First Impressions

For discussing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Damondo
Arachnotron

Re: First Impressions

Post by Damondo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 16:46

No it wasnt Esbern. Luckily I wasnt affected by that bug but I do know that others have.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sun Nov 27, 2011 20:35

Spoiler tags you dumbfucks!
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

Julianos
Baron of Hell

Post by Julianos » Sun Nov 27, 2011 22:03

This spoiler involves the main quest:
After I did the whole elder scroll quest, I got the 20 pound elder scroll, did everything, beat the whole main quest, and noticed that I still had the quest where it said to 'transcribe the lexicon'. Also, I still have the 20 pound elder scroll in my inventory, and its a quest item, so it cant be removed. What do.

Scythe
Arch-Vile
Consoles: PC, Wii U, New 3DS, 3DS, DS, GBA, GBC, Wii, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS3, PS2, PS1

Post by Scythe » Sun Nov 27, 2011 23:24

Julian
take the scroll to the Arcaneum in the college, the orc there will give you some money.
Also, for the lexicon, did you leave it in the thing when you did that quest? Go back and get it, it's used for a different quest I think. I think it's Hermaeus Mora's quest
<33
Ransom wrote:
Mr.Smith wrote:Apple faggot machine.
I imagine this as a little robot that wanders around and collects bundles of sticks and dumps them at your feet
only white, and stylish, and incompatible with most sticks
KnightofBane wrote:i did not touch it other than to put it in my mouth
click this if you're new

Julianos
Baron of Hell

Post by Julianos » Mon Nov 28, 2011 02:08

Well shucks, thanks scythe I'll do that

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed Nov 30, 2011 20:30

after getting two characters to level 30 I think it's safe to say I've done a decent chunk of what Skyrim has to offer.

I love the game, they really did a good job on it despite a few bugs here and there, but all Elder Scrolls games have been like that. it's just something you look past. Skyrim is the most immersive world I think, combat is a little more fun, side quests/story lines and guild quests are amazing. read PC Gamers top 20 Skyrim mods and those make it visually more enjoyable. One of the best RPGs I've played in my opinion.

only gripes is the overpowered mod/crafting system (well not as bad as Morrowinds spellmaking but you get the drift) and there are a lot of exploits to level skills super fast which I try to avoid. did the Smithing Iron Dagger thing though so I could make Glass shit asap I will admit but kinda feel like I cheated in a way. The main story was meh as well, most of the Dragon fights were a joke. I'm more afraid of a Falmer Gloomwhateveritscalled than a 90 foot tall lizard with wings lol. apart from that, still makes for memorable fights.

re made my Morrowind/Oblivion chars and went these routes:

30 Redguard, light armor, smith, sword/shield. did Companions and Main Quest. was actually kinda rough in the beginning for hack and slash but once you get to lvl 90 one hand you mess some people up and the decapitations are so epic haha. going to start the Civil War quest line now.

30 Wood Elf, sneak, daggers, lockpick, arch. did Thieves and Dark Brotherhood, just now started the Main Quest. This was by far the greatest part of the game in my opinion. both guild quests had epic finales and were really fun to play out. most fun I've had in an Elder Scrolls game. And the Night armor looks so badass, man. Pretty much kill anything in one hit with backstab, game was pretty easy with this guy.

next character will be making a High Elf battlemage focusing on destro, heavy armor, 2 handed weap and enchanting and do the College quests since I haven't dived into those yet and just explore around looking for side quests. so overall, very fun experience just need to look past some of the bugs and exploits. looking forward to dlc/mods or hopefully an expansion.

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 22:02

I knew you were gonna go Redguard.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 22:28

i don't know man the thieves guild finale was fucking awful to me

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 22:38

KnightofBane wrote:i don't know man the thieves guild finale was fucking awful to me
I've been having fun with the treasure maps.

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Thu Dec 01, 2011 00:06

well KoB it didn't have anything to do with stealing things haha but I still thought it was fun. the whole Mercer/Karliah scene was cool.

well, just started up the mage char, so far so good.

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Fri Dec 02, 2011 23:54

I've got a level 33 high elf char, completely focusing on only magic skills. I've been putting level ups towards only magicka as well, which is probably a horrible idea in the long run but I've got ironflesh and greater ward to protect me. Got Illusion to 100 super fast by casting Muffle all the time, the irony is that I've never really used any other illusion spells. The perks for illusion are cool though, especially Silent Casting. Got my enchanting to 80, alteration at 70something, destruction and conjuration at 60, restoration at 40. I'm loving this game. So many new kinds of spells. Haven't started the main quest at all yet, just exploring and doing random shit. Alchemy takes so much longer to level up :@
I really like how magic skills only improve in combat or similar appropriate situations. Really makes it more realistic and not as cheap. The perk system is totally boss. Mage clothing is so fucking expensive, the next robe I want costs more than my Whiterun house did. Speaking of house, I absolutely ADORE the bookshelf system. I always collect all the books in the elder scrolls games, and always took me forever to manually put them all on shelves. Now it's so easy :D
to be cuntinud

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Dec 03, 2011 00:37

Quack wrote:I've got a level 33 high elf char, completely focusing on only magic skills. I've been putting level ups towards only magicka as well, which is probably a horrible idea in the long run but I've got ironflesh and greater ward to protect me. Got Illusion to 100 super fast by casting Muffle all the time, the irony is that I've never really used any other illusion spells. The perks for illusion are cool though, especially Silent Casting. Got my enchanting to 80, alteration at 70something, destruction and conjuration at 60, restoration at 40. I'm loving this game. So many new kinds of spells. Haven't started the main quest at all yet, just exploring and doing random shit. Alchemy takes so much longer to level up :@
I really like how magic skills only improve in combat or similar appropriate situations. Really makes it more realistic and not as cheap. The perk system is totally boss. Mage clothing is so fucking expensive, the next robe I want costs more than my Whiterun house did. Speaking of house, I absolutely ADORE the bookshelf system. I always collect all the books in the elder scrolls games, and always took me forever to manually put them all on shelves. Now it's so easy :D
to be cuntinud
Cuntinud.
Just got block to 100 and Smithing to 96

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Sat Dec 03, 2011 02:28

P.S.
I came across a mudcrab yesterday, in a field with no water nearby.
I killed it and found a ruby on it's corpse

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Dec 03, 2011 03:12

Quack wrote:P.S.
Sure it wasn't a spider?

Quack
Baron of Hell

Post by Quack » Sat Dec 03, 2011 03:19

Mr. Smith wrote:
Quack wrote:P.S.
Sure it wasn't a spider?
Yes