Rockband: Green Day
Assassins Creed 2 Complete Edition
Naval Assault: The Killing Tide

Reviews and/or previews (1:00:17):
Space Ark
Super Street Fighter IV

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Re: Episode 200: OMG we did 200 episodes - featuring Quack

Post by Quack » Mon Jun 07, 2010 01:37

These are the closing days of the third era, and the beginning of GAMERCASTEPISODENINETEEEN

I apologize for giving the finger, please don't ban me
but i would love a hello kitty avatar

for Name That Game, it sounds like it would be in a Tony Hawk game

XopsX

Post by XopsX » Mon Jun 07, 2010 08:17

This post is called "An open letter to Paul" :D ENJOY!

Hello Paul,

I hope this letter finds you well and rested. I have just listened to episode 200 and would like to thank you for your kind words regarding my audio comments.
Now, I am not about to start a disagreement with the person who has the microphone (Consistently a losing battle as they always get to have the last word) but I would like to draw your attention to a key point you may have missed from my message.
"Positate the Negative" - I realise that actually means nothing as one of the words doesn’t even exist but the point I am making is this. Be more positive! not just about games either, I mean in general. You should take a page from Catherine’s book of positive thinking (available now at all good bookstores) When she presents articles on the podcast she is enthusiastic, happy and a joy to listen to. Unless it is Doom 3, Supreme Commander or Starcraft 2, your default standpoint is "that sucks".
Now from my early years in testing videogames I can see where you are coming from. You have a very specific style of game that you like and everything else doesn’t appeal to you and that’s cool you know? That’s perfectly acceptable for anyone to say. There are a ton of games that don’t appeal to me as well. Fifa, Street Fighter 4 and Oblivion for example. Those games are not at all to my taste. BUT... I would find it VERY hard to just say "Fifa Sucks" because quite frankly, it’s the best football game made to date and pretty much everyone I know plays it and enjoys it. On a similar note, I would never say "Doom 3 sucked" as it got a very high metacritic of 87 and sold over 4 million copies. Well done to id for making it. But, it wasn’t for me. Dead Space however was for me, came out of nowhere and blew me away. It had some really creative game design, incredible atmosphere and superb lighting and sound. I don’t think you can truly say "That sucked" and really believe it (Also, its metacritic was 89). Now what you CAN say is "I didn’t like it" and that as we have already covered here is perfectly fine.

Now I know why you say "that sucks". Its two syllables, easy to say and you don’t have to qualify it with any kind of justification or fact. But for the sake of gamercast and your own reputation as a podcast host, you should at least consider what I am proposing. Next time you are tempted to say "that sucks" how about you stop, think for a second about WHAT you don’t like about it and then voice that concern. It makes the world a MUCH more interesting place to be and you will sound a lot less negative. I don’t mean any of this as a personal attack or judgement on your character by the way. Just a suggestion to improve the show and minimize the amount of listeners you may offend and turn away from your podcast.

I will continue to listen avidly to your next show and thank you for using my comments in your 200th episode.

Take care and have a great week!

Gary AKA XopsX
:lol:

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Jun 07, 2010 08:45

You didn't like Oblivion or Doom 3? Most of the forums now hate you, lol. Since you liked Dead Space, what did you think of Alan Wake?
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

XopsX

Post by XopsX » Mon Jun 07, 2010 09:22

Mr. Smith wrote:You didn't like Oblivion or Doom 3? Most of the forums now hate you, lol. Since you liked Dead Space, what did you think of Alan Wake?
People wont like me because of my opinions? Oh... i guess this IS the internet then ;)
I just didnt get into the atmosphere of Doom 3. Nothing about it grabbed me as new or exciting but maybe it wasnt the sort of game i was after. Like i said, i know many people loved it so its clearly a good game.
Oblivion seemed like too much of a time sink and too Fantasy for me. I love Zelda and Final Fantasy games, but dont really get on with magic, dragons and goblins. I am much more on the Mass Effect side of the fence as opposed to Dragon Age.
Alan wake is pretty good so far. I am not as gripped by it's story as horror games dont capture my enthusiasm as much as sci-fi, but it has got some nice mechanics in it. I will let you know the further i get in.
Currently i am playing that and Splinter Cell Conviction. Both solid games.

Nice to meet you by the way Mr Smith.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Jun 07, 2010 09:42

Nice to meet you too. I love the Tom Clancy games, GRAW, Rainbow Six, and Splinter. Conviction was one of the best games I've played this year. I got much enjoyment from it. Solid gameplay and a gripping story. I am sure that you'll enjoy it. :)
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

XopsX

Post by XopsX » Mon Jun 07, 2010 09:50

I LOVED the rainbow Six games!
My girlfriend and I played through all the terrorist hunt maps on RSV1 and 2. Awesome fun. She was hardcore tho. Finished the Dam Level after i died and took out over half of them by stealing a shield and capping them one by one stealth style.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Jun 07, 2010 09:56

XopsX wrote:I LOVED the rainbow Six games!
My girlfriend and I played through all the terrorist hunt maps on RSV1 and 2. Awesome fun. She was hardcore tho. Finished the Dam Level after i died and took out over half of them by stealing a shield and capping them one by one stealth style.
I'm such a hardcore Rainbow Six fan that I even enjoyed Lockdown. lol But Rainbow Six 3 was my favorite.

XopsX

Post by XopsX » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04

Ravenshield! Totally superb. Played endless hours of that with friends. Great fun.

Paul
Spider Mastermind

Post by Paul » Mon Jun 07, 2010 14:55

Pure Football > Fifa. :lol:

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:28

Paul wrote:Pure Football > Fifa. :lol:
Playing sports games is like playing a game that's you standing in line at the DMV, it's just retarded.

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Wed Jun 09, 2010 20:24

congrats on the 200th episode paul

also, I think you meant "soccer" not football
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Wed Jun 09, 2010 20:49

OBrocks wrote:congrats on the 200th episode paul

Learn2UK

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind

Post by OBrocks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 13:54

Mr. Smith wrote:
OBrocks wrote:congrats on the 200th episode paul

Learn2UK
but they should be speaking american
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.