Just some advice

For PlayStation related topics.
Sins_to_dark
Demonic Monkey

Just some advice

Post by Sins_to_dark » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:41

Now I posted this in a the gaming in general section, but i thought I would ask here aswell. First of all I am not a fanboy of any console all consoles have their good and bad points sure some are more successful and prefered but each has its own good points. I would appreciate not having anyone just saying yeah ps3 owns xbox etc.

The reason I have asked for some advice is because, I have an xbox 360 and quite alot of games for it, at this moment in time i dont need to worry about the bills etc ( about time really) due to me paying alot of them in advance, and I have about £500 spare, After paying the bills in advance and putting some into savings etc and i was thinking abput purchasing a ps3. I want some good old advice if the ps3 would be worth the purchas. I was going to buy it around next week with dark sector and condemned 2 and maybe another game. But was thinking as I said do you think it would be worth buying a ps3. As it will a while before i am in a situation to go and buy a console lol. But just some advice on if you think its worth the money, what games would you recomend etc. I know alot of games coming out on ps3 may be multiformat but as I was saying I was considering purchasing one and would like advice on if it would be worth it as I do have a 360.

Thanks in advance :)
I don't think you trust, in, my, self rightous sucide, i, cry, when angels deserve to die

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Re: Just some advice

Post by kob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 21:17

i'd wait for MGS4 before buying a ps3, tbh

Impostorzim
Arch-Vile

Post by Impostorzim » Thu Mar 27, 2008 02:49

KoB is right. I too will wait until June to really buy a PS3. I'm sure that if MGS4 is good its gonna be the push the console needs to get on track. Plus I forsee many developers choosing to make exclusives for the Playstation 3 in the coming time. It all comes down to how things go down in the next 3 months...

Until then enjoy Grand Theft Auto IV no matter what console you pick it up on and just sit back.

Remember that most of the people considering buying a PS3 are only after three things, one being a cheap Blu-Ray player.

Those other two things are "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" and the "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" series which are two whole games on their own. You gotta realize that these games have been in waiting for more than 4 years now. That's how epic they'll most likely be. If you have confidence that these and many other future exclusive are worth it, then yes do yourself a favor and get a PS3.
KnightofBane wrote:Impostorzim:
Ignorant.
Assuming jackass.
Yeeaah... That pretty much sums it up.

Sins_to_dark
Demonic Monkey

Post by Sins_to_dark » Thu Mar 27, 2008 19:00

Impostorzim wrote: KoB is right. I too will wait until June to really buy a PS3. I'm sure that if MGS4 is good its gonna be the push the console needs to get on track. Plus I forsee many developers choosing to make exclusives for the Playstation 3 in the coming time. It all comes down to how things go down in the next 3 months...

Until then enjoy Grand Theft Auto IV no matter what console you pick it up on and just sit back.

Remember that most of the people considering buying a PS3 are only after three things, one being a cheap Blu-Ray player.

Those other two things are "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" and the "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" series which are two whole games on their own. You gotta realize that these games have been in waiting for more than 4 years now. That's how epic they'll most likely be. If you have confidence that these and many other future exclusive are worth it, then yes do yourself a favor and get a PS3.
Thanks for the advice I do think I will buy the PS3 as im confident that there will be some great exclusives for it and the xbox 360 and if I have both consoles I will be able to enjoy exclusives for both 360 and ps3, have to admit though even though its not the reason I am buying a PS3 I really am looking forward to MGS4 I have been a fan of the series since it started :)
I don't think you trust, in, my, self rightous sucide, i, cry, when angels deserve to die

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Post by Gordon Frohman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 20:51

Impostorzim wrote: KoB is right. I too will wait until June to really buy a PS3. I'm sure that if MGS4 is good its gonna be the push the console needs to get on track. Plus I forsee many developers choosing to make exclusives for the Playstation 3 in the coming time. It all comes down to how things go down in the next 3 months...

Uh, just because a game has a long development time doesn't mean it'll be epic.
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

mongoose_01
Baron of Hell

Post by mongoose_01 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 22:09

Gordon Frohman wrote:

The Bible game took two thousand years and you thought it was great.
Gordon Frohman wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:My Computer >> Local Disk C then Windows, system32 etc
Went there and deleted the whole Windows folder and I still get that message. Fucking bullshit.
itsmedan wrote:well you should, all i am trying to say that its ok if you're poor, as long as you are AMERICAN ;x

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Thu Mar 27, 2008 23:39

mongoose_01 wrote:
Gordon Frohman wrote:

The Bible game took two thousand years and you thought it was great.
LOLD