Scraping the Bucket (Exclusives)

For PlayStation related topics.
Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Scraping the Bucket (Exclusives)

Post by Impostorzim » Wed Feb 13, 2008 16:00

This thread is to look at any PS2 Exclusive games or those games that are out (or eventually coming out) for the Wii as well. Since this is the dying age for the Playstation 2, alot of people have been holding on tight hoping more games like God of War II come out before they can finally let go. Unfortunately, I think God of War II and Final Fantasy XII were the last really good games out for this poor system.

Either way, here is a list of games you should consider trying if you are a next-gen challenged person like myself or you just haven't gotten around to admitting the PS2 is gone just yet. Best news about these new games is, they don't or won't cost much at all. So they make perfect presents for your little siblings or cousins.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The King of Fighters XI

"Despite the dated presentation, The King of Fighters XI is one of the best fighting games in the entire series."

If you like 2D fighters like in the Arcade, this is just about as good as it gets. A ton of characters to choose from and from those very balanced characters to say the least. It plays a bit like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as in, you can switch out your characters in the middle of battle kind of like tagging them. In a summary, it's a tweaked-up version of the arcade game.

Iridium Runners Release Date: Late February 2008

"Iridium Runners is a futuristic racing game in which you must use special powers and weapons to win the Iridium Championship."

Apparently, it's like Wipeout meets Mario Kart. I'm trying to figure out if that's a bad or good thing. One thing is for sure I've never heard of a futuristic racing game on foot. This is exclusively for the PS2 and should be out by the end of February in Europe. Seems more like a kids or a family game which is a good thing since there aren't many of those left nowadays. I'll fill in on the game once I've read more on it after its release.

Twisted Metal: Head On - Extra Twisted Edition

"Twisted Metal: Head On has plenty to offer for fans of the series and anyone with an interest in vehicular carnage."

Twisted Metal: Head On is finally on the PS2 but it's alot more than just a port. It's chocked full of bonus content, the controls are overall better than that of the PSP, it looks and plays better. The game comes with scrapped endings from the first Twisted Metal from the PSone, 4 lost levels from Twisted Metal: Black and a documentary titled Twisted Metal: The Dark Past. It's most definitely worth it since it's not going for much money at all, kind of like its worth more than you're paying. Also the game comes with traditional co-op and splitscreen battle which wasn't on the PSP version for obvious reasons.

Buzz! Junior: RoboJam Release Date: March 11, 2008

Finally a game with a C-rating!! Buzz! is gonna be a gameshow for kids with trivia that apparently you actually play with a buzzer like in a gameshow.

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Release Date: March 11, 2008

Size Matters was originally for the PSP but now, PS2 owners and Ratchet and Clank fans can get a play at it. It's also coming out the exact same day as Buzz! Junior.

Well, I hope this thread was just the least bit useful. Took a while to compile these games together. This is pretty much embarrassing but, the PS2 is basically now a way to get the little kids off your back. Happy Shopping! I hope you save $40 on presents now.
KnightofBane wrote:Impostorzim:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.
Yeeaah... That pretty much sums it up.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Re: Scraping the Bucket (Exclusives)

Post by mongoose_01 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:55

Oh god I'll GIVE you the money to buy a 360 or a PS3...nobody deserves to play iridium runners or robo jam...
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Fri Feb 15, 2008 03:35

Can...can I cry on your shoulder? :'(
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 14:15

Impostorzim wrote:Can...can I cry on your shoulder? :'(
sure. Just lean over a couple thousand miles.

but if/when you buy a next-gen console, what's it gonna be?
Gordon Frohman wrote:
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:40

Answer wisely..

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 13:51

That's right Jet! Say PS3!
Gordon Frohman wrote:

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Sat Feb 16, 2008 22:04

Damn it! I really wanna play Gears of War and Dead Rising I've never even tried em, but Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII are gonna kick so much ass! I also wanna try Jade Empire and Resistance. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT. I JUST DON'T WANNA PLAY ROBOJAM!!
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Sat Feb 16, 2008 22:43

We get extra content for GTA. and Gears 2. And stuff.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 22:55

Jet Andre wrote:We get extra content for GTA. and Gears 2. And stuff.
Don't you get GTA later?

I'm hoping.

Please?
Gordon Frohman wrote:

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Post by Gordon Frohman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 00:04

360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Sun Feb 17, 2008 00:15

Nope, we get it on the same day as everyone else. The content is coming later.

Aliens
Spider Mastermind

Post by Aliens » Sun Feb 17, 2008 21:44

A big argument for PS3 games imo is MGS4, and ive had it used countless times on me.
Dont forget, a few months after release substance or w/e it'll be called will be released on Xbawks.

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Sun Feb 17, 2008 22:40

I don't see what the big deal is with the Metal Solid franchise. I didn't like the games personally, and i doubt this one will be much better IMO. Strapped for cash? Get a Wii.

<.<

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:02

Jet Andre wrote:I don't see what the big deal is with the Metal Solid franchise. I didn't like the games personally, and i doubt this one will be much better IMO. Strapped for cash? Get a Wii.

<.<
yah I never really liked the games, but my brother did so I guess MGS4 is an essential purchase...Still drooling over GTA IV
Gordon Frohman wrote:

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Mon Feb 18, 2008 23:50

You and me both, that game will rock reguardless of console.