Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

For discussing Oblivion.
Post Reply
Zolan
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 20:47

Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Zolan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 21:10

I'm playin again after some time...but getting fed up with green triangles breaking up the screen.
Got GeForce 6600GT so should be ok - is it a driver prob? Any suggestions?

User avatar
Damondo
Arachnotron
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 03:16
Location: Hiding in the shadows, invisible.
Contact:

Re: Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Damondo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 19:44

Zolan wrote:I'm playin again after some time...but getting fed up with green triangles breaking up the screen.
Got GeForce 6600GT so should be ok - is it a driver prob? Any suggestions?
If you're rocking a 6600GT then its time you started thinking of investing in a new card.

Zolan
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 20:47

Re: Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Zolan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 20:56

Damondo wrote:
Zolan wrote:I'm playin again after some time...but getting fed up with green triangles breaking up the screen.
Got GeForce 6600GT so should be ok - is it a driver prob? Any suggestions?
If you're rocking a 6600GT then its time you started thinking of investing in a new card.
I thought this was still "OK" for oblivion...what should I be looking for? :confused:

User avatar
Cowardly
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 6091
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 16:54
Location: Canis Latrans. Super Genius.

Re: Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Cowardly » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:17

I remember using a 6600GT for Oblivion way back, and I never had any problems.

Artifacts usually mean somethings busted.

Zolan
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 20:47

Re: Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Zolan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 20:14

I get green flickering shapes in the background scenery, which make the screen hard to look at...do you think its hardware or software (patch fixable?)

User avatar
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 8410
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 22:39
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC
Location: DANCE MASTAH!
Contact:

Re: Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Saladin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 21:22

Hard to know.

Try updating your drivers and maybe re-installing the game.

If it's a hardware problem, you should be seeing issues across games, not just in Oblivion.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

User avatar
Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Posts: 10127
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 19:35
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.
Location: Jive, Turkey

Re: Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Gordon Frohman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 23:15

I could have sworn shit like that was due to a malfunctioning video card?
Image
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...






Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

User avatar
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 8410
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 22:39
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC
Location: DANCE MASTAH!
Contact:

Re: Green Triangles over Cyrodiil

Post by Saladin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 22:38

Usually yes, but it's highly unlikely that you'd see it in only one game.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests