Vault of Pellios + future ideas for the trilogy

Create every day.
youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Vault of Pellios + future ideas for the trilogy

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon May 16, 2016 04:41

Greetings everyone.

I decided to make a thread for feedback and discussion of my script ideas. Hope you're enjoying VoP so far. I'm at page 65 of VoP now and will come back and edit this initial post many times to keep you guys up to date. Ironically I'm almost halfway done with RoN but I plan on scrapping a lot of pages during this entire process so the trilogy ties together nicely in a tight bow. I think I'll finish VoP sooner than expected and make changes accordingly along the way.

I wanted to share my mapped out plans of the other two scripts for friendly debating purposes.

I know I still have to finish Vault of Pellios of course but here are the other two films in the trilogy I plan on writing that I've blueprinted in advance. (all of this is subject to change, just my current thoughts)

The second entry is currently titled Tower of Twilight.

Main Protags:
Zariel
Annabel
Marlow (he will be introduced in VoP but will be a main role in this one)

Main Antags:
Aurelia Shade (psychotic "Magi")
Xen'galil (a lich)

Side Good Guys:
Luthias Daefir (Veslarian military commander)
Bari (dwarven King of the desolate mining town)

Side Bad Guys:
Sephiran
Firion Nox
(both roles tbd)

Evil Cult:
Faith of Shadows (devil worshiping, witch-like cult)

Main POI:
Tower of Twilight (duh)

Relics:
Shards of the Nether
Specters Root

Huge reveals:
Nether Hydra
SIRATH! (he plays a huge role in the story)
Premise:
A discovery of an ancient magical ore is found in a small dwarven mining town. Zariel, Annabel and Marlow are sought out to investigate it. This sparks the attention of Aurelia Shade as they clash to obtain the forbidden ore for opposite ideals. A hidden cult reveals a dark secret behind the magical properties of the ore which leads our heroes and villains to a grand adventure to uncover an ancient secret long forgotten by the realm.

The third, and last, entry is currently titled Realm of Nexas.

Main Protags:
Zariel
Drela (new character that will be introduced)
Pierce
Nexas (entity that plays a huge role in the story)

Main Antags:
Thali (pale-skinned elf priestess)
Nazaru (human male that is her advisor but has a secret)

Side Good Guys:
Annabel (she plays a big role but ultimately doesn't embark on the final quest)
Marlow (same as Annabel)
King Herrod (King of the city of Wyeford where most of the story takes place)
Malia (new minor character but she has an important role in the first act)

Side Bad Guys:
none at this point. I want to heavily focus on the conflict between Thali and Nazaru in this one.

Evil Cult:
none in this one, Thali commands an army of pale-skinned elves who are brainwashed into becoming evil by Nazaru.

Main POI:
Nexas' alternate plane of reality.

Relics:
none per se, just the portal between Zariel's world and Nexas' realm of existence.

Huge reveals:
Nazaru is actually a demon in disguise as a human and betrays Thali.
Zariel "dies" but Nexas is able to revive him at a cost due to certain magical circumstances.
Premise:
An enigmatic portal leading to an alternate dimension is summoned outside the gates of the grand city of Wyeford. Zariel, in a state of desolation, is convinced to retake his mantle and uncover the mystification behind this event. He learns to discover an ancient scared oath has been broken and he strives to uncover the mystery behind an ancient entity known as Nexas and its reappearance after hundreds of years of being absent from the realm.

Things I want to have happen that I'm up in the air about: (potential spoilers since I'm still working on VoP)
I do want Jarlael involved in these other stories at some point.
I want Liliyana to play a major role somehow in the story.
I'm debating on what to do with Safford, I kind of want him to survive VoP and make a return in RoN.
more to come, I honestly need to get ready for bed for work atm.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Re: Vault of Pellios + future ideas for the trilogy

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Fri May 20, 2016 21:05

after taking a break for a couple days and going back and reviewing my dialogue in the beginning, I do think I need to make a few adjustments. so, just a thought for you guys:

does the dialogue seem rather robotic in its entirety or just the intro? does it get better or worse? is it the same all the way throughout? just curious. I go back and change lines all the time but I'm trying to pinpoint a certain trait I do by over-explaining things.

thanks in advance, hope you're enjoying it so far.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell

Re: Vault of Pellios + future ideas for the trilogy

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Mon Jun 13, 2016 00:45

wrapping up the script, all that's left are the final few pages for the resolution and I'm going to go back and make some adjustments to fix the Texts of Time and Scroll of Secrets contradictions. if anyone is interested in reading it just let me know. I'm planning on finishing it by Friday. expecting it to finish around 110 pages or so.