Legacy of the Void

For discussing StarCraft.
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Legacy of the Void

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Nov 19, 2015 03:26

it was alright.

I felt like a battered housewife after HotS but I said fuck it and bought LotV just to see how it all ends. not worth the $40 price tag tbh, but the Protoss campaign was pretty fun overall. a lot of variety with the missions, the unit customization/Spear of Adun abilities were cool, writing was god awful (seriously,what gives Blizz?), and the ending is pretty fucking laughable but at least the missions leading up to it were fun.

the last few missions were very challenging but rewarding if you could beat them with all the bonus objectives. never felt more accomplished in beating a level with an rts in a while.

7.9/10

still have yet to try multi but the new units seem cool.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Re: Legacy of the Void

Post by Mr. Smith » Thu Nov 19, 2015 08:38

Fucking Sam! What are your thoughts on Legion?
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 20:42

I gave up before the expansions. SC2 is a decent game, but I could tell it was all going downhill story wise. I'm not sure how the competitive community is doing these days, but I imagine it's died down a lot too. So I wasn't that interested in the multiplayer either.

What ended up happening anyway?
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Nov 19, 2015 21:15

Kerrigan goes super saiyan and kills Cthulhu to save the universe from an "infinite cycle". that's seriously the story.

basically Diablo, I mean, an evil Xel'naga god, wants to wipe out the universe and the near extinct Protoss finally all unite under one banner and reclaim Auir to rebuild their race. they send the evil god back into the void where it will have to regain its strength for a millennium or something to enter back into their world. that's how the Protoss campaign ends, which isn't so bad, but then there is the ridiculous epilogue.

Kerrigan brings Raynor and Artanis into the void to kill the evil god for good so it will never have the chance to re-enter their universe. a good Xel'naga god offers to sacrifice itself to give her its power so she can become a super saiyan Xel'naga. she anti-climatically kills the evil god by firing a giant laser at it from her hands, seemingly sacrificing herself in the process. cut to two years later everything is happy and we see Raynor drinking in Mar Sara alone. he hears Kerrigans voice and turns around to see a silhouette of her back in Terran form. roll credits!

not even an ending cinematic, just a frame by frame text bullshit ending. you can tell they rushed it just to get it out sooner instead of taking time to have proper closure which made me mad since the Protoss campaign was really long. that was the ending we received for all the payoff, mehhh. :snare:

on the bright side, there were a lot of throwbacks to the original SC and Brood War so that was kinda cool for nostalgia purpose. watching Stukov get revenge on Duran was pretty cool to witness and only people that played Brood War would get it. there were a lot of Tassadar references as well which I thought was cool.

the last four or so missions is what made it fun for me. they were freakin tough but I did feel like a boss when I finally figured them out. but good lord, I had to ignore the story so hard to not laugh at it.

oh, and Smith. I'm done with WoW dude, it's so boring. don't even know anything about Legion tbh.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Fri Nov 20, 2015 21:40

youdiedtooeasily wrote:oh, and Smith. I'm done with WoW dude, it's so boring. don't even know anything about Legion tbh.
The Burning Legion come back, shit gets fucked. The xpac after that will see us going back to Northrend to fight the lich king again.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 05:11

youdiedtooeasily wrote:
basically Diablo,
More like basically every Blizzard game now.
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sat Nov 21, 2015 07:38

word, Burn, pretty much. after WoW came out the story development for each franchise went to shit. SC, D2, and WC3 had great game play mechanics accompanied with writing which made you give a shit about the single player mode.

LotV confirmed that they don't care, they just want the Koreans to test out the new units in competitive play and give us YouTube highlight reels of them mastering them.

all in all, I regret paying so much for LotV, but the Protoss campaign was fun, I wont lie. it should have been $20 or something but it was a pretty long single player mode so I can't be too harsh on it as far as game play goes. they milked it out for sure. just wished it was more properly handled and finished correctly in the epilogue, which was a laughing joke against the entire franchise.

this is the new Blizz I take it, just reach into your wallet and offer nothing of substance. makes me mad since they used to be such a respectable company in regards to gaming.

in the end, yeah, I can see myself trying out the single player mode again at higher difficulty just for the challenge since it was a good layout, but overall, I'm like wtf Blizz. it seems like they gave up halfway through on the writing/story department and just rushed it out because of pre-order sales. after they got that money they were like fuck it! let's rush the ending to an entire series that used to be excellent!

I honestly think the gaming world is dead now. everything revolves around the sound of a cash register closing and not the game play itself. I'm just sad Blizz adapted this since their previous games were based off of actual integrity and not feeding the masses EA style gimmick bullshit.

Lord Rameon
Lost Soul
Consoles: Xbox 360, Xbox 1, Wii

Post by Lord Rameon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 04:26

SPOILERS

HAS NOT PLAYED GAME YET

Who am I kidding, I know the story sucks. Starcraft and Brood War was the tops.

"I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe." <-- greatest one liner ever

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Nov 22, 2015 05:13

it didn't have to suck is all I'm getting at. WoL was actually really good but HotS and LotV were so half assed as far as the story goes it just makes you shake your head.

same with Diablo 3 and RoS, the story was horrible and ruined Diablo 2s unique lore. I honestly do enjoy playing the game but just for game plays sake, the story is absent. again, they had so much to work off of and they delivered us this mediocre crap as far as a plot.

WoW destroyed the amazing story behind WC3 and FT as well but I guess that was obvious from the start.

and yeah, that line from Brood War made me laugh the first time I heard it, in a good way. I was like damn this bitch is ready for war! and sorry for spoilers, I'd rather you save your money and just watch the cut scenes on YouTube.

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 05:56

I enjoyed early WoW storylines and everything, and I still do enjoy the lore, but it's all been convoluted so badly. But I will agree WoL was fucking great.
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Nov 22, 2015 06:04

fair enough, you have a point. Vanilla and BC has it down pretty well since they referenced the RTS games on point which was cool since you got to see how everything happened from a new perspective. the early raids really displayed this well. most people that played the game missed out on a lot of crucial story elements but if you knew the backstory it made the raid so much more epic. once WotLK came out it totally ruined all of it, that's when it went past the lore and started creating the new timeline which is entirely upsetting.

I've tried to defend WoW over the years but I can't anymore. after Wrath it went to shit for me, story and game wise.