Mine - short horror film

Create every day.
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Mine - short horror film

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed Oct 22, 2014 16:16

Quack wrote:Write a really fucked up horror story
FINE! haha, anyway. yeah so been working on this synopsis for a couple days in my spare time. I think it would be visually disturbing as shit and doesn't necessarily need a huge budget to pull off so that would be more inviting for producers. wondering what you guys think and I'll start working on the actual screenplay soon. hope you enjoy!

Mine

Two brothers, Gavin and Andrew, exit a private property mine; Gavin is carrying a very unique looking stone. An upset local in the distance tells them they have to put it back and they refuse, he picks up his hunting rifle and fires a warning shot stating this isn’t a debate. The brothers look to each other and start running away. The local then takes aim and fires at them, missing, exclaiming he’s trying to help them. They frantically make it back to their car and take off. The local reveals a crumpled picture of a young girl with the name Alexis on it and looks upon it and then shakes his head as he watches them drive away. The brothers return home, Gavin sets the stone in the living room on display. They discuss the trip and go to sleep. Late in the evening, Gavin is awakened by whispers in his ear. He then notices his closet door slowly open on its own and sees a silhouette of a person in the shadows. He closes the closet door and props a box up to it, thinking the hinge is off and he’s just seeing things. He goes back to bed and this time the closet door bursts open and he sees a figure dart out of the closet. He grabs a flashlight off his nightstand and shines it around the room, eventually revealing a terrifying looking young girl, Alexis, with a creepy grin and horrific looking features. He trembles in fear and tries to shout for Andrew but cant. She draws closer and closer to him muttering more whispers into his head. She pauses and crookedly points to the living room. His eyes roll back and he is consumed under a trance, he sprints out of his room and leaves the apartment by slamming the door. This awakens Andrew and he bursts out of his room and notices Gavin is missing. He calls out to him and flips on all the lights and sees every piece of furniture flipped upside down in the apartment and the stone is surrounded in bloody handprints. He frantically grabs his car keys and takes off looking for Gavin. Gavin is running down a neighborhood street in panic and stops to catch his breath. His eyes are still blank. He collapses on the sidewalk and his feet are blistered and bloody. Andrew see’s him off the side of the road convulsing and he comes to a screeching halt and rushes to him. Gavin keeps repeating “What does she want!?” over and over. He finally snaps to and is startled that he ending up running two miles away from the apartment. Andrew props him up and helps him back to the car. On the drive back Gavin falls asleep and Andrew notices a young girl staring at him pointing and he dismisses it. They get back home and all the furniture is back the way it was and the stone is no longer surrounded by handprints. Gavin states he just wants to go back to bed and Andrew peers around puzzled and picks up the stone and examines it. He sets it back down and goes back to sleep.

The next day Andrew goes to check on Gavin but Gavin proclaims he doesn’t recall any of the events that happened the previous night. Gavin says he has to take off for a moment and leaves the apartment. Andrew starts unpacking his bag from the mine trip and pulls out a switchblade knife and starts shaking uncontrollably. His eyes roll back and in a trance like state he enters his bathroom. Alexis is standing in the shower and she opens the shower curtain, inviting Andrew in. Andrew seats himself down in the shower floor and flips open the blade, shaking. Alexis turns on the shower and it is spraying blood instead of water onto both of them. Andrew takes the blade and places it right under his eye and starts slowly slicing down his cheek and Alexis smiles. Gavin returns to the apartment and hears Andrew yelling “Mine!” over and over from his bathroom. He rushes over to see Andrew lying down and the shower is covered in blood. Andrew is bleeding from under his eye with a sliced line down his cheek. Gavin shakes Andrew and he snaps out of the trance and is in complete shock. He closes the knife and runs to his room. Alexis is standing away from them and waves her finger side to side and whispers “No-no” and walks away. Andrew wipes off the blood with a towel and takes off his ruined shirt, tossing it in a trashcan. Gavin tries to confront Andrew about what he was doing but Andrew doesn't recall how he got there and where the blood came from. Andrew, in complete disbelief, claims he wants to take a nap and bandages his cut. Gavin looks into the bathroom and sees two bloody footprints where Alexis was standing and washes them away, he closes the bathroom door and Alexis reappears in the shower creepily giggling. Gavin grabs the stone off of the display and starts looking up information about it online, hoping for a result. He reads an obscure article about a young girl named Alexis dying in the mine and looks into it further.

