Lego Batman? O RLY!?

For PlayStation related topics.
Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 15:25

Catherine wrote:
Impostorzim wrote:
Stabbeh wrote:I like legos..but it kinda loses the feel..when they're not real>.>
I never saw what was so amazing about playing with fake, console legos when it has nothing to do with the story....If it was a game ABOUT legos i could see..but why not take the legos out of batman legos and make a normal batman game..?
Batman games never get good ratings thats why. Here are the ratings from the lastest Batman game to the first on the PS/xbox from Gamespot:

-Batman Begins (PSP) = Cancelled
-Batman Begins = 6.8 fair
-Batman Vengeance = 4.5 poor (PC) 7.4 good (xbox)
-Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu = 7.5 good
-Batman Dark Tomorrow = 2.8 terrible
-Batman and Robin = 5.7 mediocre
-Batman Forever: The Arcade Game = 4.7 poor

So basically Batman games never make it over a 'C' ranking so I have no faith in a Legos Batman game. I also have no faith in a Legos anything. I will rip my eyes out if they have Legos Scarface, or Legos Aliens.
Not to sound harsh but you obviously don't know anything about sales, A lego batman (not legos thats not a real word :/) will sell as it's by the creators of lego star wars, the only reason the majority of batman games are crap is due to the developers. Batman in lego form will be popular, especially considering how popular lego star wars is with a general audience, as not everyone loves star wars, it's also a good game.
Not to sound harsh, but I didn't say anything about sales. I was pointing out that Batman games over the years have been utter crap and nothing above average with ratings. Of course a lego batman game will sell, but it doesn't change the fact that it will suck. and I don't care about Traveller's Tale's reputation and their experience with this kind of thing, I don't trust the idea of a lego batman game as more than a (creative but) mediocre game.
KnightofBane wrote:Impostorzim:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.
Yeeaah... That pretty much sums it up.

Catherine
Baron of Hell

Post by Catherine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 16:39

Impostorzim wrote:
Catherine wrote:
Impostorzim wrote: Batman games never get good ratings thats why. Here are the ratings from the lastest Batman game to the first on the PS/xbox from Gamespot:

-Batman Begins (PSP) = Cancelled
-Batman Begins = 6.8 fair
-Batman Vengeance = 4.5 poor (PC) 7.4 good (xbox)
-Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu = 7.5 good
-Batman Dark Tomorrow = 2.8 terrible
-Batman and Robin = 5.7 mediocre
-Batman Forever: The Arcade Game = 4.7 poor

So basically Batman games never make it over a 'C' ranking so I have no faith in a Legos Batman game. I also have no faith in a Legos anything. I will rip my eyes out if they have Legos Scarface, or Legos Aliens.
Not to sound harsh but you obviously don't know anything about sales, A lego batman (not legos thats not a real word :/) will sell as it's by the creators of lego star wars, the only reason the majority of batman games are crap is due to the developers. Batman in lego form will be popular, especially considering how popular lego star wars is with a general audience, as not everyone loves star wars, it's also a good game.
Not to sound harsh, but I didn't say anything about sales. I was pointing out that Batman games over the years have been utter crap and nothing above average with ratings. Of course a lego batman game will sell, but it doesn't change the fact that it will suck. and I don't care about Traveller's Tale's reputation and their experience with this kind of thing, I don't trust the idea of a lego batman game as more than a (creative but) mediocre game.
Travellers tales have been making games for years, they're a good company, and a lego batman game will be good :P so moo!

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 16:43

moo? lol :shock:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Post by Aliens » Fri Mar 30, 2007 18:25

Impostorzim wrote:moo? lol :shock:
Moo...Makes me think of *shivers* Chelsea..>.>
Anyways, yeah, ofcourse Batman sells, and im sure Lego Batman will too! but the game will suck, and fail horribly in the reviews. And i still don't see the point of taking what already has crappy games and adding virtual lego to it>.>...

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 18:52

Stabbeh wrote:
Anyways, yeah, ofcourse Batman sells, and im sure Lego Batman will too! but the game will suck, and fail horribly in the reviews. And i still don't see the point of taking what already has crappy games and adding virtual lego to it>.>...
Imposter - 01 Batman - 00
-WTFPWNT!-

I guess we won't know until 2008. Hard to believe a new game expected for the Playstation 2 late next year. I expect many games for the PS2 still coming out though. They could come out with Godhand 2 and I'd buy it probably. (before anyone says anything lemme point out I am fully aware it is multi platform.)
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.

Catherine
Baron of Hell

Post by Catherine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 21:50

Stabbeh wrote:
I doubt it'd get bad reviews.

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Fri Mar 30, 2007 21:53

Catherine wrote:
Stabbeh wrote:
I doubt it'd get bad reviews.
Role up, role up, place your bets! bad review or not? place your bets here please.

:lol:

i personally think it will scrape by on account of how popular lego games are.

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Tue May 01, 2007 17:30

Actually Batman Forever for the sega genesis was pretty fun..

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Wed May 02, 2007 20:05

RuNNinG_penGuiN wrote:Actually Batman Forever for the sega genesis was pretty fun..
and you were how old?
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

Cpt. Albert Wesker
Weirdo at your window

Post by Cpt. Albert Wesker » Fri May 25, 2007 21:16

RuNNinG_penGuiN wrote:Actually Batman Forever for the sega genesis was pretty fun..
Dunno bout Batman forever, but Batman Returns on the megadrive was awesome fun; though very hard for me at the time :P

Lego Batman should be amazing IMO not just cos I like Batman, but with a fairly decent developer on the job they should be able to make a decent Batman game woo!

Also if they include the oddball humor it'll be even better :D

they just better not include robin :P
In my plan, we are beltless!

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Wed May 30, 2007 02:32

Cpt. Albert Wesker wrote:
Dunno bout Batman forever, but Batman Returns on the megadrive was awesome fun; though very hard for me at the time :P

Lego Batman should be amazing IMO not just cos I like Batman, but with a fairly decent developer on the job they should be able to make a decent Batman game woo!

Also if they include the oddball humor it'll be even better :D

they just better not include robin :P
Batman Forever for the SNES gave me nightmares considering I never finished it. By the way, it would seem Robin is in this terrible idea of a game....

Stick that in your avatar box and smoke it.

Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.

Cpt. Albert Wesker
Weirdo at your window

Post by Cpt. Albert Wesker » Wed May 30, 2007 07:57

*falls over in apparent horror* My life is not worth living!!!

Well... it'll be ok, as long as they go with hardcore Robin, and not overly ridiculous camp-a-thon.

Oh god! I wonder what they're basing it all on O_o
In my plan, we are beltless!

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Wed May 30, 2007 09:04

travelers tales do not phail at videogames.
They used to make Sonic on PC (sonic racer) and that was one of my favorite games EVER.

Catherine
Baron of Hell

Post by Catherine » Wed May 30, 2007 10:03

Chill wrote:travelers tales do not phail at videogames.
They used to make Sonic on PC (sonic racer) and that was one of my favorite games EVER.
Sonic R and it was on the saturn :P

But I can't see this failing, if it's like lego star wars but with batman it will be amazing.

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Wed May 30, 2007 18:09

sonic R was on PC too, dont make me scan the CD case.

i played lego star wars, i understand its hype. it was lovely.