Elder Scrolls V: Announced Tomorrow?

For discussing Oblivion.
Darkstorne
Demonic Monkey

Elder Scrolls V: Announced Tomorrow?

Post by Darkstorne » Wed May 27, 2009 23:31

Tomorrow (Thursday) on GameTrailers TV, Bethesda is showing the first trailer for their next game (Source 1 - Kotaku). This game is currently unannounced but as we are well aware, Paul Oughton, a Publishing Executive for Bethesda recently mentioned that a new Elder Scrolls title could be expected around 2010. (Source 2 - UESP)

So if any of you guys still have that ES passion, there is a chance that the first trailer for TESV will be aired tomorrow. Current speculation seems to point to it either being the next Elder Scrolls title, or some random dissapointing Wii game that they are also known to be developing. I suppose the ultimate letdown would be TESV on the Wii :P

Either way, i'll update this as soon as I find out what their new game is. Figured some of you might like to know about this little development.

-Darkstorne-

Sources:
1: http://kotaku.com/5271488/gametrailers- ... e-thursday
2: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:News/ ... in_2010%3F

Darkstorne
Demonic Monkey

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Announced Tomorrow?

Post by Darkstorne » Fri May 29, 2009 13:38

Well there's bad news, and a small glimmering chance of some good news. The bad news is that the new game announced earlier was 'Brink', a brand new IP for Bethesda. The trailer shows some concept work for a futuristic, sustainable city, and... an eye. All that can be gleaned from this trailer is that the game seems to be set in the near future, possibly with the planet being pushed to the brink of destruction, presumably because we didn't do enough recycling or use energy saving lightbulbs. This might be a futuristic, slighly sci-fi version of TES and Fallout, but we can only speculate. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qX3qlo2r4k

The (possibly) good news: The rumour mill indicates that the main Bethesda team is not working on this game, but that it is being developed by a third party. The main Bethesda guys are rumoured to be working on one of their main IPs instead, which could be either FO4 or TESV. But until Bethesda provides anything official on that front, it's just a rumour i'm afraid. Maybe E3 will shed some light on this next week?

-Darkstorne-

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Sat May 30, 2009 10:17

I caught the trailer, pretty bitchin'. Though i love anything Bethesda churns out.

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Sat May 30, 2009 13:28

To put a downer on things.

I'm predicting a Mulitplayer game, team vs team, Battlefield clone.

It'll attempt to have a good story and a in-game missions but it will fail terribly.

I base this on the fact that Splash Damage is a fairly new and inexperianced company who ONLY make those types of game. Bethesda will handle the setting and the story, but I don't hold hope for them to be able to do anything good.