nobody fucking move i am posting some of my writing

Create every day.
Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Re: nobody fucking move i am posting some of my writing

Post by Mr. Smith » Thu Jul 31, 2008 07:08

Woot I have claimed this story as my own. Well at least on all the forums I have posted it on.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Thu Jul 31, 2008 08:37

yeah i commented on this already, pritty good.
I mean, i said i wouldnt read it again, but when i started, i couldnt stop -.-

anyway, i'm sure at some point i'll post something i've written, its largely unimaginitive and poorly written, but i guess you guys can slate me on that.

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Thu Jul 31, 2008 13:51

chill yes do itttt
PsychoBob wrote:I know this post is rather old but I'm assuming you're always open for criticism.

First of all, fantastic story, I tend to be a fan of these post apocalyptic settings about convoys of survivors moving on, so you have location and a good story with a nice amount of interpretation left available.

However, as tab said, it needs more physical description, early in the story I was picturing Dieter as an old man around his sixties, however when he starts throwing out lines like motherfucking and shit, this made me pin him more around his mid-thirties, early forties. This also includes the ship itself, early on I saw it being around the size of a large house, however when Rachana first stepped out on top of the ship and threw her radio it then had me thinking it was more around the size of a giant tanker.

So, what I'm saying is that you could use more definite descriptions.

And sorry to say this but I found the ending a little cliche'
8/10
Success! More feedback. Thanks Bob.

Yeah, the level of description seems to be a sticking point for most people I've shown this to. I was going for a leaner writing style, avoiding exposition at all costs, which is why there's very little straight description. The radio-throwing scene was actually designed for exactly that purpose of showing how big the vehicle was - but I see what you mean. That sort of thing ought to be made clear at the beginning.

Could you elaborate on how you found the ending to be cliché?

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind

Post by Cowardly » Thu Jul 31, 2008 14:30

Is it just me, or does anyone else fucking yearn to know why Hale is so dangerous, so wanted and what the fucks going on.

I think the Junior Inspections obsession with the man is the most compelling part of it.

And my friends scruitinised what i'd written, without even writing it, and in blind fury i deleted it and saved the blank page.

shit.

Jet Andre
Baron of Hell

Post by Jet Andre » Fri Aug 01, 2008 02:19

Ok, i finally read it. I loved it. I'm not going to repeat the flaws other people have already made clear, though i will say i felt the ending to be slightly abrubt. This may have been when you were trying to go for, leaving the reading with that slight sense of confusion. I think it's in dire need of a sequel as that will justify all the loose ends. What i'm trying to say is, as a stand alone story it's not fleshed out enough.

Thats my 2 pence worth.