Andrew goes to lie down and starts hearing whispers. He slightly squints his eyes open and sees a decrepit hand slowly open his closet door. He closes his eyes and goes back to sleep thinking he’s just seeing things. The whispering continues and he opens his eyes again and sees Alexis’ eyes staring at him from inside the closet door and closes them again trying to brush it off. The closet door bursts open and Andrew finally wakes up and rushes to see what is going on. The closet is empty so he closes it shut and turns around. Alexis is levitating over his bed and she turns to him and points at him letting out a loud shriek. Andrew falls back in fear and his cut on his eye starts bleeding profusely under the bandage. The walls inside his bedroom start bleeding waves of blood as well. His eyes start to roll back but he fights off the trance and picks up the knife he used earlier. He grabs Alexis out of midair and throws her against the wall. He starts shouting in fear and stabs her repeatedly, getting sprayed with black blood after each stabbing. Alexis stares back at him laughing maniacally and lifts one of her arms up crookedly and waves her finger side to side again. Andrew goes in for one more stab but ends up stabbing the wall and everything suddenly is back to normal. He gazes upon the wall and notices all his punctures are bleeding the black blood but Alexis in nowhere to be found. He rushes into Gavin’s room to warn him about what he just endured but witnesses Alexis standing next to Gavin, pointing at him letting out her shriek. Gavin, with his eyes rolled back and in a trance, is cutting himself with a box cutter inscribing “MINE” repeatedly on his arm with the blade. He lets his blood drip all over the unique stone and Andrew dashes over to intervene. Alexis shakes her fingers side to side again and disappears. Andrew shakes Gavin out of the trance and he gasps since all the inscriptions on Gavin’s arm have disappeared as well. Gavin comes to focus and has a look of terror upon his face since Andrew has the inscriptions of blade sliced “MINE” all across his body and pushes him aside, Andrew, confused asks him what is going on and Gavin turns around and notices all the inscriptions are gone. Andrew reveals to Gavin what he saw and Gavin collectively agrees they have tampered with a supernatural force and need to destroy the stone. Andrew picks up the stone and places it on a table as Gavin grabs a hammer and smashes the hammer down onto the stone. The hammer shatters and all the splintered bits of wood and the mallet are oozing black blood. Alexis walks behind them giggling and shakes her finger side to side and they both are in shock. They both decide to return the stone to the mine and take off.

A dark cloud ominously follows them and it gets darker as they get closer to the mine. They reach the mine entrance and see Alexis with her hands out and has a very devious look to her face. Gavin throws the stone to her and she lets out her shriek. The mine collapses and black blood spurts from the entrance as Andrew and Gavin run back to the car. It cuts to a future time and an unsuspecting hiker is hiking the desert near the collapsed mine. They open their canteen for a drink of water but drop the cap and it rolls over to the ruined site. They chase the cap and it stops on a pile of rubble, as they are chasing it they hear “Mine” being whispered to them. They reach down and pick it up but also notice the unique stone and examine it. They put it in a travel bag and excitedly take off. It pans to Alexis eerily giggling as the mine is transformed back to its original open state. She’s shaking her finger side to side as she whispers “No-no” and it fades out.

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Re: Mine - short horror film

Post by Quack » Thu Oct 23, 2014 00:49

Nice, I really like the use of the word "Mine." I haven't heard of a horror movie specifically to deal with a mine, so that's cool that it's unique. Definitely freaky imagery. Cool!

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Re: Mine - short horror film

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Feb 14, 2016 04:38

I'm so fucking goddamned pissed the shitty new horror flick The Darkness is basically the same premise as my idea, and is now a wide-release.

sgoushdgpouisah[oeuirjmhgfibvusd hfv[wiebvp[shdobmsjd;vsdfh9we7r9we-yf[pwijfwe09ugfwpg

well, it inspired me to finish what I started, for real. I have eight scripts in my hands that are halfway/almost done, and that's my fault, I will own up to that for not just finishing them out one at a time, but I'm learning. I just need to hit it hard guys. I believe I can do it, I know I have the mindset for it.

idk, just needed to vent. I had the same idea done better but I never finished it. although the movie looks dumb as fuck, I honestly wouldn't care if my final product was that, since I would at least have gotten my name out there. but, at the same time, that's a good metaphor for my passion I guess. whoever wrote that was determined enough to finish it and polish it for a studio while I was fucking around with eight different ideas.

not letting that mistake happen again.