, but with Batman."

Aside from the fact that Batman games have sucked since Super Nintendo and still continue to suck to this day, it has also been announced multi-platform but who really cares? Thanks to the enormous sales of the two Star Wars Lego games, you people have gotten these assholes on easy street. They've announced that they plan on other movie licences to become Lego games but are focused on Batman at hand.

The release date is set To Be Announced some time in 2008. Hopefully all of the developers die of heart attacks by then, or we'll be seeing plenty of crappy Lego games in the future. No screenshots are available at the time, but we all know where this is going.

-Your truly.
KnightofBane wrote:Impostorzim:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.
Yeeaah... That pretty much sums it up.

Catherine
Baron of Hell

Re: Lego Batman? O RLY!?

Post by Catherine » Wed Mar 28, 2007 08:14

Impostorzim wrote:YA RLY!! :evil:

For some damn reason the dukes at Traveller's Tales and the Dicks at Warner Bros. got together one night and said. "Hey you remember when we made that game about Star Wars with Lego and actually made money? Well...lets do that again, but with Batman."

Aside from the fact that Batman games have sucked since Super Nintendo and still continue to suck to this day, it has also been announced multi-platform but who really cares? Thanks to the enormous sales of the two Star Wars Lego games, you people have gotten these assholes on easy street. They've announced that they plan on other movie licences to become Lego games but are focused on Batman at hand.

The release date is set To Be Announced some time in 2008. Hopefully all of the developers die of heart attacks by then, or we'll be seeing plenty of crappy Lego games in the future. No screenshots are available at the time, but we all know where this is going.

-Your truly.
I think it's a clever idea, I love batman, and the lego series of games by travellers tales are above standard when compared to other games. I think it's a clever niche in the market they managed to pick up on, it will sell, not as well as the star wars games, but it's an interesting thing that they've picked up :).

Also cos of the fact it uses drop in co-op play (thats a good thing :)) which you may remember from streets of rage, double dragon etc ^_^.

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Wed Mar 28, 2007 08:55

I prefer real lego lol, well i used too. :roll:

but lego racers on the nintendo 64 was pimpin'.

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02

If this saves us from the regular garbage they toss together for movie tie-ins, I'm all for it.

But yeah I don't quite understand the whole Lego gaming fad going on right now.

Paul
Spider Mastermind

Post by Paul » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:38

Microsoft powered LEGO robots for the win. http://msdn.microsoft.com/robotics/

Not too interested in the Batman stuff 8)

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:40

I hope you get paid well for all this shameless Microsoft promotion.

Paul
Spider Mastermind

Post by Paul » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:44

Don't build your own LEGO robot then. :lol:

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:45

Maybe I won't!

^^Piratename^^

Post by ^^Piratename^^ » Wed Mar 28, 2007 16:08

I remember playing that Lego Adventure game on the PC. That was cool. Don't see how a Batman Lego game would go though.
The shit hasn't even begun to hit the fan.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Re: Lego Batman? O RLY!?

Post by mongoose_01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 17:39

Catherine wrote:
Impostorzim wrote:YA RLY!! :evil:

-Your truly.
I think it's a clever idea, I love batman, and the lego series of games by travellers tales are above standard when compared to other games. I think it's a clever niche in the market they managed to pick up on, it will sell, not as well as the star wars games, but it's an interesting thing that they've picked up :).

Also cos of the fact it uses drop in co-op play (thats a good thing :)) which you may remember from streets of rage, double dragon etc ^_^.

drop in co-op!! that was in the ps1 batman revenge game!! or something like that... god that game was mad...I couldnt make out any of the on-screen characters, so I just held down shoot while my brother whacked the baddies :D
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Post by Aliens » Fri Mar 30, 2007 01:05

I like legos..but it kinda loses the feel..when they're not real>.>
I never saw what was so amazing about playing with fake, console legos when it has nothing to do with the story....If it was a game ABOUT legos i could see..but why not take the legos out of batman legos and make a normal batman game..?

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 01:33

Stabbeh wrote:I like legos..but it kinda loses the feel..when they're not real>.>
I never saw what was so amazing about playing with fake, console legos when it has nothing to do with the story....If it was a game ABOUT legos i could see..but why not take the legos out of batman legos and make a normal batman game..?
Batman games never get good ratings thats why. Here are the ratings from the lastest Batman game to the first on the PS/xbox from Gamespot:

-Batman Begins (PSP) = Cancelled
-Batman Begins = 6.8 fair
-Batman Vengeance = 4.5 poor (PC) 7.4 good (xbox)
-Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu = 7.5 good
-Batman Dark Tomorrow = 2.8 terrible
-Batman and Robin = 5.7 mediocre
-Batman Forever: The Arcade Game = 4.7 poor

So basically Batman games never make it over a 'C' ranking so I have no faith in a Legos Batman game. I also have no faith in a Legos anything. I will rip my eyes out if they have Legos Scarface, or Legos Aliens.
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Post by Aliens » Fri Mar 30, 2007 01:35

Impostorzim wrote:
Stabbeh wrote:I like legos..but it kinda loses the feel..when they're not real>.>
Batman games never get good ratings thats why. Here are the ratings from the lastest Batman game to the first on the PS/xbox from Gamespot:

So basically Batman games never make it over a 'C' ranking so I have no faith in a Legos Batman game. I also have no faith in a Legos anything. I will rip my eyes out if they have Legos Scarface, or Legos Aliens.
Add to the list.
-Batman Legos = Failed horribly

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 01:40

I am marking down to dig this back up in a year and seriously add Batman Legos to the list. :twisted:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.

Catherine
Baron of Hell

Post by Catherine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 14:29

Impostorzim wrote:

Not to sound harsh but you obviously don't know anything about sales, A lego batman (not legos thats not a real word :/) will sell as it's by the creators of lego star wars, the only reason the majority of batman games are crap is due to the developers. Batman in lego form will be popular, especially considering how popular lego star wars is with a general audience, as not everyone loves star wars, it's also a good game.