CyberDemon

Re: Paperback or Ebook?

Post by Ransom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 02:38

All right gramps

Witchkin
Pinky Demon

Post by Witchkin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 03:06

Really, I need to pull this image up on a tablet and see how it looks to someone on a Kindle, Asus etc...
~~Basically....I get people drunk and take their money...for a living. :)~~~

Witchkin
Pinky Demon

Post by Witchkin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 03:15

Just sent an email to the artist, and asked if we can fix that capital R. lol
~~Basically....I get people drunk and take their money...for a living. :)~~~

Jon0101
Mancubus

Post by Jon0101 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 18:40

E-books or regular books:I hate them both equally, in different ways.

I hate the physical space that a book takes up, a lot. I hate it when I make notes in the book, even if it is pencil, that there is some residue left over. I hate the limited amount of space for notes. A physical book can only hold what it is printed on it. I hated having to lug around a huge book when I'm reading it.

With E books I hate that there are so many formats and that it is becoming confusing. I had to run a .lit book through a open-source program to make it into a pdf. But now that pdf has the website of the open source program printed on every page, and the pages aren't even formatted correctly on my nook so in the middle of my book I get a fucking website. Also it is worthless to be academic in any manner with a Nook or Kindle because turning pages and skimming is so slow. (Search features, scrolling and touch pads will fix that shit.) Amz, Epub, and what ever else are fighting it out and transfer programs are so fucking hard to work with.

Also when I can fucking buy a Great condition copy of a used book for under 5 dollars with shipping when the e-book is is trying to go for 10 to 15 dollars. Getting the E book is fucking dumb. Also some times they don't even have e-books for the books I want.

In the end, I know that E book will eventually become common and everything will be E-book-a-tized. And that real books will become special items like horses. I'm sick of living through this shit.
Hi! I like fun, and I like posting stuff, and I'm a information addict.
Quack wrote:Daylight Savings is a sale

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Mon Oct 08, 2012 02:10

Yeah, the format war is a load of bullshit. I wish Amazon had taken the high road on that one.