15%
It wont flop, but wont be a game of a lifetime
20%

Total votes: 20

Tcklmypickle
Pinky Demon

Re: hmmm

Post by Tcklmypickle » Sun Jul 22, 2007 21:47

there is a shitload of hype for SC2 im saying there that brute force was supposeed to be halo 1.5, to hold us over till halo2, all that hype sold the game millions but it totaly sucked.

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Re:

Post by itsmedan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 02:38

Chill wrote:OOPS!

well either case. the two companies arent "rivals". They are 2 genres and 2 different bases. Blizzard do well is Asia, while Bungie churns out a similar looking shooter ever couple of years ZOMG. Every company is in competition with each other, otherwise people wouldn't buy games. Do you buy shit games? no. So you buy good ones? aaaaah... so games must be good for them to be bought.
Do we need to check the sales charts? no. no we dont. either way, its just competition, if they make a game people want, people buy the game.
If i get a disc and shit on it, you wont buy it. So people dont do it.

R_P have you even played SC. It is NOT for 13 year olds, it has a hardcore fanbase. Anyone who played SC or WC will consider this. Bearing in mind that SC is one of the biggest selling games ever, that means a LOT of people will buy it i imagine.

COMMON SENSE FTW

seriously i dont mean to revive but i own both warcraft 2 games, both starcraft games and warcraft 3.. in my opinion SC is not that great of a game... to be honest it seems like they are just touching SC up a bit and putting a 2 at the end..
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Blow my fucking brains out
Pretty patterns
On the floor

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Fri Sep 14, 2007 06:46

Yes, that's exactly what they're doing. Blizzard haven't done anything creative since Diablo 2's expansion.

Syringe
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: OHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Syringe » Fri Sep 14, 2007 14:19

The Blizzard RTS games will always rock because of insane mod-capability.

WC3 maps were my life before WoW

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 15:01

ransom, what was so creative about the expansioN?
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Pretty patterns
On the floor

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Fri Sep 14, 2007 15:24

It didn't suck, that's what.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Fri Sep 14, 2007 20:39

Blizzard doesn't care, they're rolling in millions a month.

/end I-hate-Blizzard-fanboy

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 02:10

Ransom, did you like diablo II outside of the expansion... that was a fun game :)
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Pretty patterns
On the floor

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Sat Sep 15, 2007 06:22

yeah diablo 2 was the last thing Blizzard did that they didn't fuck up

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 05:55

But even it had its weaknesses, in a lot of ways the first one is better. Which is really sad considering how damn primitive it is.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Tue Sep 18, 2007 06:59

care to elaborate

I can't think of a single thing that was better about the first game. If anything the sequel's biggest flaw was that it only perfected the original's formula, rather than take it to new places.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 18:22

The game's reliance on class specific things made the game far less enjoyable. Diablo one was pretty open ended, you kind of had to do everything just to get by.

D2 is a lot more on rails, making the wrong decision or trying something new generally means your character was going to be awful in later levels. So many skills and abilities are so nerfed that it's basically impossible to experiment with characters without reading a guide.

I don't know how far you played into the game, but this is hugely evident in later levels. Especially nightmare and hell difficulties. Which is not the case in D1.

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Tue Sep 18, 2007 18:56

And what about all the things that were awful about the first game? Like the tome/scroll system and how utterly reliant you were upon luck? Get the tome of Town Portal early on and you were set for the rest of the game.

I liked the class-specific things personally - it's not like they overwrote any of the regular equipment, anyway - and I don't recall having any problem with skill choice, although that stuff may have changed since all the patches. But I didn't play much of the harder difficulties, no. Did D1 even have those though?

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 21:27

I agree, D2 had some features that were fantastic and that were REALLY needed in D1. And I do agree about the luck thing, you needed to be able to buy books of spells in D1.

Yes D1 had nightmare and hell difficulties. But everything was well balanced. Players could pretty much play as they wished and still be ok. But you needed help to be able to get by. Which made online play awesome because you really did need whoever you were playing with.

It's the same way in D2, but once you reach higher difficulties, you are COMPLETELY reliant on certain equipment. By certain equipment, I mean that if you do not find certain items, your character will basically suck. And the skills at later levels weren't balanced at all. Some skills fucking rocked while others were USELESS. Some were great at low levels but got nerfed at a high level and thus screwed you out of much needed skill points. Now I know what you'd say, "Well it's a higher difficulty, wouldn't that make sense?" Sort of, so allow me to explain in simpler terms.

Basically, D1 is more of a classic hack and slash RPG. A lot of its features are archaic and are in need of dire repair, but it's still a great game.

D2 is more like the precursor to WoW in the sense that the game isn't really focused on anything but building an immensely strong character that can't stray from its specific strategy without becoming a failure. Somewhere thrown in that mess is the actual game, which is pretty good.

I'm not saying D2 is bad, I love D2. I use to play it with my friend all the time and I still do play it occasionally. I just think that it strayed from the original in some frustrating ways, and because of that I sometimes prefer the open endedness of the original.

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 02:26

im not gonna lie, i have hardly ever played diablo.. i played it a few hours on playstation at a friends, was pretty fun i must admit. d2 was the best thing going for them at the time imo. i see sc2 ending up like wc3, an attempt to make a good game better... and here in a couple years ill probably sign up for my first month free of world of starcraft because of it.
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Pretty patterns
On the floor